[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is organic food a meme or is it really better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1146867-carrie-fisher.jpg (114 KB, 936x1446) Image search: [Google]
1146867-carrie-fisher.jpg
114 KB, 936x1446
Is organic food a meme or is it really better?
>>
are u a gril?
>>
Does it look like I know what a jpeg is? I just want a picture of a gat dang hotdog.
>>
>>7325488
yes but why does that matter
>>
>>7325488
maybe
>>
Yes and no

90% of the time, the food is "organic" in name only and comes from the same farm and processing facility that the rest of the meat and vegetables comes from.

In another ~30 years, we'll know if all the newer heavy GMO stuff is actually carcinogenic or not when the millennials reach their late 50s.

Until then, it's not worth the price compared to regular food.
>>
>>7325485
What do you mean better? It's better if you want to avoid pesticides.
>>
Who is this semen demon?
>>
File: eggmobile.jpg (68 KB, 541x285) Image search: [Google]
eggmobile.jpg
68 KB, 541x285
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

There aren't that many meaningful standards for organic stuff, so it's mostly a meme. But there's really no reason to eat more hormones and chemicals than you have to. It can only help. I think some things do taste better/different if they're completely out there though. Pasture-raised eggs, for example, do taste markedly better than the $1.50/dozen kind. It's not really financially feasible for most people to get those eggs, unfortunately.
>>
>a meme is now something that people in real life only pretend to like

I wish that would get a word filter.
>>
>>7325518
Literally me.
>>
It's kind of complicated.

If you look at the history of the modern-day organic food movement, it was about freshness and economic factors as much as environmentalism and health issues. This was a time when the general public had just come to grips with the fact that the songbirds their grandparents knew by sound had basically gone extinct. When our national bird was at the brink of going the way of the dodo, and when farm workers were on strike because of exposure to harmful agricultural chemicals.

So people with major food cred, like Alice Waters, made it somewhat glamorous, and, like anything good, bandwagon hoppers jumped in. People who were not accustomed to being so close to the source of production, who grew up looking at supermarket displays that discarded anything less than perfect, were shocked to see vegetables in less than perfect aesthetic conditions. Organic thus in their minds was associated with dirty hippies eating spoiled food. Then the MBAs smelled blood and now we have this corporatized organic movement where the FDA allows big companies to ship their chemical-soaked cardboard-tasting crap across the country on a smog-belching truck. And the new generation of youth is born, getting brainwashed by the tools of the oligarchy into thinking that all food is the same, that how it is now is like it's always been, and that since water is a chemical, we should all be force-fed uranium hexaflouride and corporations know what's best for us so GMO should not be labeled.

What organic food has done for us is made people more food-conscious, but it has been eviscerated by the wrong crowd. Today, if you want a step above, skip organic and find the fringes, where people with strange, superstitious beliefs congregate, because they are immune to the propaganda. Food for them is a life calling, not a way of separating the masses from their health and wealth. The biodynamic cult is a great example. Basically whatever they're selling is going to be good.
>>
File: 1406757679804.jpg (198 KB, 1028x1513) Image search: [Google]
1406757679804.jpg
198 KB, 1028x1513
>>7325521

>Not realizing that calling anything and everything a meme is the meme and that it doesn't have any real meaning outside of the humor.
>>
File: 1445387869625.gif (4 MB, 375x346) Image search: [Google]
1445387869625.gif
4 MB, 375x346
>>7325526
Wew lad. Take it easy!
>>
>>7325532

Yeah, that's basically the definition of shitposting cancer.
>>
>>7325485
all food is organic dumb shit.
>>
>>7325526
Wew!
>>
>>7325485
Why don't you try some for yourself and make up your mind for yourself, instead of appealing to a faceless mass so you can conform to their opinions?
>>
>>7325526

Nigga I ain't readin' all that shit
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.