[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me win some free shit guys. What is this cocktail? There's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
Help me win some free shit guys.
What is this cocktail?
There's a high chance it's something to do with gin, but it isn't a Tom/John Collins.
A hint was given "1869".
Ideas my fellow alcoholics??

>it's not piss
>>
Looks like a Julep to me.
>>
>>7329978
I've got unlimited chances so keep throwing ideas yo.
>>
>>7329976
its a mudslide
>>
>>7329976
The Jacobite uprising, which Robert MacGregor took part in, was defeated in 1689, so maybe Rob Roy?

Probably not. It's not a good picture, so it's impossible to identify by sight.
>>
>>7330011
That does look like a Rob Roy, good guess. Could be hiding a cherry in there.
>>
>>7329976
cement mixer
>>
>>7330011
>>7330043

Looks a bit too murky 2bh, seems to indicate the presence of either lemon or lime juice. Looks exactly like a hot toddy, but obviously it's the wrong glass for that.

>>7329976

It's a Ward Eight, m8.
>>
>>7329976
Looks like a white russian to me
>>
>>7329976
classic daiquiri
>>
>>7331767
actually its probably a whiskey drink considering there was some bullshit called the whiskey wars of 1869

could just be an old fashioned served neat
>>
Kind of looks like a flying saucer?
>>
>>7329976
>>7331781

Pretty sure it's a Martinez, actually.
>>
>>7331789
not a flying saucer confirmed
>>
File: recipe-martinez.jpg (75 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
recipe-martinez.jpg
75 KB, 500x500
>>7331801
Yep, Martinez
>>
>>7331806
what relevance to 1869 does that have though?
>>
>>7331807

True... you think it might be a very funny looking Manhattan then? To connect to the whisky wars shit?
>>
It's not a Rob Roy, it's a Manhattan. A Manhattan was created in the late 1860's at the Manhattan Club in New York City.
>>
>>7331816
I've submitted 'a fucked up Manhattan'
>>
>>7331824
As you should. There's not even a cherry garnished at the bottom.

>>7331781
>old fashioned served neat

I'll piss myself if this is right. It doesn't even have muddled oranges and cherries.
>>
>>7331827
it was a Knickerbocker a la Monsieur..
what a loada shit
>>
>http://www.sipsmith.com/blog/distillery-news/Introducing-Original-Cordials-for-Gin-By-Sipsmith
Master Distiller Jared Brown's recreation of the original recipe from the 1700s and the 1st documented British cocktail from Terrington's 1869 "Cooling Cups and Dainty Drinks". Terrington describes cocktails as 'compounds' used to 'fortify the inner man…' and gin was first on his list mixed with orange bitters and ginger. So "The Original" is an homage to where it all began- and what Jared calls ""The Rosetta stone of drinks"; candied ginger roasted with a touch of orange bitters.

As with all the 3 Original Cordials for Gin by Sipsmith, Master Distiller Jared Brown has two serving suggestions - one a simple Fizz that carries the subtlety of the Cordials elegantly, and a shorter Martini-glass serve that is similar to the original serves that inspired them;

Fizz: 25ml Original Cordial, 25ml London Dry gin, topped with Soda in a highball filled with ice, garnished with a wedge of squeezed or unsqueezed orange.
Terrington's Original Gin Cocktail: 20ml Original Cordial, 50ml Sipsmith London Dry gin, stirred over ice and double strained into a coupe and garnished with a twist.
>>
>>7332269
Heres another mention:

>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/luxury/travel/1256/the-surprising-history-of-the-cocktail.html
In 1869, the first British book containing cocktail recipes was published: William Terrington's Cooling Cups and Dainty Drinks. Reaching back to that first use of the word cocktail, his first recipe was for a Gin Cocktail made with brandy or gin, ginger syrup, aromatic bitters, and a splash of water.

Also, took like 10 seconds to google it
>>
>>7332269
The drink in OP's pic isn't carbonated

>>7332276
>>7332276
Wrong color
>>
>>7332276
it was a Knickerbocker a la Monsieur.
also what >>7332280 says.
>>
>>7332280
Gin syrup should be quite dark if ones doesnt use white sugar.
>>
>>7329976
That's easy.

I just can't be assed to spell the fucking word right. 1869 and the appearance is the giveaway. That's a Sasarach.
>>
>>7332354
Refer to
>>7332283
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.