[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With what can I eat greek yogurt? I don't like eating sweet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: NjXJ8V2.png (3 MB, 625x7465) Image search: [Google]
NjXJ8V2.png
3 MB, 625x7465
With what can I eat greek yogurt?

I don't like eating sweet things in my yogurt, so I usually eat it with chips or carrots. I'll make lentils and mix it with yogurt at the end. I can't stand the texture of yogurt by itself, so I can't just eat it with a spoon. I like how it tastes with savory foods though.

Any recipes or suggestions?
>>
When I make falafel I eat it with just plain greek yogurt since I'm too lazy to actually make tzatziki sauce after having expended the effort to make falafel.

Same goes for literally anything that involves tzatziki. I'm just too lazy.
>>
>>7328270

Just make it the day before, anon.

Things become much easier when you break them into smaller steps.
>>
A fair amount of yogurt is used in Indian curries. Even if the curry doesn't have yogurt in it, you can make a raita to go on top. A raita is basically just a seasoned yogurt condiment. I usually mix salt, cumin, and cayenne into the yogurt and just plop it on top of my meal. Cucumbers are also a good addition if you want the yogurt to have a cooling effect on the curry.

Also, maybe try making some vegetable smoothies? I usually use yogurt, milk, and berries (no sugar added), but if even that is too sweet for you, you could try making it with veggies instead.
>>
>>7328255
>Pork tenderloin
>Cubed

>Chicken
>Cubed

Into the trash it goes
>>
>>7328255
I keep greek yoghurt around to serve with any fried or baked starches. Also you can add it to guacamole.
>>
>>7328255
I usually just eat it.

If you've got a plain wheat cereal like weeties or shredded wheat or all bran, leave them in a bowl of yogurt overnight. They go all puffy, not soggy, and have a pretty cool texture.
>>
File: IMG_20160131_215746.jpg (3 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160131_215746.jpg
3 MB, 3024x4032
Make tzatziki, it's just yogurt, diced cucumbers, garlic, lemon, and dill. Just made chicken souvlaki and fresh pita to eat with the tzatziki, so good.
>>
File: wonderous.jpg (109 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
wonderous.jpg
109 KB, 1024x768
I use yogurt in every instance a recipe needs sour cream. Can't taste the difference when cooked or in dips.

Even on a baked potato it tastes great.

Most of my uses for plain yogurt are for non-sweet things, though sometimes I use it for sweet stuff.

I love using tzatziki sauce [cucumber] to eat raw vegetables, tortilla chips, pita chips, lots of stuff.

It can also be used as a thickener/creamer in some soups and baked food.

Yogurt is awesome.

So is pooping on a schedule.
>>
eat with chopped mint leaves, diced red onion and grilled lamb
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.