[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you have a habit of judging people based on what's inside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 14
File: 1264.jpg (66 KB, 444x502) Image search: [Google]
1264.jpg
66 KB, 444x502
do you have a habit of judging people based on what's inside their shopping cart?
>>
I try not to, but yes. Mostly because they always ask what pills I have in the little white bag I got the the pharmacy.

>Oh, what are you on?

>Prozac, _pause_ heh, wow that's a lot of coke!

I'm not mean about it, and most of the time I end up enjoying the conversation.
>>
I don't give a fuck. Just get outta my way, grandma.
>>
>>7325872
Only when they pull out their food card
>>
File: we_just_don't_know.gif (998 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
we_just_don't_know.gif
998 KB, 250x251
>>7325886
People ask you what you got at the pharmacy? That's incredibly rude. Who does things like this?
>>
>>7325908
Same anon, you'd be surprised. Most of the time its 40-something women.
>>
I saw a guy that had a shopping cart full of 24 packs of all different sodas and nothing else. He paid with his food stamp card.

Only in America.
>>
File: steel_beams.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
steel_beams.gif
3 MB, 200x150
I once had a black guy in front of me in line in a shitty NYC grocery store buy like 30 packs of butter. What did he do with them?
>>
Yeah. It stemmed from my ma telling me who's going to be blackout drunk due to their shopping cart or whether or not they're having a party or whether or not they're Jewish and etc. etc..
>>
File: 1411775798786.jpg (21 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
1411775798786.jpg
21 KB, 400x396
>>7325959
>BOBBY LOOK AT THAT FUCKING ALKIE KIKE OVER THERE BY THE KOSHER SECTION
>>
I don't give a fuck. I just burn through the store AFAP. I once killed a man for blocking my path. As the last droplets of his worthless life ran through my fingers on their way to eternal hell I took pity and told his dying husk that I had killed for less before. It was a lie.
>>
File: 1454208081481.jpg (112 KB, 772x817) Image search: [Google]
1454208081481.jpg
112 KB, 772x817
>>7325996
>>
>>7325872
I can't help it. I don't look down on a few 'goodies' in the basket or a small purchase of a couple of items. However, when it is apparent that someone is shopping for the week and has nothing but chips, sugar water, snacks, and hamburger meat in their cart it's hard not to judge. Veggies are awesome. I think most people would like them if they gave them a chance.
>>
>>7325908
>>7325914
soccer moms trade pills like crazy, they eat xanax and klonopin like candy
>>
>>7325872
A habit? No, sometimes, yes.
>>
I was so proud when I started cooking for myself and stopped buying frozen pizzas and readymeals. I was no longer ashamed of my cart and stopped using the self-service checkout, started going to a human-operated one instead.
>>
>>7325872
No, because its none of my god damn business.
>>
>>7325922
When I was a cashier at a grocery I would see this anytime there was a good sale, usually by the same asian guy who also had a ton of empty boxes in the cart as well. I just figured he worked for a chinese food joint.
>>
>>7325872
No, but I do like to observe. Most people buy the same shit. Some people's carts are more interesting, and it's fun to imagine what they're like based on what they buy.

For practical purposes, quick scanning of what and how much is in people's carts helps me choose which checkout line to stand in. I've learned to never get in line behind people with 30 different non-barcoded produce items, or old ladies with carts full of random cans (it's going to be a coupon hunt in her purse for every other item).
>>
File: 1442751351951.png (298 KB, 388x397) Image search: [Google]
1442751351951.png
298 KB, 388x397
>30 something year old couple in front of me at the cash register
>maybe one standard size plastic bag worth of premade stuff
>their total is like 50 bucks
>check out
>one big-ass /out/ backpack full of food
>about 40 bucks

It's hard not to judge sometimes.
>>
>>7328185
I can easily drop $50 on a standard size plastic bag, and it's all good quality food (local grass fed beef, eggs from pastured birds, biodynamic yogurt, etc)

I can't imagine actually shopping at stores where you run into people like that. It's hard not to judge sometimes.
>>
>>7328189
Sure, I'm not judging based on total and quantity alone. More power to you if you're not poor as shit like me and can afford genuinely great food, but seeing people who blow this kind of money on premade sandwiches because they can't cook is pretty depressing.
>>
>>7328189
>biodynamic yogurt
does it come alive if you leave it in the fridge for too long?
>>
>>7325872
I like to look into other people's shopping carts and try to guess what are their eating habits
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 750x600
>>7327262
I was behind an obese woman at a checkout a few weeks ago. She had her kid with her and the kid was really overweight too.

Everything in the cart was junk food, cases of soda, candy, etc. normally I don't care but it was hard not to get judgy. It's not fair what she's doing to that kid.
>>
File: 1425229737134.gif (454 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1425229737134.gif
454 KB, 250x188
>always keep a supply of "lazy" food at my house for when I'm too tired to cook
>every once in a while, have to run out and restock
>shamefully go through checkout with cart full of frozen pizzas, microwave burritos, and Kraft mac and cheese

Don't judge.
>>
>>7325886
>Mostly because they always ask what pills I have in the little white bag I got the the pharmacy.

