[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Celery is vile, and disgusting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: Celery.jpg (895 KB, 3500x2447) Image search: [Google]
Celery.jpg
895 KB, 3500x2447
Does anyone here have a strong hatred for celery as much as I do?

Little background. I grew up in the Soviet Union, a lot of food was seasonal. While we were not poor, or starving, I learned to never waste food, eat everything on my plate, and rely on canned fruit, and shortages of meat during the winter months.
With all of that, I was a very picky eater.

Now I am in my 30's, and somewhere about 12 years ago I stopped being picky. I would eat absolutely anything.
My moto is, if its a food that people eat, and is prepared correctly, I will eat it.
I have ate a lot of "nasty" things.
Balute, dog meat, tarantual, harkal, snake wine, that canned herring, luke fish, etc. Only thing I disliked was Vegemite.

With that, there is virtually nothing that I hate, except celery. There some foods that I dont like. Not a fan of gelatin, and most fish, but I will still eat it anyway.

Celery though. Fucking vile, disgusting, bitter, awful thing. I fucking hate it. The taste makes me want to vomit. I can smell, if someone sits next to me and bites into it, I can taste the fucking air its in. I start gagging.

I fucking hate how everyone uses it in everything. I cant eat half of anything because its always mixed in.
Cant enjoy chicken soup
50% of coleslaw has celery seeds
Salads at delis have it in almost everything

I learned that some people hate cilantro, and its been linked to a genetic thing. I dont hate cilantro, but I dislike it. I still have it on tacos, and Mexican food though.

I am not a super taster, I cannot detect PTC, or Thiorea. Very surprised by this.
I dislike chocolate, bitter beers, dark coffee, tequila which is common in supertasters.
I dont hate those foods, I just dislike them.

Anyway. I never found anyone else who hates celery as much as I do. To me it taste like bitter tree bark that's been marinating in a 60 min IPA, mixed in with dog urine.

anyone at all?
>>
>>7321232
cool blog, comrade
>>
aww poor baby, does widdle babby wans some milky wilky to wash out the icky wicky celewy taste?
>>
>>7321232
I don't like celery, but not as much as you hate it.
>>
Fresh celery is gross, but slathering in peanut butter or cooking neutralizes it
>>
>Doesn't like fish or vegemite
Your tastebuds are worthless anyway, why did you think we cared?
>>
>>7321843
Vegemite is way too salty for my taste.

I dont like cooked fish. I love sushi, or any raw seafood.
oysters, shrimp, ceviche, tuna tartar.
had drunken shrimp once, would love to try ikizukuri.

Cooked fish, where I have to spend more time picking out little bones is annoying, and I dont like it.

Cooked salmon/tuna is a waste, rather eat a better quality of it raw.
>>
I fucking hate celery
>tfw my tuna salad has celery in it
>>
celery is delicious

it's actually one of the few vegetables I'll snack on by itself
>>
>>7321232
>To me it taste like bitter tree bark that's been marinating in a 60 min IPA, mixed in with dog urine.

Sounds to me like this might be genetic. Celery doesn't taste bitter.. It tastes watery and herb-y (hard to describe, but just like you'd imagine a garden to taste).
>>
File: the three horsemen.jpg (121 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
the three horsemen.jpg
121 KB, 1024x683
>>7322074
>It tastes watery and herb-y
ironically I love Malort and Chartreuse, and they are the herbal king.
>>
Pro Tip:

Peel you celery.

The outer stringy layer contains most of the bitter flavors and is the cause of the shitty texture.
>>
>>7322318
>Malort
You unironically like that shit?
>>
>mfw I'm snacking on celery while I read this.

Frankly, I think people who dislike celery are shit tier people.
That said, OP, since it seems you have a rather violent reaction to it, I'd guess there's a chemical in celery that you are allergic to. Because the way you describe being able to smell and taste the air when someone is eating it sounds like a bodily defense mechanism. Just saying.

Celery is glorious, and I eat it nearly every day. It's also actually very healthy for you, and not just because it's low in calories. And it goes so well with so many, many foods. Yum.
>>
>>7322318

>malort and chartreuse in the same sentence

I can sip on Chartreuse all night, but will only take a shot of Malort after I'm already drunk, and then probably agree to eat fast food because I won't even be able to taste anything other than the Malort for an hour.

Now I'm curious what that first bottle is.
>>
>>7322353
>You unironically like that shit?
100% unironically love it.
>>
>>7322360
>Now I'm curious what that first bottle is.
a caramel, soft, and thick rum. its a sipping rum. very delicious.
>>
>>7322367

But is it something that completely throws you for a loop the first time you taste it, like the other two?
>>
>>7321232

>I'm a tasteless dicksucking baby the post

kill yourself OP, and take out some of your fast food worshiping brethren before you do it
>>
Oh my god, just yesterday I was thinking of how much I hate celery.

It is disgusting
>>
>>7322377
its just surprising to taste smooth, easy going rum.

its a great taste.

>>7322379
>>I'm a tasteless dicksucking baby the post
>kill yourself OP, and take out some of your fast food worshiping brethren before you do it

wow, I literally post my hatred for a single food item, and you go all autismo.
>>
>>7322440

>its just surprising to taste smooth, easy going rum

I'll keep an eye out for it.
>>
>>7322440
It's pretty autistic to hate a food item with such passion. I get the same slightly bitter notes from celery that you do. It has a hint of sweetness, but then a mineral taste, irony but almost like the leaves of a garden hedge. Yet I could still tolerate it. I would never choose to have it, but if you are that averse to it, you're pretty fucked.
>>
File: Wot.png (349 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
Wot.png
349 KB, 500x384
>>7321232
>>
snowy winter morning
long walk with the dogs
piping hot celery soup with plenty of salt and parmesan for lunch when you get back

nothing more comfy
>>
>>7321232
celery taste like sweat, its salty and watery just like sweat....ive actually heard people say its sweet or adds sweetness to a dish.
>>
>>7322034
Don't use too much vegemite then

Used sparingly, it's like, as salty as something kinda salty
>>
>>7322485
>dislikes something

>what a fucking loser amirite
>>
>>7322536
Goddamn.....now I have to make some celery soup. You activated my comfyometer.
>>
>>7321232
cooked celery is a great way to bulk up a soup
>>
Na celery is fuckin nice
>>
>>7322461
Its a chicago only thing. I think they sell it in Cali and Oregon, but I didnt see it when I was there.
>>
>>7321254
>global rule 2
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.