[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eggs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 21
File: url.jpg (12 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
12 KB, 259x194
Hey guys, how do I make scrambled eggs? I'm being serious.
>>
underage fag pls go
>>
File: 1453328246704.jpg (17 KB, 207x358) Image search: [Google]
1453328246704.jpg
17 KB, 207x358
are you fucking serious
>>
>>7324672
>put eggs in pan
>scramble them
>season with salt and pepper
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0
>>
>>7324687
yes

I thought I said that already
>>
You scramble eggs
That's it
>>
>>7324695
but how?
>>
>>7324706
with a spatula or wooden spoon
>>
>>7324706
Via. the method demonstrated in >>7324689
>>
>2 eggs
>put in coffee cup
>splash milk
>stir hard with fork
>put into slightly oiled already getting hot pan
>stir with spatula
>eat.
>>
>>7324672
Search Gordon Ramsay scrambled eggs on YouTube.
I mean it's hard to go wrong really, even rubbery overcooked scrambled eggs are pretty dank, but his recipe is GOAT
>>
>>7324730
>coffee cup
>>
I use 6 eggs + 1/2 cup cottage cheese then blend makes them fluffier, top with salt pep and green onions.
>>
>>7324730
wtf dude? where's your seasoning?
>>
>>7324672
you gotta get the technique. Butter in pot, eggs can go in directly, not mixed, with or without milk, then you start mixing, and you dont stop mixing, you can add some cheese or creme fresh some seasoning (avoid salt before eggs are finished), but just keep fucking mixing. If you dont do it lke this you are eating a fucked up omelete not scrambleed eggs
>>
>>7324806
thanks gordon
>>
Theres plenty of ways

Add milk and whisk
add to pan and whisk
fry it half way and then break it up and mix em (my favorite way)
You can whisk em up and put them in a ziplock bag to be boiled like poach-scramble

I mean, the best advice is add the salt last.
>>
>>7324818
you're goddam right.
>>
File: 289_3424.jpg (730 KB, 3296x2472) Image search: [Google]
289_3424.jpg
730 KB, 3296x2472
Thanks for the advice everyone, I did it.
>>
>>7324818
His method is the best anon.
>>
>>7324688
Hell naw motherfucker

>Put some butter in yo pan
>Put some milk in yo pan
>Crack yo eggs in a mug n whisk them with fork
>Put scrambled egg from mug into pan
>Use wooden spoon to keep stirring that shit
>UNTIL IT IS SCRAMBLED EGG AS YOU MORTALS NOW IT
>THEN
>T H E N
>season with a touch of salt and pepper, and a bit of paprika ^-^
>>
>>7324857
That shit is WAY over cooked.
>>
>>7324857
way overcooked
one thing to remember with eggs: if they look done in the pan, they'll be overcooked on the plate
because the residual heat keeps cooking them
>>
>>7324857
Looks overcooked, but I like my scrambled egg hard so 7/10
>>
>>7324857
It took you 54 minutes to learn how to and cook scrambled eggs
Not too bad senpai
>>
Just crack some eggs into a pan them fail your arms around a bit..
>>
>>7324857
You didnt do it, our advice failed
>>
I use rosemary and a bit of parmesan, sweated in the butter before I add the eggs. Might not be for everyone though.
>>
>>7324919
I like to add half a tsp of crushed fennel, served on rye toast with swiss or muenster cheese
>>
i get 4 eggs, glug of milk, pop the eggs and milk into a bowl and fork the shit out of it
then i chuck it in the microwave for 3 and a half minutes
then i let it cool to room temperature while i make some toast
i butter the toast, plop the eggs on top and then i eat that rubbery condom mess
>>
>>7324979
you can get decent scrambled eggs from the microwave
you just have to nuke them like a minute at a time and then stir
repeat till they're done
if you try to cook them all in one go, they come out terrible
>>
>>7324979
>then i chuck it in the microwave for 3 and a half minutes

Fucking kek; you can make scrambled eggs in the pan quicker than that.

