[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>walk into bk today for a horrible snack >glance over at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: surge frozen.jpg (197 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
surge frozen.jpg
197 KB, 1024x768
>walk into bk today for a horrible snack
>glance over at icee machine
>what's that green shit?
>wait
>WHAT THE FUCK?

yup, this is a thing
>it was actually quite good
>>
>>7319824
What's the big deal. It's sugar and ice.
>>
>>7319831
>sugar and ice
Please...just leave...
>>
nostalgia bomb in the truest sense. it's been out of production since 1997
>>
File: apple-7.jpg (2 MB, 3172x2709) Image search: [Google]
apple-7.jpg
2 MB, 3172x2709
>>7319831
What's the big deal. It's sugar and fiber/
>>
>>7319855
No one makes a big deal out of an apple.
>>
File: smug.jpg (60 KB, 706x644) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
60 KB, 706x644
>>7319858
>No one makes a big deal out of an apple.
>>
>>7319849
You can order it through amazon.
>>
>>7319865
http://modernfarmer.com/2015/03/fda-approves-gmo-apples-and-potatoes/

totally not a big deal. Monsanto has tested them and the conclusion is that they're safe. Why make a big deal about it?
>>
File: 2-Women-Laughing.jpg (32 KB, 300x269) Image search: [Google]
2-Women-Laughing.jpg
32 KB, 300x269
>>7319870
Believing government and thinking ANY form of gmo is ok
>>
>>7319849
>mfw I've had access to it for as long as I can remember
Gotta suck to be an american.
>>
>>7319824
Probably the best frozen beverage I've ever had to date. It's really good.
>>
>>7319843
His pallate just doesn't have the sophistication to pick up on all of the subtelties that a frozen surge has to offer
>>
>>7319849
saw some of walmart the other night
>>
>>7319901
why am i not surprised that /ck/ is fucking dumb about GMOs?
>>
>>7319901

>being this retarded about GMO crops
>>
>>7319849
It was brought back by normies. My store sells 16oz cans of them for 99 cents
>>
>>7319901
Okay, have fun starving to death, fuckin hippie art student.
>>
>>7319870
>Monsanto has tested them
>FDA approved them

http://ivn.us/2013/02/11/the-revolving-door-fda-and-the-monsanto-company/

No shit the FDA approved them. Do you know how many FDA officials are former Monsanto employees?
>>
>Frozen drink in the middle of winter
No wonder BK is full of fucks
>>
Someone told me that surge has yellow dye #5 in it which makes your pee pee smaller.
>>
>>7322088
Ok, have fun dying from unnatural chemicals in your food
>>
>>7322127
>unnatural chemicals
>most of them are derivatives of natural pigments
?????
>>
>>7322066
>>7322058
>monsanto shills detected
There's a reason the rest of the civilized world is waiting to see what the results show about GMO's in the US.
>>
>>7322177
>derivatives
That being the key word in that sentence.
>>
>>7322280
being anti monsanto is not the same as being anti gmo

GMOs are totally fine
monsanto is basically a villain from captain planet, just so ethically bankrupt it's hard to believe they're real

>>7322285
Splenda is just a sugar molecule with a single chlorine at the very end of the glucose chain
>>
>>7322177
Yea and cocaine comes from coca leaves so that can't be harmful too huh?
>>
>>7322410
yeah and salt has chlorine and that has to be harmful right?
>>
>>7322412
This argument would be more effective if it wasn't for the fact that you actually started this retarded line of bickering.
>>
>>7322416
well, i'd point you to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH4bi60alZU
but you probably think monsanto runs youtube or something and it's all the jews fault etc etc
>>
>>7322422
>you probably think monsanto runs youtube or something and it's all the jews fault etc etc
>this preemptive discredidation
lel. You are sounding more and more desperate.
Are you trying to convince me or yourself?
>>
>>7322422
Everything he said can be used to counter his own arguments.
They're not intrinsically GOOD either.
The reason people are careful with gmos is because they have this thing called foresight and the clever notion of being careful with things you don't fully understand the ramifications of.
>>
>>7322437
generally the anti-gmo crowd has a certain set of world views which being anti-gmo fits into nicely, so yeah.

>>7322449
he covers the spooky spooky factor of "b-but what if this gene gets into gen pop1!!?!" and such
>>
>>7322457
>"b-but what if this gene gets into gen pop1!!?!"
Except that's not at all the question.
Strawman less please.
>>
>>7322457
>"b-but what if this gene gets into gen pop1!!?!"
Thanks for showing us you can't take any topic seriously
>>
>>7322465
suffice to say if you watch that video and are still inherently anti-gmo, there's really nothing to be done for you.

feel free to vote with your dollar when things get labeled as being GMO and you realize basically everything you've been eating is GMO and you haven't had a single fucking problem because of it
>>
>>7322422
Why are these videos so popular nowadays?
Does listening to some asshat speedread a wikipedia article give people the illusion that they've learned something and are now smarter?
>>
>>7322476
>You're either with me or against me
No. I'm not anti-gmo. Never have been.
I'm anti-'oversaturating the market with gmo produce and making the population dependent on them before fully understanding the long term effects they might have on us and our environment'.
>>
>>7322483
that's somewhat more reasonable, but that's an awfully cautious stance to take considering, again, we've been doing this a very long time.
>>
>>7322422
>points him to a video literally proving his point during the end segment
Good job.
>>
>>7322488
Cross breeding is not equal to transgenesis.
Because guess what, the shit that doesn't work during crossbreeding is immediately weeded out and will at worst affect a very small group of people in a local community.
GMO's in the sense that we're arguing these days will almost instantly have national, if not global, ramifications.
>>
>>7322490
which part?
>no credible proof, at all, anywhere GMOs are harmful to humans
>that one shitty study that was basically the research equivalent of clickbait
>how many starving people there are in the world
?
>>
>>7322499
>muh starving africans
>primarily used to force feed animals so americans can stuff their fat faces with bacon
>>
>>7322506
>space programs around the world is a waste
>why spend money to send a robot to a giant rock when africans have no infrastructure

Nice argument retard
>>
>>7322126
I'm pretty sure it affects sperm count, not penis size. And even then only in extremely high quantity.
>>
>>7322926
Yea it might slightly decrease sperm production. Staying in a hot tub essentially does the same thing to you. It doesn't really matter unless you're trying to get someone pregnant or you chug so much dew daily it might impact you. (If you chug dew daily you'll have other bigger health problems to worry about)
>>
>>7322876
what are you even trying to say here
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.