[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Miracle Whip vs. Mayonaise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: dfas.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
dfas.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
Ok so, I work for a main competitor of Campbell's. We produce a product similar to Miracle Whip, and sales have never been higher.

What I would like to hear from this board is:

-whether you use Miracle Whip or a knockoff brand
-your thoughts on the product
-what you use it in cooking

Please, no trolling. Just honest talk about Miracle Wipe
>>
not american and don't really know what miracle whip is
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 159x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 159x360
They're great for wiping down anything really anon.
>>
>>7327464
I distinctly recall saying "Please, no trolling."

Your comment is NOT welcome here.

>>7327463
Why live?
>>
>>7327442
I actually like miracle whip, but not why you may think...

It's the only mayo that keeps my pucker from getting chapped, I don't want to divulge everything, but let's just say it works well for "hide-the-mayo-".
>>
Eggless mayo is shit.
>>
its not fucking mayo. i put it on a sandwich thinking it was mayo and it was NOT FCKING MAYO AT ALL
>>
I only use Duke's mayo... But, Miracle whip seems like a product from the 80s that moms would buy for sandwich spread. The fact that the name has miracle in it, triggers my "bullshit marketing tactic" alarm.
>>
>>7327442
Taste like shit and made me vomit the first time I tried it. Never again. These days I make my own or buy store bought mayo.
>>
Wow, bunch of uncultured plebs here.
>>
>>7327467
>I distinctly recall saying "Please, no trolling."
You're either new or you forgot where you are.

BTW, It's a disgusting product.
>>
File: Mayo.jpg (239 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
Mayo.jpg
239 KB, 1280x850
Miracle whip is disgusting.
>>
>>7327500
so is that fucked up freak
>>
>>7327509
Fuck you, go shill your shitting sweet vinegar cum sauce somewhere else you assblasted retard. Fucking Heinz Salad Cream rapes it anyway, and I'm American.
>>
>>7327442
Miracle whip =\= mayo
You cannot compare the two.
Both are good on sandwiches, but I would not put mayo on a salad.
>>
>>7327533
Forgot to add, knockoffs are called "whipped salad dressing" or some variation. The HEB brand one is alright. If I can afford the extra dollar I buy kraft though
>>
>>7327540
HEB is the best grocer ever. If it weren't for all the filthy spics that shop there, I wouldn't leave.
>>
>>7327467
>>7327463
Western Australia
>>
fuck you all miracle whip is great for what its advertised as.... DRESSING

its not for sandwiches and dips or shit like that

its for fuckin salads. potato salad is not potato salad if u dont use miracle whip.
>>
>>7327467
>no trolling
>trolls himself
what an idiot
>>
File: 1326508088036.jpg (8 KB, 270x271) Image search: [Google]
1326508088036.jpg
8 KB, 270x271
>>7327616
I'm not from the US, but do you really not use mayo in potato salad? What the shit?
>>
I do use miracle whip, no knocks offs for me. I'm a brand sloot

Delicious on a couple things but I don't often use it. Mayonnaise is far superior in its usefulness. Had no idea how many things were made with mayonnaise until after working in a kitchen. Try making crab cakes, tartar sauce, or yum yum with miracle whip. Not gonna work
>>
>>7327633
what other liquid does one use for potato salad? mustard only? you some kind of caveman?
>>
File: Disgust.gif (905 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
Disgust.gif
905 KB, 240x228
>He eats salads
>>
>>7327643
Mayonnaise and wholegrain mustard, like just about every other recipe I've ever seen (mustard may differ). What the hell is Miracle whip that lets you sub it for mayonnaise?
>>
>>7327519
>faggot grimes fan calls others assblasted while being that assblasted someone called his ugly "waifu" a shit
>>
>>7327649
miracle whip is like mayonaise but with a lot of sugar and more vinegar sourness
>>
>>7327658
... and it tastes like shit*

fixed for you
>>
>>7327649
Its slightly sweetened, tangy mayo. More akin to a salad dressing
>>
File: 1282049236310.jpg (6 KB, 251x239) Image search: [Google]
1282049236310.jpg
6 KB, 251x239
>>7327633

>>7327666
>>7327658

Just looked it up,

>High fructose corn syrup

Should have guessed.
>>
>>7327633

no you use miracle whip. mayo potato salad is for faggots.

miracle whip, deli mustard, celery, onion, sweet relish, garlic, lawrys, black pepper, hard boiled eggs, potato. bacon if u fancy. shredded cheddar if u super fancy.
>>
>>7327672
Maybe nowadays. It was invented In the 1930s to be a cheaper alternative for mayo. It uses less oil somehow
>>
>>7327672

poo in the loo
>>
>>7327694
Mayo / mustard / egg / potato / bacon / spring + red onion / dill / pepper master race. Get out of here with that cheese shit.
>>
>>7327694
I was onboard until you said relish. I fucking HATE relish in potato salad or pasta salad. Completely ruins it for me. Some people like it, I get it, but I just can't stomach that shit.

