[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you like your pho?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Pho_in_Saigon.jpg (161 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Pho_in_Saigon.jpg
161 KB, 1600x1200
How do you like your pho?
>>
>>7318368
spilled on the scorched dirt of a napalmed village.
>>
File: bunk.jpg (48 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
bunk.jpg
48 KB, 500x379
>>7318368
I like it with BBQ. I call it - pho Q
>>
>>7318368

with plenty of thai basil and cilantro on top, lots of beef and a little bit of lime. no fucking sriracha tho, that's for burgers and subhumans.

it's the best soup in the world, though tom yum goong from an authentic thai places comes very close.
>>
>>7318382

>tfw vietnamese girl in my college
>tfw she messages me on the book
>tfw talk about food
>tfw I make this lame pun
>tfw she actually hadn't heard it before

it's a shit pun nigga

atleast you gave me an excuse to blogpost so thts smth
>>
>>7318368
I don't like the real thing, only faux pho for me thank you
>>
i like it with tripe and rare beef.. bonus points for chili oil

and even though i know it's supposed to be called fuh i call it foh because all the people who call it fuh seem to be the most insufferable memetards and i want to slap them
>>
File: ducknoodlesoup.jpg (128 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
ducknoodlesoup.jpg
128 KB, 1000x750
Honestly, I'd rather have Bo Kho, Duck with egg noodle soup, shrimp and tamarind soup, Wor wonton soup, or Laksa. Pho is good, but it's pretty bland compared to most other soups from Asian countries, even compared to other Vietnamese soups. Pic related, what I'd rather be eating right now.
>>
>>7318560
>rare beef
don't know what backwater you live inbut it's pretty common round here
>>
>>7318588
5 years ago I would chuckle at your joke but I'm pretty sure the current crop of /ck/ posters are so stupid that you're serious.
>>
>>7318560
>pronounces it correctly
>insufferable memetard

i could understand this if it was the kind of word where a mispronunciation was so common that it had become acceptable, but "foh" is just always and everywhere wrong and simply the product of obnoxious white people who don't like being corrected.

that being said, good taste. i actually just got home from having a bowl of beef ball and rare flank pho. definitely my favorite toppings if the meat is good and the beef balls well made. I sometimes opt for brisket but find that it varies quite widely from joint to joint and more often than not, ain't that great.
>>
>>7318654
Tell us more about the olden times. Was there significantly less shitposting in bygone days?
>>
>>7318772
jack says fuh.. 'nuff said

maybe if i ever ordered it from a place where i had to say it by name i'd adjust .. but you always only ever write a number down on a note pad so i'm going to stick to saying foh because fuh sounds retarded
>>
Hoisin, chili paste, bean sprouts, and a little squirt of lime.
>>
The local pho place I love has great traditional pho with different cuts of beef, tripe, meatballs, etc.

I noticed they also have a seafood pho. Anyone ever try seafood pho before? I'd expect they'd use a seafood stock?
>>
File: 1449986819309.png (105 KB, 265x220) Image search: [Google]
1449986819309.png
105 KB, 265x220
>>7318839
My nigga
>>
>>7318853
More than any other pho I've found "seafood" and shrimp phos to differentiate with the restaurant.

I too expected that they would just use a seafood stock but I've seen it served with beef, chicken, veggie, and seafood broth without any particular consistency. I don't know if any one is traditionally more "proper" than the others..
>>
>>7318368

dac biet with tripe and beef tendon
>>
I like my pho how I like my women...
>>
>>7319015

hot and wet?
>>
>>7319019
And just a little spicy
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.