[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Eggs are not meat >Fish is not meat I want this meme to die.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 9
File: vitamin-d-2.jpg (35 KB, 630x400) Image search: [Google]
vitamin-d-2.jpg
35 KB, 630x400
>Eggs are not meat
>Fish is not meat
I want this meme to die.
>>
>OP is not a faggot
I want this meme to die.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
Is cheese meat?
>>
>>7327345
DUDE VEGAN LMAO
>>
>>7327365
It's not part of a living thing....but it does contain a culture of living things, so debatable.
>>
>>7327377
By that logic bread could be meat. You need stricter rules.
>>
>>7327377
Yogurt is meat
>>
The flesh of plants is their meat.
Nuts and seeds are the unborn children of plants.
Fruits are the ovaries of plants, dripping with reproductive organ juices.
Bread is full of the dead bodies of tiny unicellular creatures that swim around happily before you kill and eat them in huge airy cakes .
Every time you breathe pollen, you're inhaling the sperm of trees who are cumblasting everything in sight with jizz.
Your body is teeming with living bacteria, inside and out. You are constantly eating, drinking and shitting these small little creatures while they seethe all over you.
All of the dust in your house is the dead skin and shit of dust mites. These little animals eat pieces of you every day, and you eat them and their shit which was formerly of pieces of you.
None of these creatures want to die. They have evolved every tactic they can to try to live, despite the fact that you kill and eat them.
You are not above or separate from this intricate and disgusting web of life. You are squarley in the middle of it, and always will be. And this is totally fine and natural.
>>
>>7328841
And might I add, if you do figure out a way to completely opt out of this big, dirty, slithering mess of being alive, all the other living things inside you, upon you and around you will not care. They will eat you, turn you into shit, and plants will eat the shitty, rotted essence of you. Business as usual. Toughen up, Buttercup.
>>
Not a big deal, but it does kinda bug me that fish is not considered meat. I don't get it.
>>
>>7327345
Then don't make a fucking thread about it.
FFS don't even reply to anyone that says anything about it. They'll go away
>>
File: 48303957_p0.png (833 KB, 1189x1458) Image search: [Google]
48303957_p0.png
833 KB, 1189x1458
>>7327345
Fish is definitely meat, you eat the muscle of an animal.

Egg is just baby batter not yet formed into an animal.
>>
>>7328853
>it does kinda bug me that fish is not considered meat
Good thing that's basically the equivalent of saying "it does kinda bug me that Earth is not considered round" because a retarded rapper on Twitter believes it.

The only people who "don't consider fish meat" are retards who want to eat fish but pretend they're vegetarian for some reason.
>>
for me, fish is not meat because that would change the distinct meaning of the word. fish is clearly an intelligent animal, no discussion there, but if you are keep fucking with words, you also make yourself dumber and less able to talk and think about stuff. intelligence is all about learning new words with distinct meanings and use them correctly.
>>
>>7329054
sorry not my mothertongue

lets say a living thing instead of intelligent animal. you see how words clear up things?
>>
>>7329054
the fuck are you memeing about?
>>
>>7329054
Great post.
>>
File: rickyy.jpg (12 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
rickyy.jpg
12 KB, 256x192
>>7329054
Is that you, Ricky?
>>
>>7329054
I agree, it's like gorilla see, gorilla do. it doesn't take rocket appliances.
>>
>>7328980
is shit meat?
>>
IT ALL HAS PROTEIN
>>
>>7329076
My name is Ricky and posts about this character always freak me out for a second.
>>
>>7329107
I feel that way when I see or hear my name, no matter the context.
>>
Eggs are not meat, in the same way blood is not meat. Egg is fucking liquid, unless you're eating the goddamn shell.
Meat is solid, no matter how you look at it.

Fish is totally meat though.
>>
>>7329054
>Meat
>Food
>Meat is animal flesh that is eaten as food

