[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, first time posting in /ck/ So I was a shit kid when I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 1356152225200.jpg (100 KB, 597x800) Image search: [Google]
1356152225200.jpg
100 KB, 597x800
Hey, first time posting in /ck/

So I was a shit kid when I was younger and I ate kid food and basic shit (literally went a couple months eating nothing but saltines, basically) and now I would like to turn around, but certain textures and flavors are still pushing me away from expanding my pallete

What sort of introductory foods would /ck/ recommend for someone who finds a lot of food bad just because he dislikes a certain texture?
>>
>>7327053
Anything buffalo
>>
>>7327053
What kind of texture(s) do you dislike? What kind of things do you enjoy eating?
>>
>>7327053
Make as many different types of food as you can
Force yourself to eat all the food you make, unless it's uncooked and dangerous to eat
eating your mistakes will help you appreciate foods when they are cooked correctly
>>
File: 1345172680838.png (471 KB, 1037x933) Image search: [Google]
1345172680838.png
471 KB, 1037x933
>>7327066
My biggest one is creamy. Having whip cream in my mouth, even if it's on top of something, literally makes me gag and I can't get it down. That goes for shit like dips, salsas, and the like. I can't even stand cheese sometimes if it's a certain type getting melted to the point where it's 2creamy4me

When it comes to things I enjoy eating, usually crunchy or chewy things. Flavorwise I prefer salty or savory, and I really enjoy spicy foods.
>>
>>7327074
Do you like soup? If so, maybe make or order a creamy or puréed soup. It'll be a lot less thick than say whipped cream and might help you get over that aversion. Plus it'll be savory rather than sweet generally. This is just a guess though, my parents were of the 'you don't have to eat what we made you but you're not getting anything else' camp so I ate most everything even as a kid.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 600x600
>>7327053
what happened to you as a kid that creamy things in your mouth make you gag?
>>
>>7327074
I have this too, but for mealy things like nuts and rice.
I've come around to rice, but I don't think I'll ever like nuts of any kind.
>tfw I love banana, but whenever it's in muffins, bread, ice cream, etc it's stuffed with fucking walnuts
>>
File: 1313475314774.jpg (53 KB, 355x400) Image search: [Google]
1313475314774.jpg
53 KB, 355x400
>>7327106
Shut up Freud
>>7327114
I love mealy stuff, it's probably one of my more enjoyed textures
>>
>>7327119
I would never trade you - I fucking love mashed potatoes; the creamier the better.
Fuck yeah.
>>
File: through_the_eyes_of_a_cuck.webm (866 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
through_the_eyes_of_a_cuck.webm
866 KB, 1280x720
>>7327053
That's what you get for being a walking shitbag as a kid.

Just grow the fuck up and start eating what other people eat. Don't start with the "strong" stuff, work your way up. Even though, judging by OP, even a boiled potato would be considered unusual. So just go ahead and stick to tendies and fries.
>>
Eat something you hate, then eat it again two days later. Repeat until you like it
>>
every time I feel bad about being a picky eater who doesn't like vegetables or fish I see stuff like this and feel better about myself. seriously though fuck your bitter, sulfur tasting shit.

>you just don't know how to cook it right
I bet you could make a dog turd edible if you put enough seasoned butter on it, but that doesn't mean it's good food.
>>
>>7327074
Try some fancy ramen m8. Like the pork broth stuff they sell, it gets so saturated with fat that it's basically creamy, but it's loaded with meat and spicyness and just salty goodness. Might get you to try stuff with that sort of texture
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.