[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RISOTTO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Italian_Risotto.png (266 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
Italian_Risotto.png
266 KB, 450x338
anyone got any good ideas for risotto? I've never made it. I'm gonna have it as a side dish for meat.
>>
Use vermouth
>>
use a good stock, one you can eat as-is, your whole risotto is going to taste like it, so it better be good.
Also, make sure the stock isn't too salty, since it will reduce down and quickly become over salted.
>>
>>7324273

>take pot
>pour a bit of oil
>chop half an onion and let it simmer in the pot for a bit
>when onion is brownish, pour rice, mix
>let the rice cook dry like this for a few minutes until the grains start to become transparent
>add white wine
>let it evaporate
>start adding broth a few cups at a time
>when it dries a bit, add more
>keep going until rice is almost cooked
>turn off heat
>add Gorgonzola cheese
>add grated parmesan cheese
>mix until cheese melts completely
>add crushed nutmegs
>mix
>eat

God tier risotto right there, it's called "risotto Zola e noci" in Italian, which literally translates to "risotto with Gorgonzola cheese and nutmegs".

For two people I usually go for 150gr of rice, about 100gr of Gorgonzola cheese and 1L of meat broth (but I usually end up using less). For the wine you only need enough to almost cover all the rice the first time, then you only use broth. For the parmesan cheese I usually spread it on top of the rice until it's almost all covered, I can't give you and exact measurement, but it's not much anyway.
>>
risotto's the easiest shit in the world to make. at its core it's literally just rice toasted, mixed with fried onions and cooked down in a light broth with some wine or vermouth. then you finish it with cheese, cream, some kind of flavourful puree, pieces of separately cooked vegetables or meat, finely chopped herbs, stuff like that.

toasting the rice is important IMO because it rounds out the flavour. you want the onions/shallots very finely minced. use plenty of fat. thin out the broth if it's quite strong, there's nothing worse than a risotto that just tastes of chicken stock. don't worry about stirring constantly or adding stock a ladle at a time, the people who tell you that are bullshitting, the key is just to cook it uncovered with about three quarters of as much broth as you need and then make the adjustments/stir lots at the end. i like a risotto with lots of texture so i like finishing with small sauteed or roasted things, toasted nuts, pickles and things like that. also i like more textured rice like vialone nano or carnaroli, carnaroli is the more popular cheffy choice these days as well.

i like risotto because it's a simple thing but you can layer in flavours a bunch of different ways, like i would approach a mushroom risotto rather differently to how i would approach a squash risotto. it's a good platform for thinking about that stuff.
>>
>>7324273
Am I the only one who likes mushroom risotto with garlic instead of onion?
>>
>>7324376
>god tier

never had risotto al amarone.
>>
>>7324478
but I agree it comes second.
>>
Asparagus or porcini is the best. Ofc with white wine
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.