[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Italian here. I've seen that a lot of people on 4chan praise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 6
File: drpepper.jpg (2 KB, 73x94) Image search: [Google]
drpepper.jpg
2 KB, 73x94
Italian here. I've seen that a lot of people on 4chan praise Dr.Pepper. How is it? Is it different than Coca Cola or Pepsi? Yesterday the local supermarket started selling it.Should I try it?
>>
>>7317199
>Yesterday the local supermarket started selling it.Should I try it?

Jesus Christ no, OP. Never try new, incredibly trivial, things without first consulting 4chan. Best just to lock yourself in a dark room, frankly.
>>
>>7317199
If you've heard a lot of people praising it then you should have a pretty solid idea whether it is bad or good. Don't be a retard.
>>
Dr. Pepper is fucking godawful.
>>
>>7317205
Idk,knowing 4chan it could also be a meme.
>>
>>7317207
Nope, not a meme. Dp is enjoyed by alot of people. Sometimes it gets confused with root beer soda. Please never say it is root beer
>>
dr pepper is more... I don't know.. spiced I guess. I haven't tried it in forever. Might need to rectify that myself.
>>
i dont really care for doctor pepper. it has too much bite for me, after two gulps im already sick of it, same as root beer
>>
It's alright.

It tastes kind of like halfway between cola and root beer, but with a hint of something spicy in there too, many cinnamon. If you've ever had cherry coke, it's a bit like that.
>>
Fuck these people OP, Dr Pepper is great and I say buy a can and see if you like it.
>>
Dr pepper is shit. Rednecks love it tho
>>
it tastes like shit
23 different flavours and it just tastes like ass

it's ungodly sweet and dries your throat
>>
It IS overly sweet, as >>7317398 said. It would be good if it weren't so damn sugary.
>>
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 1032x774
>>7317368
>a challenger appears
>>
>>7317199
Its too cloyingly sweet to me. I prefer the acidic bite of coke.
>>
>>7317199

If it's made with anything but real sugar, avoid it. Dr. Pepper is interesting as part of a recipe for BBQ. But far from essential. Soda pop is for little kids IMHO.
>>
i like it sometimes. Its a bit of an aquired taste. i usually just use it for slow cooking pork shoulder in, comes out nice and sweet.
>>
>>7317199
If it uses actual sugar, then it should be tits. Otherwise, it's worse than coca cola.
>>
>>7317199
Too sweet if you're from Europe. If amerifat you might find yourself adding 10-15 sugar cubes.
>>
>>7317444
>>7317498

Whoa whoa, I've heard you can use soda for Barbeque, but I thought it was just a meme.

Would you guys recommend it? If so, got any preferred recipes?
>>
OP here, bought it. Will try it later.
>>
>>7317199
It is not a cola. That's the mistake most people make. It's an artificially cherry-flavored soda. It tastes like those little cherry lollipops you might remember from your childhood. Dr Pepper is not overwhelming, but it isn't horrible either.
>>
>>7317402
This shit is awful
>>
Op here, i'm back. Tried it.I expected a Cola, but this is ok, I don't like cherry but I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10. It's pretty solid .
>>
It's shit.
>>
>>7317241
>>7317220
>>7317368
It's a black cherry cream soda. All they did with >>7317402 is up the cherry flavoring.
>>
>>7317646
I wouldn't expect a non-american to like Dr. Pepper honestly. I enjoy it myself, but it tastes best from a soda fountain in a big cup of ice through a straw.
>>
>>7317646
How would you rate Coke and Pepsi for comparison
>>
>>7317199
imagine a spiced cherry soda with coke notes and an amazing mouth feel. Best served stright from the can or a glass with no ice ..alone on a clean mouth or with salty foods. if you don't like it like that try it hot. it's the only soda I drink other then rc its unique and leaves a nice wine meats dessert feel in your mouth
>>
>>7317199
>Should I try it?

Why not? Are you that cheap that you can't walk into a convenience store and impulse buy a 2 liter of a popular brand of soda you've never tried before without first consulting a Taiwanese sewing board for advice?
>>
>>7317402
Dr. Pepper already tastes like cherries though.
>>
>>7317199
Yeah, but some cinnamon whiskey in it. Two things I don't like alone but tastes great together.
>>
You guys don't have taste buds. Dr Pepper obviously tastes like vanilla + some kind of fruit (not cherry) + root beer.
>>
>>7320296
Prunes is the old wives tale. Apparently it doesn't contain prune juice.
>>
>>7320300
yeah, prunes are the only thing they officially say isn't in it.
>>
>>7320281
>2 litres
Why would I buy two if I don't even know whether I like it or not? One is enough.

>>7317199
Also Italian here.
Bought some last week. Tried it. I like it but it's a little too sweet. If the sugar gets toned down, I think it would be pretty popular. I don't understand people who drink this stuff daily.
After a bit of it, I decided to use the rest to make Chinese Coca Cola chicken using Dr. Pepper instead of Coke.
Was good.
>>
>>7320285
>>7320296
>>7320300
>>7320302

Dr. Pepper tastes like pepper you fools
>>
>>7320416
No, it tastes like William S. Pepper MD
>>
Quick story about Dr Pepper.

I'm 40. My dad died a few years ago at 71.
He and I drove to Arkansas from Connecticut once when I was a kid.
He was frugal (a downright cheap bastard, mostly) and we packed snacks.
We had a lil Oscar up front with ice and grapes, and a 2 liter bottle of Dr Pepper.
>Stopped at a rest stop.
>A group of 6 soda machines outside, in a hexagon.
>Could see cases of soda stacked in the middle.
>Dad boosted me up (I was like 8) on top.
>I dropped into the middle.
>Lifted a few sixers of Dr Pepper to teh top.
>Stood on the stack of cases to get back on top.
>Smuggled the booty back to the car.