>then i let it cool to room temperature while i make some toast

Jesus fuck but why?
>>
>>7324672
If you're a beginner then just
>Get a little cup or plastic container
>Crack how many eggs you want
>Stir it until it's mostly a solid color
>Add milk if desired
>Poor it onto a pan which is either non-stick, has oil, oil spray, or butter.
>Let it cook, breaking it up with spatula frequently. Don't let it stay in one place for too long.
>wa la
You can season it with salt and pepper but IMO it ruins the taste. I also personally like to add a touch of flour or pancake mix into it, makes it taste like how they taste in restaurants.
>>
File: 1450992612305.jpg (33 KB, 493x386) Image search: [Google]
1450992612305.jpg
33 KB, 493x386
>>7324857
>>
>>7324857
What is this? Eggs a la sahara?
>>
Why are all you guys laughing at OP? My first scrambled eggs turned out only slightly better than his, and I bet you guys' did too
>>
>>7325149
Shut up you faggot
>>
>>7325156
Nice post, kid.
>>
>>7324672
Omelettes are easier to make and it's exactly the same thing.
>>
I feel like rambling. I make a lot of scrambled eggs. Gordon's method is very good, but I feel like he doesn't explain exactly why it works.

Salt is pretty important. Obviously for seasoning, and there's going to be a taste issue. As much or as little as you like, but I have found salting your eggs before you beat them helps to mix the whites and yolks.

On milk: if you add milk or cream (and you don't have to), you don't want to do this at the beating stage. Or during the cooking. It is very easy for it to break the emulsification of the eggs and fat, giving you scrambled eggs that leak whey when you plate it.

Fats! I have tried everything I could think of, from butter to various vegetable oils to bacon grease. Unsalted butter tastes the best. You can use to much, and it'll start to make the texture odd and grainy. I've found that 1 tbsp per 4 eggs is about right.

Heat: I understand that some people have never had softer scrambled eggs, nor do they even think ones that aren't large curded and springy as scrambled eggs. That's cool. To each his own. But me, I like them to be a soft to medium custard. They are delicate, light, and have zero curd texture. I have my burner on high, and wait until my butter just starts to foam, but doesn't bubble or burn, then add my beaten eggs. The only way to achieve a delicate soft, but set custard texture without any curd is to stir with your whisk like a bitch. The secornd you start to see any curds forming, lift the pan off the heat and keep stirring like a bitch until it is uniform again, then return to heat, keep stirring, repeat. When you're at the point where the eggs have fully set (they are not liquid, but nowhere near stiff) you either plate, or add your cream. If you go with cream, you're just looking or it to be fully mixed and warmed up. When you plate, they should be soft, and within 30 seconds firm up and hold their shape. They keep cooking a little.
>>
>>7325271
If your omelettes are exactly the same as your scrambled eggs, you're doing something horribly wrong.
>>
>>7325390
Again, this isn't everyone's idea of eggs. I'm cool with that. It's labor intensive, but when you get it right, it's good. Really good. When I get it just right I've seen people cry when they eat my scrambled eggs from having transcendent experiences.

Thanks for reading.
>>
>>7325393
Does it really matter if you beat up your eggs before or after throwing them into your pan?

Plain scrambled eggs and omelettes are literally the same thing. There's a reason why people call scrambled eggs fucked up omelettes.

