[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people masturbate over Indian curry so much? Thai curry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: suckadickindia.jpg (140 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
suckadickindia.jpg
140 KB, 1000x665
Why do people masturbate over Indian curry so much? Thai curry is objectively better pic related. Also when the fuck did people start thinking of Indian food as healthy?
>>
They can both be good, and both have been touted as healthy - obviously not across the board.
>>
Indian curry is legit good though.
>>
>>7322125
Thai pineapple curry is SO fucking good.
>>
Who thinks Indian food is healthy? When the fuck did people start thinking of Indian food as healthy?

But Thai curries and Indian curries have a different flavour profile. It's unfair to compare them.
>>
i'm so glad none of you mentioned japanese 'curry' LMAO
>>
>>7322228
Goes with the whole yoga lifestyle bullshit. Indian food is usually about half ghee so I don't know what the fuck is wrong with people
>>
>>7322228

this, even Indian people know that eating out in India is nutritionally equivalent to injecting a quart of cream and oil into your veins

of course indian food can be healthy, but this food is usually found in the dining tables of homes

absolutely nothing unhealthy about sambar, idli, chana masala, etc
>>
>>7322298
>the only indian food i know of is half ghee
there are plenty of soups and vegetable dishes without much ghee in them, they also have roasted meats and steamed bread items without ghee.

indian food is pretty varied
>>
>>7322125
Indian curry is shit, Thai curry is best. When I lived in Singapore pretty much all I ate was Thai curry.
>>
>>7322369
This honestly.
>>
>>7322125
>Why do people masturbate over Indian curry so much?
that's disgusting!
>>
I like both.
Just made green curry for lunch.
It was tasty, but so is indian curry.
Both beat meat and potatoes by a mile.
>>
>>7322125
I enjoy Roghan Josht and Lamb Korma. Thai is fine its just often lower quality meat and too spicy for me.
>>
Indian curry actually has a wider range.
Sweet, salty, spicy, hot, creamy, tangy, etc.
Technically a curry is anything in India that has sauce, and curry powder found in western stores is just one of many powder basis for making only a small selection of sauces.

Thai curry evolved from only 3 of thousands of original Indian recipes.

In India, houses, businesses and villages have their own unique version of curries.
>>
>>7322125
Why the fuck do you have to choose one over the other?
>>
> Why do people masturbate over Indian curry so much?

beef madras anon
>>
Thai
>delicious coconut milk goodness
India
>DESIGNATED

Ofcourse its better
>>
>>7322298
I make my indian curries with EVOO.
>>
i'm so fucking bored of these dichotomous circle jerks. everyone loves both indian and thai curries. this is the most boring shit in the world.
>>
>>7323415
>THIS
>>
indian curry > thai curry
>>
I like Thai curry better because it has more vegetables, but holy shit is it all the same.

>green
>yellow
>red
>massaman

And that's all they ever have. At least the Indians could come up with more than four types.
>>
I just bought a book at Hastings 660 Curries has curry from all over the world its amazing and I can't wait to try this Beef and Mushroom wrap thing.

Either way I just made some Tikka masala and I finally fixed the problem Ive been having with the taste. the fucking crushed tomatoes I used Cento? Centro? and it brought everything together. so fucking good.
>>
>>7324803
Most Indian households make it with some vaguely healthy oil too. Honestly using ghee as the de facto fat in cooking can get expensive. But for some dishes like dal a teaspoon of scorching hot ghee with cumin seeds thrown in a second before tossing it in the dal is a must. In south India a small amount of hot ghee is also added to cooked rice. Apart fro this and a few sweets I can't really think of dishes that need ghee.
>>
no such thing as thai curry

the thai word we traslate as curry is kaeng(gaeng), and it covers a rage of dishes soupy and dry, spiced or herbed, with and without chile..... its disengenuous and absurd to call kaeng curry, in fact the thai name for yellow curry illustrates this so well becuase its kaeng karee, or curry kaeng

even in india the idea of curry is nebulous

'curry' is a totaly reductionist idea
>>
>>7325969
in thailand there are way more, plus amongs even these four curries there are regional vrians and sub versions...these are more like mother curries
>>
File: madras-curry-salt-free-1.jpg (215 KB, 800x607) Image search: [Google]
madras-curry-salt-free-1.jpg
215 KB, 800x607
Alright, I'm going to try to make this a curry general.

