[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these a meme kitchen appliance?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: shears.jpg (21 KB, 600x418) Image search: [Google]
shears.jpg
21 KB, 600x418
Are these a meme kitchen appliance?
>>
>>7320222
are they? I remember seeing them in my parents' house but they were functionally plain scissors during my stay.
>>
>>7320222
Does our answer dictate your decision to use them while cooking? If so, fuck off and die, retard.
>>
>>7320243
I need to know whether they're a meme appliance before I decide if I'm allowed to use them
>>
>>7320222
They are a meme if used to cut meat. It so unsanitary if you don't soak and clean you won't be getting all the shit in the cracks. A simple knife is more sanitary quicker and easier to wash.
>>
>>7320222
No, I have a good heavy pair that cuts the backs out of whole chickens really well.
>>
I use them in place of knives to cut meat a lot because I have poor fine motor skills.
>>
>>7320222
No.

>>7320253
You're a fucking imbecile.
>>
>>7320222
i just use it to cut packages open.
>>
>>7320290
You absolute madman.
>>
Wait, I thought those were just normal scissors. What are they really for? What's with the space in between the handle?
>>
>>7320298
Bottle opener, I guess. I just use a bottle opener but it would work in a pinch.
>>
>>7320298
A nutcracker, effectively.
The tool itself would be useful for prep work, but as far as using it on cooked food.
Nah.
>>
i use them for cutting up leafy veg and herbs by rolling my green into a roll first, works great
>>
>>7320253
You do realize that cleaning them is the entire point of why they come apart unlike normal scissors.
>>
I have the same pair as in the op. At work i would use them mainly to cut the fins off of fish. They come apart so they are easy to clean.
>>
>>7320298
They're meat shears. I use them whenever I'm cutting up raw meat.
>>
>>7320222
Yes but knives are a meme too so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>7320320

you realize you could just use a knife to do it using a fraction of the effort and taking a fraction of the time?
>>
>>7320222
I use them for deshelling shrimp and cutting spines off fish.
>>
Anything but sharpened obsidian is meme-tier anyway. Go prance in a field, knifefags.
>>
>>7320349
Not everyone has $300 japanese samurai knives.

I use kitchen shears to cut pizza, personally.
>>
>>7320222

They're convenient for some things.

For example, suppose you need to cut up a lot of basil for caprese. You could use a knife, but you're lazy. Instead, you can roll up a bundle of leafs and use the scissors to make a bunch of thin cuts off of it.

That said, I mostly use them to open packages of food.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.