[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
campari
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 276x183
Hi guys. I'm trying to work out whats in campari. the recipe is a secret. Could someone please help me uncover the recipe?
>>
>>7323386
Its the peels of blood oranges, red dye + sugar, basically.
>>
I'm more interested in the herbs and spices that they use
>>
Sorry to jump in on your thread OP but I've got a similar question.
What is in Cinzano?
Is it spiced white wine of some sort. I've seen it mentioned in some mixed drinks but you only use small amounts, does the bottle keep well after opening?
>>
>>7323438
I don't know if it really is about the herbs and spices I think it really is just the bitter blood orange flavor. I've drank my fair share of it and the dominant flavors are citrus, bitter, and sweet. You add other more herbaceous stuff to it like gin so why would it already have herbs in it?
>>
>>7323468
Liqueurs should keep about a year- two years depending on if they have dairy in them. The more sugar or the higher proof the longer they keep.
>>
File: PI4nlF9.jpg (253 KB, 625x688) Image search: [Google]
PI4nlF9.jpg
253 KB, 625x688
I know a few things about Campari.

In fact, they do not use oranges. They use a relative of the orange native to the region called a chinotto. Chinottos are unique fruits that taste somewhat like cola.

A few years ago, the red coloring agent in Campari was switched from the beetle based red colorant to an artificial agent, presumably to appease vegans.

to be quite honest, I don't understand the appeal of Campari; it tastes like cough syrup to me. I like negronis though.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.