[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When and why did bottled water become popular?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: 8873697006_3817c6ce21_b.jpg (266 KB, 1024x775) Image search: [Google]
8873697006_3817c6ce21_b.jpg
266 KB, 1024x775
When and why did bottled water become popular?
>>
When people thought that it wasn't just tap water.
>>
Spoiled white highschool girls who decided they were too good for drinking fountains and tap water and compete with each other to buy the most overpriced bottled water they can.
>>
File: perrier.jpg (308 KB, 457x1138) Image search: [Google]
perrier.jpg
308 KB, 457x1138
>>
>when
When Capitalism happened

>why
Convenience.
>>
>>7325838
Because in some areas tap water tastes awful.
>>
When you find out there's lead in the off colour tap water.
>>
>>7325838
When the city water tastes and smells rancid.
>>
>>7325838
During the gap between the time when people discovered that tap water is often fully of horrifying chemicals and the time when filter pitchers and reverse osmosis machines became cheap and readily available.
>>
>>7325838
Because it's cleaner then tap water.
>>
File: 000086645.jpg (46 KB, 433x448) Image search: [Google]
000086645.jpg
46 KB, 433x448
>>7325838
cheap, taste better and clean
>>
>>7325838
Before people saw this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZQkVz4fbfw
>>
Is it that fucking hard to buy a proper water bottle, fill it, store it cold and take it out whenever you go out?
>>
>>7328084
>cheap
do you even?
>taste better and clean
only if you live in a shithole
>>
when you go to poor countries its kind of essential unless you want a runny arse. Although if i go to the south of England i buy it as their water tastes fucking weird.
>>
>>7328156
Hard water for hard lads, mate
>>
>>7328157
er, no, its just terrible.
>>
what is the most patrician water?

>pic related
>>
third world countries have bad tap water
>>
>>7328150
>only if you live in a shithole
tap water come from water table but has to pass by treatment facility , no matter where do you live it's tasteless, whereas mineral water come from natural source and have better taste ( like natural carbonated water).

>do you even?
Dunno for you , but here in France 9L ( 6 bottles) of water cost between 1-3€, whereas soda cost 1.5€ the bottle (1.5L)
>>
>>7328129
Waaa, look waaa
>>
>>7325838
> "popular"

yeah, no. Just because 2% of the world drinks bottled water, that doesn't mean it's popular.
>>
>>7328339
>no matter where do you live it's tasteless
Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. Once lived in 3 different areas in the same state and the water has tasted wildly different from pleasant to atrocious and metallic
>>
>>7325838

When tapwater tasted disgusting.
>>
File: 1284502168265.jpg (53 KB, 600x437) Image search: [Google]
1284502168265.jpg
53 KB, 600x437
>>7328339
>no matter where do you live it's tasteless
>>
Should environmentalists feel bad for telling everyone they shouldn't be drinking from plastic water bottles after what happened to Flint, Michigan?
>>
>>7325852
At my high school, letters were sent home warning kids to not drink from the fountains because the water was contaminated. Apparently not contaminated enough to forbid us from drinking it, but it sure did taste weird.
>>
When shit like Flint, MI happens, thats why people buy bottled water.
>>
File: 9904000000408i.jpg (65 KB, 400x640) Image search: [Google]
9904000000408i.jpg
65 KB, 400x640
>>7328633
>>7328665
that kind of thing generally doesn't come from the water itself but the human part (canalization,treatment facility ...).Also I've never said that the taste of water doesn't change from a place to another, tap water can usually be neutral or bad. In France 40% of the population doesn't like to drink tap water, because our mineral water taste better (dunno for yours). Moreover I only drink mineral sparkling water ( like 20% of the french) so I've to buy bottled water
>>
some incompetent government workers let ecoli into the water supply near me about 15 years ago .. a lot of people got sick and died and bottled water went crazy
>>
Because tap water can taste absolutely terrible in some places.
>>
I've never needed bottled water. The tap water in my city (coincidentally named Eau Claire) is very clean.
>>
>>7328671
You think the majority of people are aware of that? That evergreen people living in the USA can have tap water that destroys their children's minds and contributes to the total heavy metal load that they'll carry through life?

It's sad as fuck, but there's plenty of places around the United States that have shitty tap water, in some cases literally. Some towns just don't give a shit. The podcast Reveal had a recent enough episode about a town that had ecoli outbreaks and the town people tried to stand up, but a court ruled in the favor of the water suppliers and there hasn't been any improvement in the tap water.

It happens and it's shit.
>>
I live in a Scandinavian country so our tap water is perfect but I buy bottled sparkling water because I stopped buying and drinking soda
>>
>muh tap water
even if you buy a $200 infowars paranoia tier filter that still works out to only 8 cents per gallon. if you buy bottled water you're literally throwing your money away.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.