What sort of asshole place do you live in that people actually ask you this? That's incredibly intrusive.
>>
i like to talk to old ladies about stuff they're buying.. they know some shit
>>
>>7327262
There is literally nothing wrong with ground beef, sperg lord.
>>
>>7328398
Why you hatin'? You think you know how to raise a kid better than someone who has one?
>>
I look at what people buy when standing in the checkout as a way to pass time.

One time a guy commented on the cookies I bought. He said "you got all this healthy food and then a big thing of cookies!" I said "there's a reason I eat healthy - I like sweets so I've gotta balance it out"

Don't know why that seemed weird to him. It's not like people ONLY eat healthy or ONLY eat junk.
>>
I used to, but it got boring. The stereotypes are just too easy and the fatties piss me off.
>>
>>7328205
>What is yoghurt?
>>
>>7325936
You need a lot of butter for mac and cheese.
>>
>>7328635
I really don't know desu
apart from the milk stuff
>>
>>7328189
>good quality
>local grass fed

Expensive does not mean good.
>>
File: 1453363529291.png (289 KB, 435x438) Image search: [Google]
1453363529291.png
289 KB, 435x438
>>7328587
>guy comments on your cookies

He was probably just lonely, senpai.
>>
>>7328420

Why would anyone judge? Some people work a lot and, like you said, are tired. There is nothing wrong with eating frozen foods.

They are cheap and provide sustenance.
>>
>>7325936
once i saw 4 black business men buying a ton of lube and condoms and an orange
>>
>>7328587
>Don't know why that seemed weird to him. It's not like people ONLY eat healthy or ONLY eat junk.
I get the same thing if I get a big greasy burger and large fries but decide I want a diet coke.
I don't mind the taste of the coke and it's 300 calories less than if I get the giant sugar water.

It's like these idiots think that you should just throw your hands up or something and decide "fuck it, it's a lot of calories, might as well go all the way".

And no, I'm not a fatass.
>>
I dont, generally I never look into others baskets. Only if they're blocking me anyway.

I get the feeling people judge me since I have a habit of buying food stuffs for only a couple days in a row since I use a mini-fridge and am an alcoholic. So they'll usually see cheap booze, soda, cereal and maybe frozen burritos

I think the cashiers judge me more than random folks though.
>>
It's more that I want to know what is happening in their lives if their trolley looks strange to me. Like the other day this man had about 60 rolls of toilet paper and 12 loaves of bread, nothing else.
>>
No, I don't care what other people do or buy. I'm only looking for what I am there to get.
>>
>>7328570
I know how to not give them childhood diabetes.
>>
>>7328198
You gonna roast a turkey just for sandwiches? I sure as fuck am not.
>>
>>7328948
>implying you have to buy the whole bird
In what third world shithole do you live
>>
>>7328804
Cashiers don't give a fuck anon. Trust me. If you are easy to deal with they are happy to have you in their line.
>>
>>7328954
A world where is is easier to get low sodium turkey breastfeeding sliced to the thickness I want for $8 a pound, no cooking required for lunch.

You save money by making condiments and cheese from scratch too hotshot?

It is a sandwich, not a fucking restaurant quality dinner for 4. Quit bragging on the Internet you don't buy deli sliced meat for sandwiches. You aren't Amish Jebediah.
>>
>>7325886
Who asks you this, store employees or just weird people in line? If it's store employees, you should file a legitimate complaint.
>>
>>7328975
>Quit bragging on the Internet you don't buy deli sliced meat for sandwiches.
I don't remember having done this.
>>
>>7328804
Cashier here, I don't give a fuck unless you're buying a ton of red bull and candy with food stamps
>>
>>7328916
This. I wouldn't say judge, but I'm curious what other people buy and I try to imagine how they live. I like seeing what families buy in particular. Sometimes I see something that looks nice and make a note to get that thing next time, too.
>>
>>7328985
Follow the replies.

You will get there eventually.
>>
File: watch.jpg (130 KB, 641x567) Image search: [Google]
watch.jpg
130 KB, 641x567
>>7325872

>skin color
>manner of dress
>dialect
>EBT card for the bonus round.

The nice thing about my Seecamp. Its small and when I need to, I can grab the pistol in the pocket and I'm ready to go..
>>
>>7327594
That's such an uplifting story. I'm very proud of you anon.
>>
File: facepalm-jewish.jpg (55 KB, 563x339) Image search: [Google]
facepalm-jewish.jpg
55 KB, 563x339
>>7329055
>he bought a tag
>>
File: books n shit.jpg (55 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
books n shit.jpg
55 KB, 612x816
>>7329061

that's not OC my patriotic anon friend.. This one is though. Mine is .32 not 380, but they are both the same size.
>>
>>7329079
Well as long as you are not unironically wearing a TAG I guess it's ok
>>
>>7328672
He was with his girlfriend. He just seemed like one of those really outgoing and social dudes. I would expect chatting at the checkout where I grew up, but I now live in a state where people scowl at you if you smile at them in passing.
>>
File: 1454276856079.jpg (80 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1454276856079.jpg
80 KB, 800x533
>at the store checkout
>person behind me has like 8 apple juice bottles
>thats it
>>
>>7330549
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlZDtPVzOwA
>>
>>7328587
You fool. That was the perfect opportunity to start singing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH9IO6iMO78
>>
>>7329055

is dat sum seecamp on muh /ck/?