I think frying an omelette is easier and faster than making them scrambled. Am I wrong?
>>
>>7325457
Of course you are; you're on 4chan.
>>
>>7325390
So when do you add milk or cream?
>>
>>7325457
When you make an omelette, you don't need to beat quite as fully as scrambled eggs. In fact, you have to be careful that as you're beating the eggs, you're not overdoing it, lest you get air bubbles. This fucks with the texture. Helps to use a fork, rather than a whisk. The fewer tines makes it easier to not get any frothiness. And yeah, omelettes are faster, but take a lot of deftness to get the semi-set swirl of a curd just right. Even still, a fucked up omelette isn't scrambled eggs. It's just a shitty omelette. You've still got too much curd texture. I guess it's similar, but it's not ideal.
>>
>>7325515
tomato, tomato
>>
>>7325513
Just as it comes to a soft custard texture. Right when you'd otherwise call them done. I like to add the cream off heat, mix in thoroughly, then back on heat for maybe 10 seconds. Just long enough to warm it back up so the eggs will keep cooking a little and set upon plating, as they would have without milk. If they got so liquid that you have to cook longer than that, you just added too much. A splash of about 1-2 tbsp of half and half per 4 eggs is what I do when I use any.
>>
>>7325524
Yeah, it's a grey area. But it's just eggs. They're cheap. Doesn't matter much either way.
>>
>>7325457
That's the point. If you're making your scrambled eggs come out the same as your omelettes, you're failing to use a different preparation. They're not supposed to be one big, set lump.
>>
>>7324672
Scrambled eggs is 80% technique.
>>
>>7324857
Don't be discouraged by the faggots crying about overcooked. Keep practicing, and you'll get better.
>>
>>7324857
Fucking awful
>>
>>7325665
I disagree.
>>
>>7324672
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9r-CxnCXkg

I like jamie oliver's video better.
>>
File: 22693127.png (92 KB, 806x732) Image search: [Google]
22693127.png
92 KB, 806x732
>>7324688
Ya blew it fggt
>>
>>7324672
>I'm being serious
Came to the wrong place , huh?
>>
File: gordonsrectum.jpg (4 KB, 194x257) Image search: [Google]
gordonsrectum.jpg
4 KB, 194x257
>>7324857
>>
>>7325983

Thanks, that was actually a great video
>>
>>7324857
Looks perfect anon.
Good job.
>>
BEST WAY

scramble eggs in a bowl, add diced up sliced ham, or cubed ham, add shredded cheese, and maybe some sliced mushrooms if you'd like.

Boil some water,

put egg/ham/cheese mixture in a plastic ziplock bag, and zip it up and put the bag in the boiling water,

let it boil for a bit, until it's done, then take it out and put on place,

maybe chop it up a bit once it's on the plate.

BAM

maybe add some creme fresh or shred cheese on top.
>>
>>7327057

That's an omelette you dork.
>>
>watched my friend put 3 eggs in a pan and start smashing them up with the spatula
>he cooked it until it was burned on one side
>puts cheap shit tomato sauce on the top
>tells me he makes the best scrambled eggs
>>
I always put a bit of cheese on top of my scrambled eggs once they are on the plate
>>
>>7327151
Connor is an absolute monster
>>
>>7327160
Rousey-like in his standup, Joe.
>>
>>7324857
It's a bit overcooked. Don't worry about undercooking it when making scrambled eggs because it can always be fixed by a little more heat. Can't undo overcooked scrambled eggs. Not bad for a first try. This does take some practice.
>>
Beat eggs in bowl with the milks and cheese, microwave until cooked.
>>
>>7324736
Cracking your eggs into a cup first can help you avoid shell fragments if you have a problem with them
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 566x566) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 566x566
>crack 2 or 3 eggs in a coffee mug
>add a little milk
>mix
>add seasonings and stir
>place mug in microwave for 1 minute per egg
>enjoy microwaved scrambled eggs
>>
>>7325457
>Plain scrambled eggs and omelettes are literally the same thing
No they aren't, you're an idiot.
>people call scrambled eggs fucked up omelettes
No one does this.
>>
>>7324979
It takes literally 60 seconds or less on a medium-low heated pan.
>>
>>7324672
1 tsp dried tarragon
3tbsp cream (light or heavy depending on how crazy you want it)
3tbsp butter
6 large eggs
salt
fresh cracked black pepper

melt the butter (unsalted please) at medium low heat with the cream.

Add the tarragon (fresh if you can get it, use twice as much and add at the end if fresh).

Crack each egg on a solid surface and whisk together in a bowl.

Add them to the butter, cream, and tarragon, season with about 1tsp of salt, you can always add more later.

Turn the burner to the lowest heat, stirring very occasionally with a fork. After 10-15 minutes you should see some small curds forming. Break them up for a nice creamy texture.

Total cooking time should be about 30 minutes. Leave a bit of moisture if you are not about to serve them immediately.

