[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please help me fu/ck/s, I need your assistance. I have some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: tilapiayo.jpg (157 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
tilapiayo.jpg
157 KB, 1200x1600
Please help me fu/ck/s, I need your assistance.

I have some tilapia, a whole white onion, fresh garlic, butter, an assortment of other spices as well but I don't know how I should make my fish? I have access to a stove and an oven as well.
>>
Shameless bump. I'm thinking about frying it in a pan with the butter and the garlic but I also want to incorporate some limes and onion with it. Still open to suggestions.
>>
hi,
tilapia is really dirty flavored usually, so overspicing it is a great option. my bf and i eat a lot of cheap fish so i usually make battered and fried ones, or i simply press panko/seasoned breadcrumbs into it and fry it on high

i'd say make little fried fish and then i do sandwiches with coleslaw, or fish tacos
>>
>>7319577

If you can get a tomato, some cilantro and lemon make it vera cruz style. Put a slice of the tomato onion and lemon on the fish with some cilantro and some salt and pepper and wrap it in tin foil and put it in the oven.
>>
>>7319614

Dirty Fish! That's the best way to describe it, thank you! Ok appreciate the response. How should I use the onion, if at all?
>>
>>7319614
>fish tacos

>>7319577
Tilapia is like the cod of seafood.
It shouldn't taste muddy if it's farmed properly (like catfish), but it's pretty bland. Fish tacos sound good.
If you don't want to batter and deep fry, then season heavily (blackening spices) and pan fry, serve on salad.
Or crust with herbs and spices, panko, fried.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (73 KB, 1318x877) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
73 KB, 1318x877
fish tacos
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/08/crispy-fried-fish-tacos-recipe.html

blackened
http://www.nolacuisine.com/tag/blackened-redfish/

panko crusted
see pic
>>
>>7319641
>cod of seafood

idiot
>>
>>7319577
go back to the store and buy the frozen cod instead.
>>
>>7319641
how dumb are you, cod is one of the healthiest fish there is and tastes great; tilapia is just shit.
>>
>>7319932
Yeah but have you tried AquAdvantage salmon? It grows faster then normal salmon, sure it's actually more expensive to license it and farm it, but you wouldn't be able to tell from the label or price at your supermarket. I wonder how they achieve that?
>>
>>7319577
Pesang isa, or Tilapia Sarciado always works for me. Also, you can never go wrong with fried fish.
>>
>>7319906
>>7319932
I feel sorry for you.
It's a fun fight, but a shit eat.
Any rockfish tastes better.
Guessing you are land locked.
>>
>>7320043
>eating rocks
>>
I'm uncomfortable with the term "loin" being applied to fish parts.
>>
File: COD-RANKIN-2.jpg (171 KB, 940x528) Image search: [Google]
COD-RANKIN-2.jpg
171 KB, 940x528
>>7320043
Cod means different things in different countries, friend.
>>
Coat in olive oil and place in a hot, oven safe pan for a few minutes. Squeeze lemon over, and sprinkle with old bay seasoning. Toss that shit into the oven at 350 for a couple minutes, broil to finish (watch it closely or it'll burn). Serve with tartar sauce. Under 15 minutes for a pretty delicious piece of fish (or at least as much so as tilapia will ever be). Consider sautéed asparagus on the side.
>>
>>7319577

Tilapia tends to taste pretty muddy, so I'd blacken it, or, if you happen to have some canned chipotle peppers, chop them up real fine and mix that with some grated garlic, add in lemon juice, olive oil, salt and paprika. Then broil that and make fish tacos or just serve it with some Mexican rice and salsa.
>>
I've never had "muddy" tilapia; it varies from mild to bland. This is just my experience. I usually get it from the local jap grocer, but I've also had it "fresh" and frozen from the supermarket. Never a problem.

Your mileage may vary. There's always someone crying "mud" when it's mentioned, though, so my experience is presented as a counterpoint.
>>
>>7320071
and they all taste similar and are full of worms.
You can call it Pollock if you want.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.