[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people eat super hot sauce? What's the point when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 12
File: iipsrv[1].jpg (150 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
iipsrv[1].jpg
150 KB, 2000x2000
Why do people eat super hot sauce?

What's the point when it over powers what you're tasting? My brother dumps hot sauce on what ever he's eating and every time he's starting sweating and looks like he's in pain.

Pic related, he put this on some lamb chops.
>>
it makes you release endorphins. similar to a runner's high
>>
It only overpowers what you're tasting if you're sensitive to it. Nothing wrong with that. It's a little emasculating, but you can easily make up your masculinity in other ways.
>>
the same reason you see so many young men wear shorts every day in the winter- it's a kind of try-hard masculinity posturing whereby one can prove how stoic or whatever the hell they are.

people -can- enjoy food that is as spicy as those hot sauces, but for the most part they're people from south or southeast asia who grew up eating spicy food and developed a tolerance for it, and the spice brings out the flavor of the food. none of the fucking white gingers dripping specialty ultra-hot hot sauce on their fucking quesadillas are doing it for any other reason than to feel cool or impress people
>>
>>7316495
No, lie, when I went to college, there was this fedora neckbeard that wore shorts in the winter without shoes.
>>
>>7316449
They eat it for the challenge. People with friends do all kinds of pointless things just to do them together.

Dunno about ghost pepper, but super hot habanero sauce has its place in batters for frying and such.
>>
>>7316449
dickwaving
>>
>>7316449
So I don't have to drench my food in excess calories just so I can add some flavor to it.
I use a few drops per pan/pot of food, and the bottle lasts for a year.
>>
>>7316449
I ate half a bottle of the Xtra Hot Habanero with a family plate of mac and cheese, hardly could even taste it. It certainly didn't 'rekt' my ass or give me any digestive problems whatsoever.

The next night I had just a tin of jalapeno sardines, not being that hungry, and had hot poop in the morning. I guess it's cause it's a lot of spicy oil.
>>
I tried some ghost pepper sauce with my wings last night to try to be "tough", it just took all enjoyment out of the food. I usually like fairly spicy habanero based sauces, but ghost pepper was just shitty. Not to mention I had burning diarrhea all today
>>
>>7316524
There's this guy on my campus who everyone knows who it is, he wears shorts and a t shirt in the winter and skips down the street listening to his ipod singing Katy Perry at the top of his lungs. I'm kind of impressed by how few fucks he gives
>>
>>7316449
I got a bottle of that once on a whim, destroyed any and all flavor of whatever you out it on, and as far as extreme hot sauces go that stuff is low on the list.
>>
File: Stewie.png (98 KB, 781x987) Image search: [Google]
Stewie.png
98 KB, 781x987
>>7316703
>whim

It's wHim.
>>
Ghost peppers kind of taste like spicy dirt. The flavor is just shit imo

That said, I grew up eating really spicy stuff as a kid because for whatever reason, my dad really liked it. There is definitely a line to be crossed when the spiciness of the pepper/condiment overpowers what you're using it on/in, and there is literally no reason cross that line, it's pretty much the equivalent of a 12 year old mixing all available fountain drinks together to look cool. For something like fucking lamb chops, the line is pretty much at zero
>>
>>7316729
sorry
>>
Because that super spice is the taste I like.
>>
>>7316495
>shorts every day in the winter- it's a kind of try-hard masculinity

We wear shorts in the winter because you weakass niggas heat the building to summer drought temperatures and if we step inside with pants on we will die of heat exhaustion.
>>
>>7316729
More like whers, patriarch cunt.
>>
>>7316759
>we
whom do you mean, autists or manchildren?
>>
>>7316759
This is kind of true. I haven't worn shorts since I was too old to do so before I was too old to do so without looking like a manchild, but by God do most retards overheat their buildings during winter. Holy shit.

I mean, it's like the same temperatures they whinge about in summer are the same temperatures they aspire for in winter. Do the retards in charge of the thermostat have any concept of balance?
>>
i do the same thing i just love everything super shitting hot
>>
I like their scorpion pepper better.

I add it mostly to pizza. I like my pizza hot (temperature), and I feel like the extra spice makes it taste even hotter.

I also like the warm feeling it leaves behind. Best dose is when you are left just on the verge of sweating.
>>
>>7316495
eh.. the reason you see me in shorts in the winter is because I literally am not outside for more than a few seconds. walk from house to car, turn heat on .. nice. walk from car to store... store is heated.. walk back to already heated car... nice.. walk back inside. Pants are was less confortable than shorts and if you can't withstand your skin hitting low temps for a small amount of time you are a bitch.
>>
and I thought fast food threads brought out the autists. Turns out hot sauce really, really brings the autists and manchildren to circlejerk each other.

