[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/, recommend me a nice sweet and sour chicken recipe,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: sweet and sour chicken.jpg (976 KB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
sweet and sour chicken.jpg
976 KB, 3872x2592
Hey /ck/, recommend me a nice sweet and sour chicken recipe, haven't done it before and interested in trying.
>>
>>7324092
sugar, msg, and salt mixed with some kind of pepper paste
>>
Catsup (not ketchup, there's a difference), brown sugar, a pinch of salt, and half a lemon
>>
>>7324097
>>7324101
Isn't there meant to be pineapple in it?
>>
>>7324101
sounds like some 4th grade lunchlady recipe, fuck off
>>
>>7324092

-1 cup water
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-3/4 cup white sugar
-1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
-1/4 cup ketchup
-1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
-1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
-2 tablespoons cornstarch
-1/4 cup water

good for 1 lb of meat pork/chicken
>>
>>7324139
This is pretty decent looking....

If you want to get fancy...
I use coconut vinegar (from phillipines) that I get from one local source.
I also consider chunks of large diced bell pepper as well as fresh pineapple key to it all, and it needs to get a touch browned.
For soy, I prefer tamari or dark soy, seems like more flavor for less sodium, so you can use a touch more. Of course the ketchup part can be deconstructed into tomato paste, which gets more delish if you saute that in a touch of oil, so I add it while I'm cooking my peppers, ionions and pineapple, to one side of the pan.

Pork > chicken, esp the heartier darker meat pork of that darker end of the whole loin, or those cross section loin chops called "pork steaks" you see at the butcher. So consider precooking the pork on low/slow to keep it tender, chilling it overnight or setting it aside to cool, slicing into chunks, and giving it a dusting of cornstarch for a quick pan fry of crispy outer coating (no need to deep fry like the restaurants but if you do, its a eggwhite tempura with soda water).

Reserve that pineapple liquid if using canned.
>>
>>7324139
but how do you actually cook it? Or is the mixture enough?
>>
File: DSC02034.jpg (2 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
DSC02034.jpg
2 MB, 3072x2304
>>7324092
I made it following this recipe and came out just like you get from a take out place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Qr_Eqtrc4
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.