Is it a sin to use curry powder when making it at home? I don't have access to a ton of fresh spices/herbs, and even if I did I don't make it all the time so they'd go stale quickly.

Also, when doing a thai-style red curry, would it be unusual to add garam masala?
>>
>>7326933
thai red curry doesnt have many spices in it and the use or garam masala would send it in the direction of tasting like masaman
id not add it

only spices it needs are cumin,coriander, and black pepper
>>
>>7326943
>Complaining about the lack of shit posting

Fuck off
>>
>>7326916
I'm sure. I wish places here would have a wider variety, but that's life, I guess. One of these days I'll figure out how to make it, and have something more exciting than yellow curry.
>>
Japanese curry>all
>>
>>7326943

>muh reddit meemes
>>
File: roganjosh.jpg (58 KB, 400x534) Image search: [Google]
roganjosh.jpg
58 KB, 400x534
>>7322125
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/lamb-recipes/rogan-josh/
>>
Indian curry >>>> Thai curry. You must be eating that restaurant crap.
>>
>>7327314
>Japanese curry>all

this 2bh fàm
>>
File: reviewbrah.jpg (262 KB, 1180x1204) Image search: [Google]
reviewbrah.jpg
262 KB, 1180x1204
If you guys listened to the recent VORW show by reviewbrah. He is depressed. I was hoping /ck/ could make him a card to cheer him up.
>>
>>7327314
>>7328222
>being autistic
>>
I make white people curry. It's helping me lose weight.
>>
>>7328863

my mum made a fish curry recipe from good housekeeping magazine today. it tells you to substitute coconut water and ground almonds for coconut milk. it tastes like tinned tomatoes, garam masala and green beans, because that's what it is. it's brown.
>>
>>7328868
I don't make that kind of white people curry.
>>
I don't think anyone has ever implied that Indian food is anything other than disgustingly unhealthy

it tastes amazing but it is never eaten for its health benefits.
>>
>>7328899

it can be perfectly healthy
>>
>>7328863
>>7328877
I do something like this: https://saucymommy.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/japanese-curry/

Basically those Japanese curry blocks with chicken, frozen stir fry vegetables (or if I want fresh I do cauliflower and string beans), an onion, sliced red peppers, and served with rice.
>>
File: Dunno.png (403 KB, 550x350) Image search: [Google]
Dunno.png
403 KB, 550x350
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RCpyayy94w curry's fo fags
>>
ITT people who have eaten American "Thai" and American "Indian" and decided sickly sweet Thai is the only kind their juvenile tastebuds won't reject.

>>7322125
Indian curry is literally spice, vegetables and a SMALL amount of oil to absorb the aromatics. If you use a pan full of Ghee you're doing it wrong.

>>7323415
Only dude who knows his shit beyond sitting in 2/5 restaurants.
>>
>>7329138

indians often use a fuckton of cooking fat dude, tey don't skimp on it
>>
File: 1454025900824.gif (3 MB, 200x170) Image search: [Google]
1454025900824.gif
3 MB, 200x170
>>7327339
>ipes/lamb-recipes/rogan-josh/
>cooks in 2 hours and 40 minutes plus marinating time
>>
>>7329174
[citation needed]

And anyway fat in food =\= unhealthy, especially high monounsaturated oils. It's still the only calorically dense ingredient in the sauce.
>>
>>7329274

i'm not talking about healthy i'm saying they don't use a 'SMALL' amount of oil it's quite often the principal solvent in the sauce. like that 'pan full of ghee' thing is often quite true.
>>
>>7329208

what's the problem
>>
>>7322125
Fuck curry. What you need is turmeric. This is the ingredient that helps wounds to heal and fight cancer.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.