[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like grill chee? How do you make yours ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
File: 20160128_134113.jpg (1007 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160128_134113.jpg
1007 KB, 2560x1536
Do you like grill chee? How do you make yours ?
>>
I cooked some grill cheese on leftover goose fat recently.
It was pretty great.
You're losing out on a whole world of taste if you don't smear cream cheese on the inside of bread when making those.
>>
File: 20160128_134525.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160128_134525.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
>>7317942
Cream cheese?
>>
>>7317942
>You're losing out on a whole world of taste if you don't smear cream cheese on the inside of bread when making those.
Tried that once. It was ok. I prefer mustard
>I cooked some grill cheese on leftover goose fat recently.
>It was pretty great.
Can't speak for goose fat, but grilled cheese (or eggs, or anything else) cooked in pork fat is super overrated. I can't really tell much of a difference compared to butter. The difference it does make isn't any better, just different, and keep in mind that's coming from someone who loves pork more than at least one of his parents
>>
>>7317942
>>7317964
I didn't know eating geese was common
>>
>>7317921
I like Brie or maybe Camembert in a croissant. Sometimes with fig preserves on top.
>>
Sweet chilli inside, fried in lots of butter.
>>
Bread slicec goes under the broiler until toasty on that side

Flip

Add tomato and red pepper relish, sliced tomatoes, mature cheddar and a splash of worcestershire sauce in that order

Broil until bubbling and browned all over
>>
put aged cheddar, brie and a little white wine in a food processor to make a cheese paste. cheddar doesn't melt well on its own, so the brie helps with that and the white wine gives it some acidity.
>>
thin layer of mayo on 2 slices of white bread, put a slice of American in between and fry in butter, 1 tsp each side minimum.
>>
Substitute butter with mayo you fool.
>>
>>7318374
>cheddar doesn't melt well on its own
>>
>>7318930
I don't know about that.

>>7318936
Is this a common thing for people to do?

>>7319018
Wanted to point that out too but didn't want to be a dick.
>>
>>7319018
aged cheddar doesn't melt evenly.
>>
>>7319094
Yes it does? It doesn't melt quite as well as young cheddars do but it's not like Parmesan or anything.
>>
>>7319018

what is this image supposed to mean?

please
>>
Use Mexican cheese on your grilled cheese. Oaxaca as your base cheese is a game changer.
>>
>>7319107
okay, its not parmesan, but compared to your typical american cheese grilled cheese, an aged cheddar is going to be a lot dryer and if you want to have a more even melt, blending it with some brie is a good option.
>>
>generous portion of butter in pan, melted on medium heat
>bread slice in
>filler on bread
>bread slice on top
>wait
>more butter
>flip
>wait
>done
>>
>>7319112
Looks like it was a captcha that required you to select all commercial trucks.
>>
>>7319120
Fair enough. Seems like an interesting idea, but I only have a massive food processor which would be annoying to use on a single serving. Do you think just chopping them together would work?

>>7319112
I was looking for a reaction image that expressed mild confusion, and I found that image with that filename. I have no idea why I saved it or why it's called that, but it seemed apropos.
>>
>>7319120
Ok, Ok, I'll stop nitpicking. That's fair. And honestly the cheddar-brie-wine combo sounds delicious
>>
What kinds of bread and what kinds of cheese do you guys go for? Other than white bread and American cheese. I'd prefer to stay away from that.
>>
>Butter both sides of bread
>fry bacon on side
>use olive oil/cooking spray + bacon grease to cook sandwich
>use every type of cheese you can find
>when cheese melts while cooking, put bacon on and smash sandwich together
>>
>>7319086
I like a thin layer of mayo inside but I'm not a fan of replacing it on the outside.
>>
File: 20160121_005444.jpg (193 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
20160121_005444.jpg
193 KB, 1024x576
>>7318374
>>7319094
>>7319120
You are correct.
I made melty cheese with aged cheddar and monteray jack cheese last week. Melt it over low heat with some milk and butter, a bit of sodium citrate, blend it and mould.
>>
File: Favourite.jpg (77 KB, 490x418) Image search: [Google]
Favourite.jpg
77 KB, 490x418
>>7319332
Sounds tasty. Good work, anon!
>>
File: gasp1.gif (1 MB, 245x155) Image search: [Google]
gasp1.gif
1 MB, 245x155
>tfw you discover double cream brie and you'll never go back to plain cheddar again
>>
Wasabi is a great addition. So is spinach
>>
either butter or bacon grease
2 tbsp of either
Use toast instead of bread
Cheddar and colby on honey wheat
>>
>>7321633
How about colby jack?
>>
>>7321680
Really any two cheeses works
>>
Dollop of butter in the pan, mayo on the outside of the bread, chive cream cheese and Colby on the inside. Sometimes I add hot pepper sauce to the cheese if I feel like it
>>
>processed cheese is so gross
>try this recipe to make your own processed chese
>omg this is the best
>>
>>7322398
It's shit because it has no flavour and isn't cheese at all, not because it's processed. Plenty of processed things taste better than fake cheese.
>>
>>7322411
I'm sure your familiarity with "fake" cheese (whatever THAT means) extends way beyond kraft singles and fast food burgers.
>>
File: implement.jpg (5 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
implement.jpg
5 KB, 300x200
Pic related is the only way to do your toasted cheese.

Wittles is up.
>>
File: 500-habanero-8oz.png (144 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
500-habanero-8oz.png
144 KB, 500x500
inside and outside grilled habanero cheddar which

the outside is a crusty, buttery texture and the inside is gooey spicyness

fuck I am hungry
>>
>>7317921
idle chee
>>
Thick sliced bread, buttered outside, 2 slices of pepper jack
>>
>>7317921
I guess you have found something that triggers me more than that 'za shitposting. Shabbat Shalom to you too asshole.
>>
Best Grilled Cheese:

>Slices of Sourdough bread with a nice crust
>Shredded cheddar/ muenster or pepper jack
>Herbes de Provence
>Finely grated parmesean cheese
>Olive Oil
>Grill Press

Brush the olive oil onto both sides of the bread until evenly coated. Place into medium high heat. Flip the bread until both sides are hot and then put your cheddar/white cheese/herbs de provence mixture onto one side and assemble sandwich in pan. Put the grill press on top to retain heat and flatten sandwich. once the sandwich is close to done put the finely grated parmesean on to the side for about 30 seconds each until it gets cripsy and wa la.
>>
usually i go for colby with capers and garlic grilled
>>
File: 1411786288302.png (99 KB, 707x279) Image search: [Google]
1411786288302.png
99 KB, 707x279
>>7323250
>>
>>7323278
true
>>
>>7317921

I coat the outside of the bread in MAYO, instead of butter.

inside I go American Cheese, sliced ham, and a little bit of Mustard.

fry it up like normal. slice it from corner to corner and serve with tomato soup.
>>
- Sourdough
- Colby Jack and Cheddar
- Crema
- Fried in ghee [clarified butter]
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.