kill fish, eat flesh. fish is meat

eggs are not meat, but they are animal products known as dairy.
>>
>>7329149
fish is seafood. not meat.
>>
File: 1446495281363.png (17 KB, 210x215) Image search: [Google]
1446495281363.png
17 KB, 210x215
>>7328841
underrated post
>>
>>7329171
you are eating muscular tissue that gets cooked. its meat AND seafood, just like beef, crab, clams and lobster. if you lie to yourself because of religion then... well i guess thats not surprising huh
>>
>>7329163
Eggs are not dairy, they are chicken periods.
>>
>>7329163
>egg is dairy
Zozzling pretty hard right now t.b.h f.a.m.
>>
>>7329185
It was rated perfectly, stupid mong.
>>
>>7327377
That's silly. By that definition, Indians are living beings.
>>
If eggs arent' meat than neither is veal.
>>
>>7328847
Well I'm only going to ear tires from now on
>>
>>7329163
This was almost a good answer until you fucked it right up.
>>
>>7329012
No, it's a religious thing. Specifically, in the ancient/medieval mediterranean, fish was cheap and land meat was expensive, so fish was for poor people and land meat was a luxury you had to give up for lent.
>>
If you define meat as a product that comes from an animal, then eggs (and milk, for that matter) are meat. If you define meat as something that was once living, eggs don't count unless fertilized and sufficiently developed (like balut).

Fish is always meat, the only reason to distinguish it as "not meat" is that it's a different consistency and from a different source. It's like distinguishing between meat from mammals and meat from birds.
>>
>>7330821
>based anon
>>
>>7330109
That's just what people post to drum up interest when they didn't get enough upvotes on their previous post.
>>
>>7330237
>rubber
do I have some news for you
>>
if eggs aren't meat then are fish eggs meat?
>>
>>7327345
meat = muscle tissue

so
eggs =/= meat
fish = meat
>>
>>7329012
>The only people who "don't consider fish meat" are retards who want to eat fish but pretend they're vegetarian for some reason.

Nah the chefs at culinary school would all specifically say either, "meat" "fish" or "poultry". But nice unprovoked autistic rant.
>>
Egg > chick > chicken
cow embryo > calf > cow

>eggs are same as veal!

Analogies aren't your strong suit senpai
>>
>>7331777
Meant for
>>7330147
>>
>>7329012
Sounds like they're pescatarian, is it really that uncommon of a word?
>>
>>7327345
Eggs and milk aren't flesh, so they aren't meat. Fish is meat though.
>>
>>7327377
Meat is not defined as living things. Bacteria and yeast aren't meat. Sprouted seeds aren't meat. Eggs were never alive and are not meat. They're a kind of excretion from chickens, kind of like milk from a cow. I agree with you about fish but this is a losing battle because the culinary world makes a lot of arbitrary distinctions: like how we call tomatoes and eggplants vegetables even though they are fruits.
>>
>>7331770
i attend culinary arts classes and youre a retard
>>
>>7331897
> I agree with you about fish but this is a losing battle because the culinary world makes a lot of arbitrary distinctions: like how we call tomatoes and eggplants vegetables even though they are fruits.

More irritating, in my view, is poultry. "Meat and poultry" - no, fuck off, poultry is a type of meat by any sane standards, it's not a whole separate classification and you can't make me pretend otherwise.
>>
>>7327382
>bread
vegan logic: yeast is a living thing so they wont eat it. Strict ones I mean
>>
Beef, pork, poultry and seafood are all distinct things but they're all meat.
Eggs are poultry but they're not meat unless they're fertalized.
Things are /only/ dairy if they started off as milk or contain high levels of milk products.
>>
>>7332666
Poultry has a different texture, different cooking methods, different cooking times, and a different "danger zone" from beef. These distinctions are purely culinary, and are made for culinary purposes, and you'd know that if you've ever worked in literally any kind of a kitchen, even a fast food joint.
>>
>>7327345
I'll bite. If you think eggs are meat, is abortion wrong? What about wasting human eggs and birth control? As eggs are basically chicken periods, is it wrong if a woman menstruates instead of having a child? Is it murder?
>>
>>7330147
Veal is born, eggs are not. Eggs aren't usually even fertilized.
>>
>>7332666

You seem to think that "meat" means "flesh". It's more specific than that. It means the flesh of land animals.

It makes perfect sense (from a culinary perspective) to use different terms for poultry and fish as they are very different from the standpoint of flavor, cooking details, and allergies.
>>
meat
mēt/Submit
noun
the flesh of an animal (especially a mammal) as food.
>>
>>7332764
I'm not OP, but, Yes abortion is murder but that doesn't mean murder is always bad.
>>
>>7332846
Interesting opinion, thank you anon.
>>
>>7332764
Would you eat a Chicken's Egg?
Would you eat a human woman's menstration?
Oh, what's that? The two aren't comparable you say?
>>
>>7332764
How could abortion be murder when life doesn't start at conception, but only a couple weeks later when the fucking thing learns a brain? and then, you even have no memories before a year or so. You can have late term post-birth abortions and it shouldn't qualify as murder except in very specific cases, not a blanket law type thing
>>
File: 14755_28_08_12_1_48_03_8246954.jpg (317 KB, 1701x1375) Image search: [Google]
14755_28_08_12_1_48_03_8246954.jpg
317 KB, 1701x1375
Alright time to clear this for the kids that didn't do biology

Eggs are literally organ cells (specifically the reproductive apparatus) of a chicken. It has virtually the same similar nutritional profile to flesh.

