[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eggplants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: DSC_0057.jpg (106 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0057.jpg
106 KB, 800x450
Hi /ck/,
I've got two eggplants to get rid of. What can I do with them that involves minimal effort and other ingredients ? Slicing them and cooking them in a pan with olive oil is the only way I know and I'm looking for other ideas.
>>
>>7327781
Eggplant Parmesan of course.
>>
Stuff and bake
>>
Give them a military funeral with full honors.
>>
OP here, I also have some brown mushrooms and a big red pepper, if that can help.
>>
Grill up thick slices
Cube it up
Mix with diced tomato in sauce
Italian seasoning, minced garlic, s&p
Top with mozzarella and or parm blend

Bake in a little crock for a single serving or dump mix into a small ish pan and bake. Kind of like an eggplant parm casserole
>>
>>7327792
Could make stuffed bell peppers with the eggplant mix. you're working with what you got so fuck it try something different. Or just chop em up and add em into your mix. Same with the shrooms though I would sauté them up on high heat first. More veggies can't hurt.
>>
slice thinly, saute for literally a second on high, make lasagna using eggplant in place of pasta.
>>
Bake, scrape the softened guts out, mice a clove or 2 of crushed garlic into it, add salt and pepper to taste. use as a topping on toasted soda bread.
>>
if you have all this:
½ cup all purpose flour
⅔ cup beer
½ tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
2 teaspoons salt
olive oil for frying
1 teaspoon dried oregano
then make eggplants crisps
godly and easy to do
>>
File: eggplant-&-pork.jpg (603 KB, 1213x4900) Image search: [Google]
eggplant-&-pork.jpg
603 KB, 1213x4900
I just did a batch of this. Reheats great and will be my lunches for days.
>>
Cut each on in half as a "boat".

Scrape out the "seeds", but dont throw they away.

let it a while on salted water then rinse to remove any bitter.

Cook it a while on water. Dont let it get too soft, but dont leave it uncooked.

Take the seed, or at least part of then, roughtly break then, cook with onion, garlic or what you like the most.

Mix it with either Ricotta or cooked grounded meat, your choise.

Put the topping onto the eggplants. Put some tomato sauce and parmesan

Bake on over for a while. Actually, you are just heating it.

That is my favorite eggplant of all time
>>
OP here.
Ended up going with this :
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mario-batali/eggplant-parmigiana-recipe.html
even though I lacked many of the ingredients. I skipped the tomato sauce. It's currently in the oven, so let's hope for the best!
I will keep you updated. Thanks for your suggestions anons !
>>
Well it tasted great and it was really easy to do! Good night /ck/!
>>
>>7327835
This guy knows. Stab them with a fork and throw in the oven.

>>7328817
>>7329030
OOps. Well, good work!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.