Season with fresh ground black pepper at the end.

This is how I have been making my eggs for years as an adaptation of Mark Bittman and people have told me many time how much they love th
>>
>>7324857
OVERCOOKED TO DEATH

i like scrambled eggs a few ways.
One favorite is
>good amount of olive oil in pan
>crack eggs in bowl add seasonings you like e.g pepper, salt, paprika, garlic or whatever im not your egg boss
>mix well in bowl
>chuck it in the pan and cook it in high heat for a couple of mins until its just done and take it off the pan into a plate asap as to not over cook it.
>eggs will continue cooking if left in the pan even with the heat turned off

Check out on youtube jamie oliver scrambed eggs he has some good stuff
>>
>>7327680
(Same anon here)
I dont season afterwards as then its not evenly seasoned. eggs get cold fast.

Sometimes I use butter instead of olive oil and sometimes i try the jamie oliver styles.

Look him up kiderino
>>
>>7324862
Huh. Thanks anon, never thought of putting paprika on them.
>>
File: gg.jpg (4 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
4 KB, 262x192
I am something of an 'egg fiend', in fact my friends call me 'Marco Pierre Egg White', and other of my friends call me 'Heggston Bulmenthal' and others call me 'Jack Fowlfani' due to my intense cookery skills when preparing eggs. In my opinion there are 3 secrets to making scrambled eggs

1. The fat added
You can choose butter or oil if you want. However, in my opinion these things don't present the right amount of 'scramblisation'. I use a mix of 40% peanut butter, 40% almond butter, and 20% egg mayo. The egg mayo neutrilises the peanut and almond butter and means you don't taste them, but the peanut butter breaks the egg apart more quickly and leads to a smoother dish. Also, the eggs brown faster and look less undercooked so fussy eaters will enjoy them more

2. The mixing utensil
The 3 main utensils used are spatulas, forks, and wooden spoons. All of these are wrong in my opinion. They introduce far too much size to the dish and split the eggs apart without scrambling them. I use spaghetti strands, up to 7. They are thin and can mix the eggs well, plus if they fall into the dish you don't need to pluck them out until after cooking because they will become egg noodles and can be set aside for Chinese food night.

3. The way the chicken was raised
Poorly raised chickens produce better scrambled eggs for the same reason that poor people have higher miscarriage rates. I have started raising my own chickens and burning cigarrettes in their coop 3 times a day because the illness causes greater pre-birth scramblisation.

Follow this guide for great scramblers everytime
>>
>>7324744
seasoning is a gimmick that only hides the foods. When you're dousing your shit with salt or pepper all you really want to taste is that salt and pepper.

If you have to have seasoning than either your food is shit, or your mentally retarded and just like the taste of the seasoning better than the food. Good food, cooked properly, will stand on its own.
>>
>>7324857
looks great. I love my eggs well done, and in fact it's better to just be on the safe side. Similarly I like my omelets to barely have a crunch to them.

Try mixing stuff into your eggs next time as well. I like throwing in bread crumbs, onions, pepperoni, etc. And some mayo or sriracha on top in the plate goes great
>>
>>7327810
>he doesn't use two knives to scramble his eggs

WEW lad
>>
>>7325983

Those eggs are so orange jesus
>>
File: 1454048060364.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1454048060364.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>7327920
>>7327920
it has something to with a difference in eggs in europe vs usa
>>
>>7327852
Stop.
>>
>>7324857

Hahaha I have not laughed this hard in a while. This entire fucking thread haha. OP, some people like their eggs a little undercooked/runny, some like them more well done. I am a big fan of the chef Jacques Pepin and his philosophy of food. Some people would say your scrambled eggs are overcooked but if you like the taste of it then enjoy it man. Friendly tip. Smoked salmon+scrambled egg is god tier.
>>
>>7324689
This has to be the most autistic way of making scrambled eggs I have ever seen. How does putting it on the heat for 5 seconds then taking it off for 5 seconds differ from cooking it constantly at a slightly lower temperature?
>>
>>7328083
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0 [Remove]

It doesn't he's just a professional chef and has to see sophisticated and cool.
>>
>>7328083
It differs in that you can make scrambled eggs in a couple minutes instead of half an hour. At home, you can do whatever you want. If you want to turn a simple breakfast into an hour long autistic ritual ordeal, that's cool. Other people don't. No professional cook will ever spend that long because nobody is ever going to pay $100 for a plate of slow-cooked scrambled eggs that taste the same or worse.