If you went gnawing an animal bone and eating the marrow you wouldn't say "I'm a vegetarian cause it ain't flesh". It's still animal cells.

To all intents and purposes eggs are meat, it doesn't fucking matter if the chicken can survive without it.

Now go enjoy your meaty meaty eggs
>>
>>7327365

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm-CTqynZ8o

Listen and learn my friend.
>>
>>7332764
OP here.
My point is not that eating eggs is bad, I'm not one of those bleeding heart vegetarians who are afraid to hurt animals. I just think refusing to call eggs meat is stupid. Eggs serve the purpose of being eaten by humans to provide high levels of protein and they come from an animal. Anything other than that is just overthinking things.
>>
>>7332964

>bones are meat!!
>>
Eggs and milk are living breathing things and basically eating an egg is aborting a child chicken in your mouth
>>
>>7333004

It's more like eating chicken periods.
>>
>>7332981
How can anyone be this retarded?
>>
>>7333022

I dunno man, it's scary to think someone is retarded enough to think high protein + from animal = meat
>>
>>7332964
>I just think refusing to call eggs meat is stupid

Why? Isn't it obvious that meat refers to flesh specifically, and other animal products have other names?
>>
>>7333028
Do vegetarians eat bone marrow? No you fucking idiot.

Dietary meat means the cells of animals, not just the muscular tissue you goddamn cretin.
>>
>>7332931

this is a nice bait. Does it mean that bread is meat?
>>
>>7333102

they don't eat bone marrow because it comes from an animal that had to be killed to get that product, you fucking retard
>>
>>7332699
Then mushrooms and plants are off the table too since they're just as living as yeast.
>>
Is balut meat?
>>
>>7333122
Are you so dense you can't see that eating eggs, flesh and bones is as superficial as eating lab-grown meat vs grass fed meat.

From a dietary point of view it's the same shit, animal cells in different forms.

Nobody is talking about saving the fucking animals, you can easily tear a chickens wing off and fry it up without killing it the animal. Do veggies eat that?
>>
>Eggs are not meat

They aren't. You're eating protein, but it never actually made a living thing, ergo not meat.

>Fish is not meat

Only for pescetarians, it makes them feel better that they're eating something with a face because it's less like us.
>>
>>7332699
No vegans exclude bread unless they are as mentally deficient as you because they know that yeast is a fungus and (once) living things make up 99% of all essential nutrition
>>
>>7333263

no because it also results on the suffering of the animal, holy shit, you're fucking retarded, if you don't know what the fuck you're talking about just fuck off
>>
>>7328853
"its alright to eat the fish 'cause they don't have any feelings"

the wise words of a great man
>>
>>7328853
More or less that it's okay to eat an animal if it's not a mammal.

In some fairness, there is a fairly strong intelligence correlation there, so if you feel like fish are sufficiently inferior to be acceptable to eat it makes sense,.
>>
>>7333284
Vegetarian = excludes animals from their diet. Why do you keep spewing "animal suffering", that has nothing to do with vegetarian diet
>>
>>7333263
>>7333284
Shitposting aside, in vitro meat is a hot topic amongst PETA members and other animal rights activists. The morality of meat vs the nature of it is a hotly debated nuance even amongst the broad banner of vegetarianism/veganism.
>>
>>7333309

if you're not a vegetarian because of the animal suffering then why the fuck would you be a vegetarian?
>>
>>7333335
>>7333331
Cutting meat (when possible) is one of the easiest ways to improve your health/lifespan. Why do you think so many Japanese and Mediterranean islanders are largely vegetarian? Hint: it's not cause they're in PETA.
>>
>>7333309

people often exclude meat from their diet for ethical reasons
so it has everything to do with animal suffering
>>
>>7327377
>>7327382
>>7328694
Is beer meat?
>>
>>7333384

> japan
> meditteranean islanders

farming is difficult there and there is water all around
so it's motivated by the availability of food sources
>>
>>7333384

>largely

keyword, retard
>>
>>7333405
No it doesn't. There is a huge disparity between the food you choose to eat and the reasons you do it. Caring about animals is incidental to some vegetarians, it isn't the definition of it.

>>7333409
>>7333410
The oldest traditions of vegetarianism come from wanting to get rid of "carnal desire" (which literally means flesh) and minimising what yoy eat.

