[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best way to cook this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: Spam_can.png (4 MB, 1050x996) Image search: [Google]
Spam_can.png
4 MB, 1050x996
Best way to cook this?
>>
Sodium nitrite shouldn't be heated because it turns into carcinogenic nitrosamines.
>>
How can people eat this shit?

Why not buy real pork and cook it?

Why eat this? I don't understand at all.
>>
>>7321261
fry until crisp
put in mac and cheese, scambled eggs or fried rice
>>7321272
it'll put hair on your chest, Sally
>>
>>7321272
It keeps for years and doesn't have to be refrigerated. So it's a matter of convenience. But when you're cooking it, it does indeed defeat the purpose, which is to be able to eat pork at any time without having to cook.
>>
Fry in butter with sliced potatos, super cheap fag easy meal. Salt to taste. Goes good with garlic in it to.
>>
>>7321328
*too
Fuck me
>>
File: Flickr_Trusty_pics.jpg (287 KB, 668x501) Image search: [Google]
Flickr_Trusty_pics.jpg
287 KB, 668x501
Is this crap any good just cold on a sandwich?
>>
>>7321261
Just open the lid and pour it in the trash can. That should do it.
>>
>>7321261

That was usually breakfast food in my house. Sliced, slightly fried on both sides, served over white rice along with over easy eggs.

However, the Koreans at my middle school actually ate it with pic related. They'd have it in their lunch boxes pre sliced into thin rectangles, lightly fried on both sides. They'd then wrap those pieces of Spam in the roasted seaweed sheets along with a spoonful of cold white rice and eat the whole thing. Pretty damn tasty actually.
>>
>>7321745
I used to put spam in my kimchi jigae
Good stuff
>>
Cut into cubes and pan fry it. Serve with scrambled eggs and toast. Really good change up from bacon.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spkH22pvfcc
>>
>>7321261
Fry it in butter. Melt cheese over it. Serve as a burger.

Tasty.
>>
File: Spam musubi.jpg (346 KB, 1600x1333) Image search: [Google]
Spam musubi.jpg
346 KB, 1600x1333
>>7321745
Sounds like they were eating the sloppy joe version of a spam musubi.
>>
>>7321510
>eating spam cold
>>
One time I ate a can of this with a spoon straigh outta the tin, with ketchup.
I have no regrets.
>>
>>7322225
And you survived to tell the tale.
>>
>>7321261
Fry it
>>
>>7321510
No
>>
Spam Benedict
Eggs benedict but with spam, I made mine on homemade bread toast instead of an english muffin
>>
>>7321272
>real pork
"Spam's basic ingredients are pork shoulder meat, with ham meat added" according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_(food)
>>
File: picZeodOY.jpg (56 KB, 614x434) Image search: [Google]
picZeodOY.jpg
56 KB, 614x434
like this with a sauce for basting
>>
>>7321261
if you have to eat it....sandwich it up. the bread and lettuce will subdue the worst aspects of thsi stuff. also some acid from some sweet pickles.

cut slices, throw in skillet and dark on each side, thin layer of mayo on bread, some lettuce, sliced sweet pickles, sandwich it up
>>
File: 1442273529429.jpg (235 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1442273529429.jpg
235 KB, 1920x1080
>mfw i live in hawaii and can eat spam musubis every day
sometimes this place isnt too bad.
>>
None, use superior ostrich meat instead
>>
>>7321261
when I was a kid we used to steal spam from the grocery store while we were stealing cigarettes as well, and then open the spam and chuck the wad of it at a car window or house window on the walk home. good times.
>>
>>7321328
>Butter
>Salt to taste

I hope you're fucking kidding. Spam on its own has enough fat and salt to flavor the potatoes. Other than that, spam + potatoes + pepper + chives is really good
>>
File: IMG_3382.jpg (1 MB, 852x1136) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3382.jpg
1 MB, 852x1136
>>7322841
for got pick, i made too much sauce
>>
>>7321261
Open the can and dump it right into the trash where it belongs
>>
>>7323056

Aw Jesus don't spill
>>
>>7323056

I'm surprised you trust your cat getting that close to your food.
>>
>>7321261
I prefer it straight out of the can without further cooking.
>>
>>7322894
>muh milennials have it easy meme

If a kid tried that now, they would either be shot by a cop or "hurr standin muh ground" nut, or they'd have about 5 felony charges.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.