[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your guys' opinion on the end piece of bread? Does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
What is your guys' opinion on the end piece of bread?

Does it go in the trash? Do you reluctantly eat it? Do you enjoy it?

Discuss
>>
>>7319141
Best bit for eat soup or sauces with
>>
>>7319141
My family goes through bread really quickly and they never use the first two and last two slices of a loaf. I use those pieces to make bread pudding.
>>
It's Dad's job to eat those.
>>
Depends on the freshness of the bread

If it's fresh I eat it, if not I feed it to my pet bunny
>>
Please rape my karkhole.
>>
>>7319148
This nigga knows what's up.
>>
>>7319141
>Does it go in the trash? Do you reluctantly eat it? Do you enjoy it?
I use it to keep the next slice fresh, it's constantly flush with the next piece to go.

I don't mind them. If I go through a loaf and need it, it doesn't make bad french toast or toasted bread like for a BLT. It's kind of bleh as a soft fresh sandwich end, though, kind of tough without the toasting step. Ordinarily, I don't finish a loaf before it goes bad or I'm sick of it.

I do toss a slice or two into the food processor for some coarse bread crumbs (or use grater). These crumbs are great on top of a casserole, added to meatloaf or balls, or toasted in butter and garlic for a crispy instant pasta topping. They're not bad cubed and sauteed in oil and butter for some quick croutons for salad or soup.
>>
>>7319141
i don't eat bread that much, so it usually molds long before i get to the end pieces.
>>
Save them in the freezer for desperate times.
>>
eh the ends are good too I like them for soups or sandwiches.
>>
>>7319154
/thread
i also feed them to the birds
>>
>>7319141
I use it for grilled cheese.
>>
generally i find myself eating the end slices as a snack when i'm extremely hungry and starting the process of making a sandwich. i just shove it in my fat fucking mouth to calm the shakes
>>
>>7319218
I know that feel

I eat my snack while I make my snack and when Im done making my snack boom snack is gone
>>
I dry it out in a low-temp oven and grind into bread crumbs. Or cut it into cubes, dry it out and store to make stuffing with later.
>>
>>7319141
i use them for open faced sandwiches. on something like a baguette, i prefer the end pieces more than center cuts. if the bread is good quality, the end pieces are good. if it's poor quality bread, the end pieces usually taste worse than center cuts.
>>
>>7319154
>>7319194

>2005
>still living with your parents
>>
>>7319141

It's the first piece of bread and it's only mate is the second piece of bread. It's the last piece of bread and the one before is it's only mate.
>>
>>7319141
Good for hot dog buns
>>
>>7319141
I typically throw them outside for the birds and stray cats.
>>
>>7319141
My favorite part.
>>
File: pud.jpg (121 KB, 1192x850) Image search: [Google]
pud.jpg
121 KB, 1192x850
>>7319151
>bread pudding.

yesssss.
>>
I fucking love the ass end of a loaf. I slather it with salted butter, eat the fuck out of it, and feel like the hero of the goddamn house.
>>
I normally put a little bit of pb and crushed cereal on it before putting it on my deck for the birds.
>>
>>7319798
I know that feel

You're a god damned martyr anon

Thank you for your service
>>
>>7319141
Excellent base for ice cream sandwiches.
>>
File: Ice-Cream-Sandwiches-520x346.png (239 KB, 520x346) Image search: [Google]
Ice-Cream-Sandwiches-520x346.png
239 KB, 520x346
>>7319806
That doesn't sound like an ice cream sandwich.
>>
I'll toast the end.

If it's too crumbled to toast, I'll pitch it outside for the wildlife.
>>
File: bear2.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
bear2.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
End pieces are 10/10 for toast. So much delicious crunchy crust to it.

ESPECIALLY if you're topping that shit with peanut butter.
>>
I cut off the crust and eat it
>>
>>7319148
I never thought about that, the extra crust would be perfect.
>>
I save it so that both end pieces have to be eaten together. I'll usually just make pb and j with it
>>
>>7319141
Sloppy Joes
>>
>>7319141

I save them, use them as binding agent (soaked with a little milk or water) when making meatballs or meatloaf.
>>
>>7319141
It's s normal slice for me, I like how its a little thicker so I always make a pb&J with it.>>7319141
>>
>>7319141
It's bread.
I eat it.
>>
Toast it and then melt a large amount of real butter so there's a pool sloshing back n forth and then guzzle that fucker down.
>>
Use it to suck the hardness out of cookies
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.