I can assure you there's no shortage of meat there, it is purely by choice
>>
>>7327377
>vegetables are meat
>>
>>7333384
What does that have to do with anything? India has a vegetarian population of around 33-40% and has a life expectancy of 62.
>>
eggs are protein but they are not meat
>>
Eggs aren't meat.

You may very well have a moral objection to eating eggs, but if you're doing so on the understanding that eggs are meat, you are fucking retarded, please kill yourself.
>>
>>7333921
>your mom is meat
>>
File: Tori-Amos-Boys-.jpg (44 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Tori-Amos-Boys-.jpg
44 KB, 600x400
>>7334285

Sometimes you're nothing but meat.
>>
File: 1427038066547.jpg (283 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1427038066547.jpg
283 KB, 1080x1920
>>7328841

/thread
>>
>>7332964
They aren't exactly developed enough. Meat usually implies muscle. There's just a fetus that'd rot otherwise in an egg. I isn't capable of living.
Milk is completely different. I didn't eat my mother's meat when I drank her breastmilk, I drank her milk. This is just the definitions we have for things. You may have a deep philosophical reason for why we should categorize them differently but we just don't and that is not going to change anytime soon. This has been the standard ever since we started eating meat, drinking milk and eating eggs, it's as simple as that.
>>
>>7332878
I'd eat a chicken's egg but not a human woman's menstruated tissue because eggs are delicious and clean whereas menstrual blood
is just chunkier blood and doesn't taste good.
They are relatively comparable in my opinion. Also, whereas chicken periods come out neat in a packet, women have them much messier
and all over and it's just not nice at all.
I also have a particular dislike towards anything to do with gynecololgy , especially when it comes to humans, and thus the thought of it
puts me off as well. I wouldn't mind eating human flesh but human periods - nah.
>>
>>7331897
Did you just call an embryo an excretion? Try telling that to the anti abortion people. You people just make shit up because you're too lazy to be real vegans. Not that I think its a good idea either way.
>>
>>7332161
Damn you caught me, I came to this thread just to tell lies.
>>
>>7334352
i love tori so much.
>>
>>7332878
>>7334444

the two aren't comparable

a chicken egg is an egg
menstrual blood is the shed lining of the uterus where the egg *was* going to attach itself but since it didn't, the uterus is like "fine fuck it" and tears the carpet out of the room and flushes it down the toilet

if you really wanted to find a human equivalent of a chicken egg, you should consider it a portable womb. so would you eat a woman's uterus? full or empty, doesn't matter, since most eggs that humans consume are either infertile (because hens will lay regardless of whether or not a rooster is present, no sperm = no babies obv) or dead because they were never incubated after being fertilized

there are exceptions of course, you do find developed chicks accidentally (also shit like balut)

and at that point i'd consider them meat

anyway you guys are dumb
>>
>>7331770
That's because they are only concerned with flavor. They are not dieticians or biologists.
>>
>>7333407
No, beer is bread.
>>
>>7329012
Flat earther's fo life niggah. Fight the reptilians do not give into their games.
>>
>>7334527
Not the point. The comment was that the ~only~ people who make that distinction are retarded vegetarians and I just said, "no it's also a distinction made in culinary arts"
>>
>>7333384
Are there people who eat meat without cutting it first?
>>
>>7334529
but bread is meat. Therefore

beer = bread = meat
>>
>>7334285
Why yes, yes she is.
>>
>>7334635
Most wolves. And quite frankly if they can raise human children they might as well be people.
>>
Well there's no muscle fiber in eggs from what I know. And I think they categorize meats into what they come from, pork, beef, poultry and fish.

Should just be named protein group
>>
>>7334285
Your mom ate my meat last night
>>
>>7334636
a real holy trinity for the white people
>>
>>7334452
The eggs we eat are basically chicken periods. Fuck you for making me bite.
>>
>>7328980
The eggs that you eat are unfertilized.

They are not babies or embryos or potential anything. They are a chicken's period. That is all.
>>
>>7327345
eggs are not meat
fish is meat
not a hard concept
>>
>>7331845
Pescetarian doesn't sound as cool as vegetarian :^)
>>
>>7329054
>fish is clearly an intelligent animal
Fish are as dumb as they come
>>
>>7333116
Nah, bread has plant in it. and bacteria.
>>
>>7336506
They're both peskytarians
>>
File: 1412586305007.gif (373 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1412586305007.gif
373 KB, 500x375
>I'm a vegetarian but I eat fish
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.