Pro-tip: if you like olives do a 50/50 rough chop mix of black and queen in your potato salad. So. Fuckin. Good.
>>
>>7327500
man grimes looks amazing when she's all doll'd up. Not so much here.
>>
>>7327712
thats what her ugly ass will look like all the time when the camera, lighting guy and make up crew isn't on her
>>
>>7327706

>olives

get the fuck out italy.

i can understand nixing the relish or going a pure dill standpoint (the acidity is necessary in some fashion) but fuckin olives cmon man.
>>
>>7327704

idk cheese can be pretty nice sometimes. i nice phat sharp cheddar... i prefer a box grater because you can get a big long shred instead of those pussy strings and shit off a little hand rasp.
>>
>>7327719
It's the way grams always made it so I assume that's where I picked it up from as a child.

To clarify I would Not put cheese in my tater salad either. Have had it like that before. No Bueno.

Also the only time I find relish necessary and appreciated is in ham salad or tartar sauce.
>>
honestly, we get whatever is on sale/cheaper and use it on whatever we use the other stuff on.

Right now it's some offbrand..wait, it's actually State Fair Salad Dressing.

We use it on our baked potatoes, salads, put it on our burgers, 'special sauce' for fries, corn on the cob, whatever people normally use mayo on. Sometimes MW brand is as cheap on sale but not often. Salad Dressing/Mayo is perfectly interchangeable, it's the same damn thing.
>>
>>7327739
It's not the same thing at all. Miracle Whip has more sugar and vinegar.
>>
>>7327739
Also, who the fuck eats at a place that puts Miracle Whip on burgers? Are you serious?
>>
>>7327739
Wait wot

Mayo and MW are more often than not not interchangeable. Unless I misread which is possible

Also itt people have said they actually put mayonnaise/mw on a salad? I have literally never heard of or seen that before in my life. Nearly 30 and have been in the food industry for 10+ years. How does that even work? Salad dressing is pourable where as mayo is thick, not at all like a normal salad dressing.
>>
>>7327747
>implying you don't eat your burgers with that tangy zip

To each their own but I can enjoy a burger with mayo or mw. It's all good
>>
>>7327747
mayo is a staple on burgers, often used when the standard ketchup/mustard combo is not used. Ketchup/mayo though is wildly popular as well, especially since a lot of people combine the 2 for fry dipping sauce.
>>
>>7327750
You just throw a spoonful on top of the salad, and then stir the salad up as usual. Just goes on top like the rest and mixed in. End up with a consistency similar to pic related, with it spread out across everything in the salad.
>>
>>7327760
Weird. Live and learn.
>>
Whip all the way baby
>>
Miracle Whip is a meme version of mayonnaise.

I like it once and a while as a change of pace but it will never replace mayo.
>>
File: 8068043.jpg (55 KB, 991x902) Image search: [Google]
8068043.jpg
55 KB, 991x902
>>7327442
>Miracle Wipe
>>
Tried it and it's disgusting. It's like mayo but someone threw in a shitload of sugar and lemon juice or something. Whatever it is, I think it's revolting.
>>
I put Miracle Whip on my dick and have my lizard walk all over it so his footprints have Miracle Whip surrounding them. That and I get to have a lizard walk on my dick.
>>
Hey fuck you OP. And don't act entitled.

I don't care for miracle whoop, but I use it on BLTs. Those sammiches absolutely need a condiment, but mayo is too oily and it drowns the subtle flavors. It's the same with salads.
>>
>>7327467
No ones trolling.
We're giving you advice on miracle wipe.
>>
>>7327658
They're both white. That's about all they have in common.
>>
>>7327442
I keep a small jar it lasts forever.

Mostly good for some cold salads and substitute in baking

As far as purchase whatever is cheapest
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.