[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've got a shit load of leftover rice as I made way too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: bowl-of-rice.jpg (92 KB, 600x515) Image search: [Google]
bowl-of-rice.jpg
92 KB, 600x515
So I've got a shit load of leftover rice as I made way too much. What's your fav way to use it up co/ck/s?

I'm thinking of making some into calas and the rest into stuffing for peppers
>>
>>7322444
Stir fry with whatever leftover meat and veggies I have on hand. I keep those packages of frozen mixed veggies just for this reason.
>>
>>7322444
Fried rice of course m8.

Make a big batch and freeze it in convenient sized portions.

Rice doesn't usually freeze very well but in a fried rice it doesn't suffer quite as much.
>>
A yogi once told me that it was good for your body to eat only white rice for a weeks. Morning, lunch, diner......... She was also taking laxatives. But she was sure about how good it can be
>>
>>7322444
Are you 21? Can you buy alcohol?
If yes, there's an easy way to get rid of a bit of it.
Get a bottle of cheap chardonnay. It can be any wine, but red wines turn everything purple and other whites tend to be soft on the flavor.
Get 5 or 6 chicken breasts and a pack of fresh(not canned) mushrooms.
Salt and pepper your chicken and plop them in a casserole dish. (I use a 9 x 13in one).
Pour in wine until breasts are just under half submerged. This should be most of the bottle, but not the whole thing.
Dust the tops of the breasts with paprika and dump sliced mushrooms all over it.
They shrink a lot in the cooking, so don't be afraid to smother the un-cooked dish in mushrooms.
Oh, and if you want a little more fatty flavor, a pat of butter under each breast can be a nice touch.
Toss that shit into the oven at 350 for an hour(flipping the breasts once halfway through) and you're done.
Serve over a pile of rice.
The juice made from the chicken seeping in the wine is great flavor for any rice even after the breasts are gone, so save as much as you don't eat for later.
>>
fried rice tomorrow
>>
>>7322655
An asian co-worker of mine tried that and ended up with diabetes.
>>
>>7322655
>>7322748

eating nothing but white rice is never optimal. just like a 'juice cleanse' or any other temporary ascetic diet, the feeling that you're 'cleaning out your system' is entirely a placebo brought on from not eating any fat or salt or whatever for a few days. you're also depriving yourself of a shit ton of vitamins and minerals that you'd get if you were eating a reasonable, varied diet
>>
>>7322472
wait, so you put already cooked rice in a stirfry? how does it work, when you put in? as the last ingredient of the stirfry?
>>
>>7322791
You've seriously never had fried rice?
Where do you live that you don't have any form of Chinese takeout whatsoever?
>>
>>7322655
It could not hurt. Don't feast on it though or it will be a waste of time, I would also opt for two meals but whatever. People live on much worse all the time.
>>
>>7322907
Southern italy, rice is not going that strong here. Care to explain when to put the rice in the pan? After veggies and meat? Should I add oil?
>>
>>7322965
oil → [optional: egg] → diced onion/veg → rice → [optional: meat]

Works best with leftover rice, refrigerated at least a couple hours.
>>
I once did that too OP, had a big tupperware thing of white rice just sitting in my fridge.

So I just cooked up some ground beef and added taco seasoning, then mixed it up with kidney beans, the rice, and shredded mozzarella cheese (not that plastic shit that comes pre-shredded in bags) and put it in a tortilla with some red salsa on the side. Took me less than 10 minutes and tasted comfy as fuck.

Would midnight snack/10
>>
File: rice.jpg (239 KB, 1728x1328) Image search: [Google]
rice.jpg
239 KB, 1728x1328
You could just... freeze it.
>>
>>7323082
Egg goes last you fuck
>>
>>7322791
>>7322965
Rice goes straight from the fridge to the pan/flatop. Oil of choice, I'm partial to olive myself. Frozen veggies shortly after rice. Egg if you want. Soy sauce if you want. Toss. Meat last.
>>
put rice in bowl
fry meat (ham, bacon, ground beef, ground sausage, spam are all good choices)
put meat on rice
fry 1 or 2 eggs (sunny side up or over easy, keep yolk runny)
put egg on rice
add a decent amount of soy sauce
mix it up, breaking the egg yolk while doing so
delicious any time of day
>>
Find a recipe for kheer
>>
>>7323367
This
>>
File: kheer.png (311 KB, 1586x1206) Image search: [Google]
kheer.png
311 KB, 1586x1206
>>7323367
http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/leftover-rice-pudding-kheer/
>>
>>7322444

sweet rice porrage, add some sugar and milk to it, mix it together and reheat it,
>>
>>7323461
that's sort of what kheer is. I like adding some combo of these flavors: orange zest/juice (or orange blossom water if you can find it), dried cherries, almonds, cinnamon, cardamom, and sweet white wine or a bit of a neutral spirit (no reason not to add a splash of vodka to most sauces and stews).
>>
>>7322444
Any stir fry
>>
Overcook it until it turns to paste.
Then form it into shapes or use molds.
When it dries it becomes a pseudo-plastic, and a very good one that if thick enough can withstand weathering.
Before plastics were made from milk (casein), rice plastics were used to make edible cake decorations that had to have a more solid structure than sugar based constructs.
>>
>>7322655
Thats what my mother did with snails. In order to empty their stoimach, she'd leave them for a few days with just thyme and rice. The survivors were cleaned, cooked and eaten.
>>
>>7322444

Egg fried rice with whatever frozen vegetables I've got lying around.

Do be careful not to keep it for to long though as cooked rice goes off quickly and fucks you up badly.
>>
>>7322943
>it could not hurt
right, because white rice has 100% of the nutrition the human body needs daily
>people have lived on much worse
great reason to do it
>>
>>7322655
my mom is allergic to a shit ton of things. in order to find out what exactly, she had to eat white rice only for a week and add things to her diet slowly after that. turns out she is allergic to almost all nuts, a lot of fruits (apples, pears, peaches, plums, pineapple and more), some vegetables. oh, she also has hay fever for good measure.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.