[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RIP Benoit Violier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
Goodnight sweet prince :'(

>'World's best chef' Benoit Violier dies aged 44
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35456685
>>
>>7332104
At least Jack Scalfani isn't dead yet.
>>
T
I
C
K
Y

all the other boards get them when people die :(
>>
Literally who?
>>
Silly fucker tried some of Jack's juicy chicken.
>>
>>7332104

>be chain smoking alcoholic because spent most of your life in kitchens with other stressed out chain smoking alcoholics and coke heads
>clean up a bit and earn 3 michelin stars
>you have literally gained the highest status in your field in the world
>nothing to keep you from drinking again
>start drinking again and realize that life literally has no meaning anymore
>depression from hangover takes over
>probably some ex still on your mind

Gee, I wonder what other way this could turn out, literally everyone I know who work at restaurants are alcoholics, drug addicts and/or unhealthy gamblers, of course that shit rapes you with depression.
>>
Is this anything like what happened to Bernard Loiseau? I mean, was there any speculation that he was going to lose a star?
>>
Who?
>>
>>7332850

Read the title of the thread foolio
>>
>>7332815
Not at all. The guide michelin was presented today, they got three stars again.
>>
>>7332952
Right, but Loiseau didn't lose a star, either--and I believe that was also on the eve of publication.
>>
never heard of him til now

sad, hard to understand from the outside looking in.
>>
>>7332815
He was just named the best chef in the world. He was top of the tops so I can't imagine he'd be in danger of losing one
>>
>>7332985
Still Loiseau had financial problems, and serious depressions.
Furthermore the Gault Millau only gave him 17 points in 2003, instead of 19 which he had in 2002.
This led to the newspaper Le Figaro discussing about Loiseau losing one of his three stars. The rest of the story is well known.

Anyways, nobody knows what caused the tragedy yesterday yet.
>>
>>7333032
OIC. Thanks for the insight. Anyway, this sucks.
>>
>>7332744
You know, I know it's an anonymous imageboard, but... you shouldn't go pushing your life story on everyone like it was a dive bar past midnight.

Also, you are not qualified to stain a proper chef's memory by even remotely equating yourself to him. "I could get 3 michelin stars if I cleaned up my act a bit", you say? How about die and be reincarnated, and try again from the bottom, and you may have a chance. You slimy little American washout.
>>
Oh hey, that dude was from the same département as me apparently.

Rip I guess.
>>
Switzerland makes high achievement but also unstable men.
>>
>>7332104

He's dead, yet Guy Fieri lives. Where's the justice in this universe?
>>
>refuses to use gmo ingredients
>found dead by "self inflicted gun shot"
gmo fuel can't melt steel wool
>>
>>7334110
not surprising as gmo are banned in switzerland.
>>
File: 81252977_730.jpg (136 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
81252977_730.jpg
136 KB, 660x330
That's not Andoni Luis Aduriz.
>>
What's the deal with cooking in restaurants? Asking because I've never really done it nor do I know anyone who's done it. I spent a few months cooking in a diner, and while it got stressful during rushes, it didn't feel worse than being busy at any other job I've had. But these stereotypical chain-smoking, stressed-out chefs seem to be a staple of pretty much every restaurant. So what's the deal? What's so bad about cooking.
(I do understand this guy's reasoning. Being at the top of the game has to be enormously stressful.)
>>
>>7335029
cooking is easy when you have zero vested interest in the success of an endeavor beyond clocking in and out to earn your paycheck.
>>
>>7333073
shut the fuck up
>>
damn he benoited himself.

say hi to chris for me.
>>
>>7335041
Fucking this. The place I work at right now? Couldn't care less if it burned to the ground beyond the fact that I hate job hunting and make good money. It's run like shit and I just go to get paid; I tried investing myself in it and it wasn't worth it, so now I autopilot.
>>
>>7333073
delete that message right now
>>
File: lolnazis.jpg (50 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
lolnazis.jpg
50 KB, 500x260
>>7335046
>>7335179
Picture related.
>>
if this isn't sticky worthy, then what could be?

an ingredient being declared extinct?
>>
>>7335196
A sticky about a dead chef on /ck/ would be like a Columbine memorial on /r9k/.
>>
>>7332104
First his mentor and now him.
There's either some powerful french chefs with dark backgrounds and sinister contacts, or Gordan Ramsay knows something we don't.
>>
>>7335202
I am afraid I have to agree. /ck/ is the most misanthropic board on all of 4chan, worse than even /jp/. People here can smell weakness, and thirst for blood, especially that of the succesful.

There's an especially large concentration of fencesitting do-nothings who go "I could do that if I wanted to" throughout their miserable lives, until realizing that the game is already over and they did nothing to make it shine when at their deathbeds. It's these people who hate "stars" the most, and flock to mock people who try, fail and make fools out of themselves like Jack Scalfani or Guy Fieri.
>>
>>7335196
the WHO would have to go on record saying that food is only a meme and that we don't actually have to eat to live and be healthy and provide concrete & undeniable evidence
>>
>>7335204
Ramsay knows what's up, I suppose. That's why he quit under Marco Pierre White, and that's why White himself is a ruin of a human being whose ass is mortgaged to Knorr for the next 200 years. Even in November 2116, the Knorr legal team will perform the rites to summon his tortured soul from the underworld so that he can deliver their adverts of boullion cubes and dehydrated ingredients for the Christmas season. And those who buy sign their souls to the fucking Devil.
>>
File: 1403318751973.png (332 KB, 411x411) Image search: [Google]
1403318751973.png
332 KB, 411x411
>>7332104
>killed himself
Maybe if he had someone to talk to.
This hits really hard and close to home
>>
>>7332113
>>7332682
>>7335213

learn to post about something else
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.