There's also a tendency to overcook eggs when you do it so slowly because the change is so gradual it's harder for most people to notice. There are some who say cooking eggs for longer periods of time encourages a more rubbery texture in the proteins. I have not tested this because I have better things to do with those 28 minutes of my life.
>>
I do this sometimes, not any harder than the typical ways of making scrambled eggs.

1. Bring a decent size pot with a lot of water to a low boil.
2. Scramble a couple really fresh eggs with nothing added to them.
3. Make a whirlpool in the boiling water with a spoon and pour the eggs into the center.
4. Cover the pot and cook for 20 seconds.
5. Strain into a mesh sieve, don't pour water over the eggs.
6. Plate the eggs, put a pad of butter on top and season with sea salt/pepper.
>>
>>7324737
are you obese
>>
>>7324672
my house mate and his sister are both in their early 30's and make scrambled eggs in the microwave. You could try that. Fucking makes the kitchen stink.
>>
>>7324672
Go find Season 1 of Good Eats and watch Alton's tutorial. It's a pretty easy, reliable method. Basically, start over low heat, then turn it up toward the end. Or maybe it was the other way around, I can't remember.

Bottom line, just practice more and you'll find what works for you. Don't forget the butter and salt.
>>
>>7328135

I fucking hate it when faggots stipulate that the ingredients be FRESH.

FRESH pepper
FRESH eggs
FRESH milk
FRESH salt

Fuck off cunts.
>>
>>7324672
my university has a bag full of liquid eggs, ladles over butter on the flattop and just mixes that shit around
>>
>crack 6-8 eggs in a large bowl and beat like a redheaded stepchild
>dump in cast-iron pan with a light coating of canola oil or better yet, bacon grease
>cook hotter than you think you need to and scramble CONSTANTLY with spatula
>remove from pan before you think you need to
>salt, pepper, and cayenne or tabasco
>>
>>7328714
If you don't use fresh eggs when making them this way they start to fall apart in the water you literal retard. Vinegar may help with coagulation but I've never tried it. Doesn't matter as much with pan frying.
>>
>>7328735
> oil
> super hot pan

You're a complete fucking idiot.
>>
>>7328766

Dumb cunt,

Do you honestly think saying the word "Fresh" will change anything? Of course everyone is going to use the freshest ingredients they have available. It's not like someone was about to use rotten eggs and go "woah! good thing anon told me to use fresh ones!"

Seriously, have a think about it.
>>
>>7328714
Only time I do this is when talking aboot herbs
>>
>>7328773
Eggs that are halfway to expiration will not coagulate as well as recently purchased eggs when poaching. Clearly you have never poached eggs before.
>>
>>7327852

I fucking LOVE you!

Don't know what it is with the faggots on this board who think you're not a cook unless you add 11 different herbs and spices to your fucking piece of toast.

Totally agree; let the quality of your ingredients do the talking.
>>
>>7328788
that's right I haven't poached eggs before

That's why my comment was meant in general (even though I directed it at your post because you TRIGGERED ME)
>>
>>7328714
>>7328773
>>7328803
Your average /ck/ cook everybody
>>
>>7328788
I don't know about this poached beaten egg bullshit (which sounds like a dare), but there are two things you can do to help poached eggs maintain their shape:

1. Add a little vinegar to the water

2. Drop the un-cracked egg in boiling water for 10 seconds before cracking and poaching it.
>>
>>7328790
ikr? omg, salt? fucking nerds! hahaha.... who does that? XDDDD food tastes so good by itself!!1 why do people even cook it?? I made the best raw mashed potatos the other day. they were so yummmmy! <3 (hint! there aren't actually any potatos but they tasted so good!!)
>>
>>7328865
Good advice but the vinegar must be NBC or it won't help.
>>
>>7324672
You can cook it like you want

>scramble
>cook, but not too much

The important part is to quarter-season it after you cooked it. Take 1 season per quarter, and try something. Then, try something else.

