[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a less sweet condiment than sriracha? I like the heat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 50458621.jpg (47 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
50458621.jpg
47 KB, 480x480
Is there a less sweet condiment than sriracha? I like the heat and other flavors, but not the sweetness. Chili paste isn't smooth enough because of the seeds.

pic related: bought these beauties on sale at target for $5 buckaroos yesterday
>>
sage.
>>
File: tabasco.jpg (28 KB, 370x370) Image search: [Google]
tabasco.jpg
28 KB, 370x370
try tabasco it isn't sweet.
>>
>>7318978
It tastes like vinegar though
>>
>>7318968
try harissa
>>
Tenmanjyan is pretty good stuff.
>>
>>7319174
Is that middle eastern?
>>
>>7319312
North African
>>
>>7319533
hmm...I have a bunch of burberry (dunno the spelling) spice because my adopted brother is an etheiopian niglet but no african spices seem very spicey
>>
Sriracha is sweet? I always thought it tasted like vinegar and cheap garlic powder.
>>
>>7319663
it tastes like sugar, chili and garlic with a bit of vinegar.
>>
>>7319639
Harissa is from the Tunisia/Algeria/Libya part of North Africa. As for heat, it's usually made from peppers comparable to cayenne and tabasco peppers
>>
>>7319663
pretty much this, although i feel like the garlic taste is more like 3 day old garlic breath type of garlic
>>
>>7320525
chemically, garlic is garlic dude
>>
>>7320646
no shit?
my point was that it doesn't taste like fresh/roasted garlic or anything like that, it tastes like how you imagine your breath smells like after a few days after eating tons of garlic, not brushing your teeth
>>
>>7320667
garlic tastes like garlic doesn't matter how it is prepared idiot its all molecular
>>
>>7320706
and you are missing the whole point, so congrats on that
>>
>>7320706
Are you seriously implying that different preparations of the same ingredient don't alter the flavor of that ingredient? Are you seriously saying that roasted and raw garlic taste the same?
>>
>>7320713
>>7320712

your receptors will react the same way regardless. learn some biochem you plebs
>>
>>7319113
That's why I buy it a lot.

I love a little bit of sour in my pastas, pizza or whatever.

I even love it in soup. The jalapeno version that is.

>>7318968
My usual to go sauce was Louisiana, it's just perfect for most things.
>>
Are there any other hot sauces that are slightly sweet? It reminds me of the stuff they used to serve with the burritos in school and for some reason I get nostalgic for it sometimes.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.