[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this true??!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Is this true??!
>>
Mike Illitch would not lie.
>>
The deep dish is actually pretty good.
>>
goes to show how little it matters
>>
>>7323791

I disagree. I think LC's dough is demonstrably better than the other three chains.
>>
>>7323986
I disagree.
LC is sad cardboard.
>>
>>7323747
>be 10 years ago
>some friends and I were in the mountains on a drink all you can in a cabin trip
>went to a nearby town to get pizza for the first night.
>Go into pizza hut to order 2 large pizzas.
>"sorry, we are out of large dough"

What the fucking seriously? Opened my eyes to chain pizza joints
>>
File: ss (2015-11-08 at 08.45.49).jpg (29 KB, 251x307) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-11-08 at 08.45.49).jpg
29 KB, 251x307
>>7323747
I managed an LC to put myself through college.

Yes, this is true, but a bit misleading.

The dough is made every single day, but dough does need time to rise before using it. So dough made on Monday morning is typically used Monday evening / Tuesday morning, for example.

Nothing wrong with that, that's just how dough works, but they probably want the normals to go "Oh gosh, this dough was made today!" or something, idk
>>
>>7323747
>Mixing together shitty premixed leavened flour and water counts as "fresh dough"
>>
>>7323747
check in the back of the store
>>
Not a big deal. Cicis does too, I worked prep there when I was 18. The Hobart mixer was a beast though, it would churn out 45 lb batches of dough in 9 minutes, probably do 12-15 of those a day. That place went through some fuckin pizza
>>
>>7324220
>we're out of large dough
Oh god I probably would laugh in their face then laugh on the way out of the store. That's just fucking hilarious.
>>
>>7325574
It was just flour, water and oil, with a premade seasoning and yeast packet though.
The pastry dough was slightly different. Making all those cinnamon rolls was fun
>>
>>7323747
regional chain but mazzios makes their dough in store. most every national chain receives frozen dough pucks that are thawed then pressed out.
>>
>>7323747
I worked at Pizza Hut in high school and we made the dough fresh every day.
That was 40 years ago and we would also just put on toppings until it "looked right" so there have been changes
>>
>>7326518

Yeah don't they do all frozen dough now?
>>
>>7324220
went into papa johns to pickup my online order.

They tell me the dough was too old, and the pizza didn't cook well. They showed it to me and asked if I wanted it or to cancel the order. They didn't have any more dough for that night. And they weren't going to give me a discount on the shitty pizza.

I paid online so the pizza was done paid for, and I didn't trust them to fuck my shit up even more trying to cancel it. They did give me a free cookie and an extra garlic cup though
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.