This way, you will be spicemaster in no time
>>
File: 1449608831120.jpg (26 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1449608831120.jpg
26 KB, 800x600
>>7328939
now there's a meme I haven't seen in a while
>>
>>7324862
>milk
>paprika

You my nigga
>>
>>7324672
>crack eggs into a jug/bowl
>whisk until, mixed, light and airy
>pan on low heat, pour the eggs in
>mix until light and creamy

real scrambled eggs takes time and effort, they can't be done quickly or you end up with overcooked dregs like this >>7324857
>>
>>7324857
those are the best kind of eggs for breakfast burritos
>>
>>7324689
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0
I was gonna get on a pissed-off soapbox because you fuck-heads can't scramble an egg.

Now I don't have to.
So THANK you.
Thanks. Thank you.
>>
>>7328790
Salt should be an important exception.
If your food tastes salty, you've added too much salt.
If it tastes flat, you haven't added enough.

Every person has a different tolerance for salt, but 0 is the wrong answer in almost every egg dish.
>>
Crack 4 eggs into a bowl, add salt and pepper,

Microwave on high for 30 seconds, then scramble, microwave again for 30, scramble,
keep putting in and out of microwave to scramble until they are done, should only take 3 or 4 times.
>>
>>7325390
>not using 1tbsp of butter per egg.
Someone is a pussy.
>>
>>7324672
low heat, roll them over often
>>
>>7330008
Retarded american detected

You should literaly never use salt in anything
>>
>>7325515
I thought the entire point of an omelette was the fluffiness of the omelette. By wisking, you add air and it makes the omelette have a smoother texture, but it will fall if it just sits out for a while.
>>
>>7324672
by getting a carton of egg whites and making a omelet of spinich and mushrooms faggot.
>>
>>7324862
>Put some milk in yo pan
Absolutely fucking not.
>>
I like to melt butter in the pan first, then mix the eggs with soft pork chorizo, sharp cheddar, sliced onions and cook together and serve with toast. The toast, of course, buttered to taste.

Also, I found that the sweet spot for cooking scrambled eggs is to turn the heat off once you think they're still not fully firm but otherwise edible. The resulting eggs are much firmer and crumblier.
>>
>>7330365
Other than throwing it in your eyes
>>
>>7328714
ok, have your food taste like literal shit
>>
Can you scramble eggs in a large skillet? I tried a few in mg 12 inch and it didn't turn out all that well. Too thin due to lack of better word.
>>
>>7324689
this is an egg mousse
>>
>>7324863
>>7324864
>>7324866
If that's over cooked, please explain what "scrambled eggs" should look like you pretentious, useless faggots.
>>
>>7331872
It should be a solid you idiot. If it's crumbling and looks like popcorn chicken, you overcooked it.
>>
>>7331945
Outside of being slightly easier to eat, if it gets a little crumbly like in his picture it really doesn't taste that different.
>>
>>7324672
le ramsay method xD
>>
>>7332022
>>
File: goodbye.jpg (11 KB, 240x231) Image search: [Google]
goodbye.jpg
11 KB, 240x231
>>7331872
literally google "scrambled eggs"
there shouldn't be any browning, and they should look fluffy and cloudy, not crumbly
>mfw someone calls me pretentious for giving advice about cooking on a cooking board
>>
>>7331945
Scambled eggs cooked as a solid is commonly referred to as an omelette. Elaborate.
>>
>>7332086
The only difference between scrambled eggs and a plain omelette is density. When you make scrambled eggs, you don't fold it when you would making an omelette, and you don't cook it quite as long.
>>
>>7332083
You didn't offer advice, you just berated and said "If it looks done in the pan it's too far" well obviously he doesn't know the meaning.
>>
>>7332107
>You didn't offer advice, you just berated and said "If it looks done in the pan it's too far"
That's clear. If you can't understand what that means you're retarded and there's no hope for you.