Now that I think about it this can be a good containment thread for these people.
>>
>>7316449

Hot sauce is cocaine for your tongue, it doesn't overpower anything, it makes everything else more intense.
>>
I made a hot sauce this summer with a 50/50 mixture of ghost peppers and red hot chili peppers that I cooked in the smoker along with a couple of sweet red peppers. It's a nice hot sauce, it's stupid hot but it's flavourful enough that I only need to use a little bit.

To be honest, the part I've gotten the most enjoyment out of has been giving little jars of it to people I know who are into spicy food and watching them suffer through trying to eat it to impress me
>>
>>7316759
>not being able to regulate your body heat
I've literally only seen this in women. I wear jeans all year.
>>
>>7317013
thats because you stay inside all year
>>
On a cold day, when you just can't get warm, and underperforming heating won't warm up your home to comfortable levels, and you're short on money, a bowl of ramen with several drops of the super-hot sauce will get you near sweating from heat fast.

Other than that, it doesn't make much sense on flavorful food, but if you microwave some crappy pizza leftovers, or other crappy foodstuffs a few drops will make them quite palatable.
>>
>>7316592
no. i like heat, but let's not pretend 2 drops of a super hot sauce gives you much actual flavor. the heat to flavor ratio is all fucked up. if you actually wanted flavor from chillies in a sauce then really someone should be making a chilli-based sauce where they've done everything they can to remove the heat, so you can actually experience the flavor of the peppers before the spiciness becomes overpowering.
>>
>>7317013
>>7317025
You should just always wear shorts. When it's cold out, pussies turn up the heat in buildings instead of just leaving it normal. You'll wish you didn't wear your jeans and jacket
>>
>>7317026
This. Hot sauce makes bad food edible.
>>
>>7317026
Reminder that flyover land doesn't have flavorful or high quality food. Anyone who pretends otherwise is just being pretentious and literally wants to destroy America and all that she stands for.
>>
>>7317193
Reminder that you're using like a 5 year old /int/ meme because you're mentally incapable of adding anything else to any conversation.
>>
>>7317194
Found the flyover
Also
>hanging out on /int/
>ever
>>
>>7317198

Yet you still post their shitty memes that weren't that funny to begin with. Congratulations on not being landlocked in baltimore or whatever shithole you're from.
>>
File: spicy.png (204 KB, 364x251) Image search: [Google]
spicy.png
204 KB, 364x251
>>7316449

Intensity, and a bit of masochism. For me it seems to stimulate some sort of near-euphoric (ha-ha) response once the heat is gone, probably similar to a runner's high or something. In this case I'm eating shitty food and sitting on my arse, though.
>>
File: fhsfqqedsgfh.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
fhsfqqedsgfh.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
wife got me these for christmas for a laugh. all stupidly hot, they don't really taste of much. only really used them to feed to a friend who prides himself on eating hot stuff. thoroughly enjoyed watching him dying while trying not to let on that it hurts. he made some good noises.
>>
>>7316852
naw, you just wear shorts because you are fat and fat people have trouble with pants.

I can almost imagine the shorts, too -- fat dude black shapeless 'basketball' shorts? I hope I am wrong.
>>
>>7317321
combat shorts surely. the kind that are designed to be a bit baggy and hang below the knee but are hoisted up high and really tight round the ass on our portly friend
>>
File: received_654961454606244.gif (2 MB, 498x378) Image search: [Google]
received_654961454606244.gif
2 MB, 498x378
>>7316449
It's pretty much the same phenomenom than when i wanted to cook with two of my friends and they wanted to put some fucking jack daniel in everything cause it made them feel cool I guess
>>
>>7317203
Berkeley, actually
>>
>>7316449
Reminder that Cholula isn't hot sauce
It's flavor sauce
>>
>>7316449
Stunt eating.
>>
when i was a smoker i could eat ridiculously hot food, no problem.. but now i'm a bit more sensitive

i went out for pasta dinner with the senpai on my birthday and my aunt gave me some insane hot sauce she found.. i wanted to put a bit on my pasta but it came out waay too fast.. i didn't want to let it ruin my food but holy shit was it hot..