My dad was a good guy, mostly, and went to church. I think he felt like he could steal 'em because they were out there. Makes it hard for a kid to work out right and wrong.
>>
>>7317204
This. Take great care of your shekels.
>>
How about you try it for yourself you stupid tomato chomping fuckfack
>>
>>7317199
Dove si compra? Mai visto in italia ma è troppo buono...
>>
>>7317402
The Vanilla Cherry is the bestest.
>>
JUST DO IT!!!! DP is the best life experience you will ever have its dark sweet and spicy all in the same wonderful gulf
>>
>>7320533
>DP
>dark,sweet and spicy

>DP
>>
>>7317199
>europoors are such broke, spineless cowards that they have to consult americans before spending half their monthly welfare on a scary new product
>>
It's a love it or hate it thing.

Dr Pepper here has around half the sugar of coke/pepsi for some reason. Not exactly healthy but works as a cheat day drink.
>>
>>7317199
Where in Italy?
>>
>>7320556
the run down part, next to the ruins
>>
>>7320550
>Dr Pepper here has around half the sugar of coke/pepsi for some reason.

Where's that? I have a few cans sitting around my desk and the Dr. P is 40 grams of sugar in a 12 oz can and coca-cola is 42.
>>
File: IDShot_540x540.jpg (43 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
IDShot_540x540.jpg
43 KB, 540x540
>>7320550
>It's a love it or hate it thing.

Not really. I like it but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it. Maybe i'll buy a can from a vending machine every now and then. It's pretty comfortably in the between like and hate territory for me. I'd take an ice cold shandy over almost any other soda though when I see it.
>>
>>7320578
Poland. It's 13.6g / 200ml.

Guess I remembered it wrong. It's more like 1/3 less.
>>
Dr Pepper Zero is great in that it's the only diet soda that doesn't taste like shit
>>
>>7320739

Interesting. I didn't know that they made regional variations of the recipe.
>>
>>7317206
Here's your day late reply
>>
Get Dr. Pepper Ten. Has the taste of Dr. Pepper, but less sugary. Easily the best soda.
>>
To me it tasted like almond flavour soda. Pretty disgusting but I don't like almond flavoured drinks in general.
>>
>>7320478
Nice blog 7.5/10
>>
>>7317199
Just order a case off ebay you peter piper
>>
>>7317199
>Is it different than Coca Cola or Pepsi
Its kind of similar but with much better flavoring
>Should I try it
Sure
>>
>>7320478
your broke ass dad had to get his little boy to steal fucking soda? holy shit white trash alert
>>
File: 1451452777368.jpg (62 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
1451452777368.jpg
62 KB, 400x533
>>7317199
just pour some grenadine into a coke and BAM dr pepper substitute
>>
>>7317677

You are an idiot. It is amaretto flavored. Italian OP would notice in a second
>>
>>7320873

If by grenadine you mean almond extract then you are right
>>
>>7317199

>Coca cola is too syrupy
>Pepsi is too sugary
>Dr pepper tastes good but it has an shitty aftertaste.

They're all shit senpai.
>>
>>7320804
Thanks.
>>7320841
Nope. I think it was kind of a thrill for him- he probably thought it was a fun/bonding time with his kid. I thought it was super fun at the time, but I wondered about it later through life.

He was far from white trash, but he was a victory garden kind of kid growing up, and definitely thrifty. He made money, though.

I think it was a goof. I wish I had asked him about it and what his thinking was.
>>
>>7317199
It tastes horrible, but by all means try it.
>>
DOCTA PEBBA IS THE BEST

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2pamf2_dr-pepper-cherry-and-burping_school
>>
Don't let it sit. It fizzes out really quick.
>>
>>7321125
>ripping off some small merchant for a "thrill"
>not white trash
yeah okay.
>>
>>7321346
Well, it was a rest stop, and maybe it was a small merchant who owned them. I don't think he was white trash at all, in that we lived in CT, and had money. But, to each their own.
>>
I obligated to praise Dr. Pepper because I'm a texan.
>>
>>7321374
just like you are obligated to take it up the ass
>>
>>7321392
Yankee fantasies are a bit disturbing
>>
>>7321410
steers and queers, boy, and you don't look like cattle to me
>>
>>7317199
In short:
Dr Pepper is a fruity cola drink. It consists of fruit, with elements of cola. Because it is a cola, it is fizzy, which means it is bubbly.
This of course means that it is filled with bubbles, as are many other fizzy, bubbly colas.
>>
>>7317364
>fuck flavour
>>
>>7320518
oh god yes
>>
>>7317199
WHAT SUPERMARKET?
WHERE ARE YOU FROM OP?
HOW MUCH DID IT COST?
I NEED CHERRY DR. PEPPER IN MY LIFE AGAIN
PLS RESPOND
>>
>>7320550
>Dr Pepper here has around half the sugar of coke/pepsi for some reason.

Negatory, pretty much all mainstream sodas have roughly the same sugar content.
>>
>tfw out of Dublin Dr Pepper
>>
>>7317204
Classic 4 chin, never change
>>
>>7317392
Can confirm, only thing I drink
>>
i'm from new zealand and i love dr pepper. i also love sarsparilla. i cant stand a & w root beer though
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.