Food doesn't instantly cool down when you take it off the pan, of course it's going to continue cooking.
>>
>>7332107
i didn't berate him, and the advice was clear
that's literally the first bit of advice anyone gives about cooking eggs
any cooking show where they make eggs, they will mention that
>>
>>7324862
>^-^
youre cute, anon
>>
File: neru_kuma.jpg (29 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
neru_kuma.jpg
29 KB, 600x450
1. crack 2 eggs in a bowl.
2. Optional:
- for fluffyness: add about 1 tablespoon of milk (cow milk, not soy)
- for sweetness: add about 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- for weeaboos: add about 1 teaspoon of soy sauce (Osaka style)
3. beat the eggs.
4. put pan on MED/HI heat.
5. Coat the surface of the pan with butter, margarine, or oil.
6. dump the scrambled eggs in the pan.
7. Wait about 1 minute for it to cook. Stir up the eggs a little to separate the cooked solid parts from the uncooked liquid. Flip over if necessary.
8. Once the liquid parts are gone, eggs are done. put the eggs on a plate. add other condiments if you want.
>>
>>7332114
No, obviously he doesn't know the meaning of "overcooked" or what your definition of "properly" cooked scrambled eggs is. You didn't offer anything to that.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 533x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 533x468
>>7324672
>>7324857
>>
>>7324672
you don't because they suck
>>
File: dance.jpg (108 KB, 996x1024) Image search: [Google]
dance.jpg
108 KB, 996x1024
>>7324828
>this morning
>scrambled eggs always turn out as dry, overcooked, failed omlette
>first time trying whisked eggs and milk
>hellyes.jpg
>fluffiest goddamn eggs I've ever eaten

11/10 anon, bless
>>
>>7328790
It's not that I don't agree with you necessarily, but the tone of this post is so fucking reddit I wish you would kill yourself.
>>
>>7324689
is you put cream in it you've made CREAMED eggs

jesus ramsay, you should know better
>>
File: assman.jpg (11 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
assman.jpg
11 KB, 229x220
>>7324857

Whoa those look dry.

But at least you made an attempt and didn't burn them.
>>
>>7328083
Texture. Do you understand how cooking works?
>>
how do i scramble eggs without getting them burned onto the pan? theres always a layer of eggs on the pan after im done.
>>
>>7333494
Get a better pan and/or use more oil
>>
throw eggs into hot pan

season

serve
>>
>>7333494
butter
less heat
and buy a new teflon pan for like $7
>>
trying to learn to make omelettes, having trouble folding it or flipping it. when do i flip or fold, senpai?
>>
>>7324672
nigga how are scrambled eggs even real like just scramble away lmao
>>
>>7328790
who said anything about 11 herbs and spices for scrambled eggs
stop your autism
>S&P is shit
enjoy your bland shit
ignorance is bliss
>>
>>7325983
much better
>>
>>7324857
Beautiful
>>
File: 1444086242515.gif (224 KB, 338x288) Image search: [Google]
1444086242515.gif
224 KB, 338x288
>>7324857
>>
>>7328083
>he doesn't know heat ruins eggs
>>
File: 1454264682772.png (160 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454264682772.png
160 KB, 557x605
>>7325390
Will try this, anon. Sounds pretty great.
>>
>>7325983
I didn't know I've been cooking eggs the American style. Good vid.
>>
>>7324672

Put egg in fire
>>
>>7324672
If you wish to make scrambled eggs from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
>>
>>7330353
I assumed you're a troll, but I decided to retest it out anyway. 2 tbsp of butter for 4 eggs is too much. The emulsification broke a little, and the eggs took on a slightly grainy texture. 1 tbsp of butter per egg would be half a stick of butter for 2 servings. The eggs would be like little grainy curds floating in clarified butter soup. Troll or not, you do not know how to cook.
>>
>>7324672
Ew eggs is nasty without cheese.
>>
I used Gordons method for my hangover eggs this morning and holy fuck they were incredible
>>
>>7324689

this. You could also do them merican style.
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.