[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I drunkenly ordered some chinese food last night. When I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
I drunkenly ordered some chinese food last night. When I was eating it, the peppers had a strange effect on my tongue. It made everything taste very metallic. It wasn't painful or particularly unpleasant, but I had never experienced anything like that. Does anyone know what this is? Please note the picture doesn't necessarily represent what I ordered, it just looked similar.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sichuan_pepper
>>
>>7320498
you ate your fork brah
>>
were you eating out of an aluminum tray? with a fork?
>>
>>7320498
Ancient Chinese secret.
>>
Phantom taste disorder

See a doctor
>>
>>7320505
Sichuan peppers only numb the tongue, not give a metallic taste.

Either OP has a brain disorder or the chinese place is putting metal filings into the food.
>>
>>7320498
i know what you mean OP, the metallic taste was from the booze but the black colored peppers they use straight up taste like gunpowder

the effect of eating them is pretty much the same too
>>
Not gonna lie, could be leukemia
>>
>>7321526
Regardless of his description, in pretty sure it's still Sichuan peppercorns.

People aren't cery good at describing what they're feeling.

Unless it's just the bitterness of dried chillies
>>
>>7320498
>>7321526
>>7321751
It was definitely the rubbery peppers they put in there to fuck with you. I avoid spicy food at chinese places because of those things.
>>
Too much MSG?

Sometimes it starts to taste metallic to me at places that really pour it in.
>>
The ingredients had pesticide on them.

They bought their vegetables from China, and nobody washed.

You have cancer now.
>>
>>7320498
Was the restaurant located in Flint, MI?
>>
File: 1404960991124.png (91 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1404960991124.png
91 KB, 200x200
>>7323085
Y,OP
You have either sensitive tastebuds or you're beginning to savor taste. I recently began a Subway cookie binge and found from time to time the taste of veggie in my cookies. Fucking employees not wearing their god damn gloves.
>>
>>7320498
nigger you ate sichan peppercorns

the metalic taste could be a illusion from the hot chilli, or from nutmeg
>>
>>7323018

Yes, MSG by itself has a metallic taste to it.

So this was most likely what it was.
>>
>>7321588
Ni try, Dr. Pajeet. It's obviously mercury poisoning. Either that or lupus.
>>
>>7323555
that's not true at all
>>
>>7320532
lol
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.