[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my mom was visiting me for a while, and I left for a few days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: Cast-Iron-Pan.jpg (2 MB, 3900x1850) Image search: [Google]
Cast-Iron-Pan.jpg
2 MB, 3900x1850
So my mom was visiting me for a while, and I left for a few days for work. I got back, and the STUPID COW used my cast iron, and fucked it up. She tried cooking eggs and potatoes in it, let it sit around, and then decided she would soak it to get everything unstuck, without oiling it afterward.

So now, my pan is flecked with bits of old burned egg, and has patches of rust coming through. I know it's fixable, but I've never re-seasoned anything that's in this kind of shape.

I guess I should just use sandpaper to get everything off? And then if I rinse all the crap off, wouldn't it just instantly create rust on the bare metal? Heeeeeeeeelp
>>
>>7329275
Steel wool, then re-season
>>
>>7329275
Maybe switch to a type of pan that isn't so delicate and demanding of special care.
>>
>>7329419
Pretty much this. Also be nice to your mom op. She is why you have the privilege of shitposting on 4chan instead of screaming with the other lost ghosts of aborted babies in the infinite interdimensional aether.
>>
>>7329363
yup. steel wool, scrub until smooth, reseason whatever manner you usually do. I use flax oil.
>>
File: 1453256903422.jpg (28 KB, 600x726) Image search: [Google]
1453256903422.jpg
28 KB, 600x726
>cast iron
>>
>>7329275
OMG OP don't be such a whiny faggot. Just scrape the shit off, oil it up and use as normal.

Fucking special snowflake seasoning fags.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.