mighty fine taste you have, sir and or gentlelady
>>
>>7329079

the day /c/k/ happened. be still my heart

>and it wasn't a nuggeteer cheer retard asspie but someone with actual taste
>>
The only thing I have to try not laugh at is people buying condoms at the supermarket.

I don't know why because it's really not that weird, but just having a box of condoms sitting on the conveyor belt next to your yogurt is funny especially when both people from the relationship are there.

Just buy em at CVS or wherever.

#puritanamericanprobs
>>
I remember once, I was with my brother at Walmart. We bought a pack of condoms, lube, kids clothes, NYQuil, Ice cream, a paint spray, Dr. Pepper, and a notebook.

The cashier was like wtf is going on. He was a cool dude. He kept asking us if the kids' clothes were in our carts. then he asked about the paint spray. I was laughing. when we finished the checkout. He said he was curious why we bought this unrelated stuff at once. I told him I am gonna get back with my ex, kids' clothes are for her kid, and lube, condoms and paint spray are for her. My brother told him that My ex loves to get her ass painted. We laughed then the guy said is this for real. We told him nah. kids' clothes were a gift to a friend's kid. lube and condoms you know. and the other are some daily stuff.
>>
>>7325936
Maybe it was for that video of the fat chick trying to dance on butter? I would link it but I'm posting from my phone
>>
>>7329029
>premade sandwich buyer detected
Really though, try to depressurize your butt every now and then, it shouldn't get blasted so easily. The guy was just saying that he thought it was somewhat silly to buy a sandwich for $5 when it would cost you 50 cents to make it yourself. He wasn't declaring war on anyone that chooses to do either
>>
>>7331196
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXSvQdMoG78

I hate modern "art".
>>
>>7330549
Apple juice is used in the process of smoking meat.
>>
Used to sometimes see middle aged black women buying oxtail. Was a little jelly.
>>
>>7325922

Since you can't buy booze with food stamps, some bums will buy a bunch of pop, dump them all out right outside the store, and then return the empty cans for the deposits, which they then use to buy booze.

Or so I've been told by friends who have worked in grocery stores.
>>
>>7331987
>Spending a month's worth of food money to get $10 in alcohol money that wouldn't be enough to get someone that alcoholic drunk

This is something that never happened.
>>
>>7331987

Wow, that seems very inefficent. In my area they tend to buy expensive foods which they then sell to other customers for cash in the parking lot. Going rate is typically half price.
>>
>>7325886
hf never owning a weapon ever
>>
>itt
>alcoholics
>limp-wristed betas
>judging other people for what they eat
>>
>>7331998
>>7331997

This happened in Michigan where the deposit is 10 cents, if that makes a difference.

And the example given to me was that they would buy a single case of pop and use the return money to buy a 40 oz.
>>
>>7325922
I live in LA. Homeless folks just sit outside and offer you 2 for 1. Pay them 100 buckaroos for 200 in food.
>>
>>7331987
this use to happen at the whole foods like grocery store i worked at in college but with glass bottled milk. Dirty bums and junkies would come in, buy a cart full of the milk in the glass bottles on EBT, pour them out behind the store, then return and get cash back for like 20 bottles each at a $2.50 deposit each. I was the dairy manager and it would piss me off because it would fuck up my orders since we'd be blown out within hours of getting our once a week shipment. Fuck EBT scammers.
>>
>>7331997
When it's the government's money handed out to them and they do nothing but sit around and be drunk all the time, do you really think they care?

I don't judge unless it's EBT. It's frustrating to see some of the stuff you see, and about half the people really do not care, do not budget, etc. They're screaming in your face because they can't buy cigarettes on EBT.
>>
>>7328679
>and an orange
Was it the ol' gasp and goo?
>>
I don't get my produce at the supermarket because it's a fucking ripoff. I buy very little meat there for the same reason. So mostly when I'm there, it's for one or two items that are convenient to get there, and booze. So every time I'm there, it's booze and maybe a can of beans or a jar of pickles or something. Because of my work schedule I always show up really late at night, so it's always the same 2 cashiers. It doesn't take long before you get to be known at that alcoholic that buys one other cheap item so you can pretend like you didn't just come in to get booze.

>>7330656
>having a box of condoms sitting on the conveyor belt next to your yogurt
I used to attend a middle school that was borrowing a Catholic parochial school attached to a church. For kicks, we used to fill condoms with yogurt, sneak into the stairway linking the school with the church offices and we would drop them on the heads of passing priests.

I mean, there's plenty of reasons you might want condoms and yogurt.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.