i walked home and immediately diarrheaed
>>
>>7317465
I had one of those guys except it was beer
beer marinated chicken
beer basted steak
he even mixed beer into the fucking pizza dough

ok man, we get it, you drink beer, you're super cool
>>
>>7316449
I like how hot sauce fucks your shit up

You know that feeling when you eat imitation wasabi?

shit's good
>>
>>7317465

They must watch a lot of Epic Meal Time.
>>
>>7317182
Except you look like a fucking tool. Also, have fun if your car ever breaks down or you have to walk through snow.
>>
>>7317221
Assblaster is the only one from that list I've tried, and it's not even that hot.
>>
>>7317820
You've never had beer can chicken, guiness beef stew, or beer bread? Please tell me you at least put beer in your chili.
>>
>>7316658
Do you live in Georgia?
>>
File: 1343-2T.jpg (52 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1343-2T.jpg
52 KB, 300x400
>>7316449
Its good for a change especially to just get some chips and enjoy the heat of course there's also going to be flavor there.
>>
>>7316874
Funny you would say that, hot sauce does overpower food and the original purpose of cocaine was to numb your mouth
>>
>>7316449
U got a good brother

Too bad ur a massive faggot tho....Oh look its OP !
>>
File: 413a2zW6pvL.jpg (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
413a2zW6pvL.jpg
30 KB, 500x500
My brother's always buying these sauces, so I always decide to give them a try.

Most of them are pretty hot, but pic related really fucked me up.
>>
>>7316658

those people are called homosexuals, they're everywhere these days.
>>
>>7317221

those look fucking disgusting... are you and your wife poor?
>>
>>7319210
>pouring hot sauce on lamb chops

Yeah, macho man over here
>>
>>7317321
if you consider 5'11 170 fat then yeah I'm fat as fuck. Get off /ck/ underage obese lad.
>>
>>7319887
they weren't my only present you mongoloid
>>
>>7316449
I keep really spicy hot sauce around for when I am congested. Eat a dab on some crackers and it clears you up real fast.
>>
I like Dave's ghost pepper sauce, once you get used to the heat it has an almost unique flavour, almost like a mango but with more tingle.
>>
>>7317863
Wasabi's different, though. It smacks you in the face but then it goes away. Chili lingers.
>>
>>7316449
I personally prefer my food to be spicy, but not that hot.
I want a punch to be delivered to my taste buds, not my pain receptors.
>>
>>7316495
Oh i just dont like wearing pants, makes me feel like an autist
>>
>>7316449
Because most people actually like hot sauces and have taste buds unlike you and most of the shitposters on /ck/.

I'm the guy that had a thread about a trinidad moruga scorpion sauce couple days ago. The sauce has a really pungent smell and a very special taste. You can taste the actual hot sauce even though it is very hot. I made tortillas and 3 people ate them. Everyone could taste the sauce and the rest of the food without any issues.
>>
>>7320681
>making things up on the internet
>>
File: WP_20160123_19_02_41_Pro.jpg (274 KB, 667x1425) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160123_19_02_41_Pro.jpg
274 KB, 667x1425
>>7320729
Yeah, whatever man.
>>
File: preview-chipotle.jpg (196 KB, 735x735) Image search: [Google]
preview-chipotle.jpg
196 KB, 735x735
>>7316449
I am an occassional hot sauce user. I personally enjoy the heat of hot sauces from time to time, they're especially great over light or fairly bland foods like eggs, chicken, pasta, or rice. I also do not happen to like the flavor of alcohol (which has nothing to do with the burn of higher percent alcohol or the flavor undertones beer, whiskey, etc. I literally just don't like the flavor of alcohol at all), so being able to ingest a little extreme fire from time to time keeps me in check with anybody who thinks hard whiskey is the best man-ticket. Also, Chipotle Tabasco sauce is actually fucking amazing with steak. The smokey undertones of the chipotle peppers with the hint of adobo in the sauce just works incredibly well with beef altogether, I highly recommend it as an honest great flavor enhancer.

>>7316495
As a Michigander that relocated to Texas, I confess that I was one of these "shorts in winter" types. I ever used to take out the garbage and whatnot in bare feet and shorts during winter, even in 3 feet of snow. Why, you ask? Well, a small percentage of me does feel more "masculine" about being able to do shit like that, but honestly the main reason was that long pants, boots, and socks with large snowbanks usually results in soaked pants and socks and snow/ice in the boots gettibg dragged into the house, which I absolutely fucking hate the feeling and mess of. So bare feet and shorts ended up becoming a quick way to prevent soaked clothes for me.

Cold weather never really bothers me either. Grew up a total poorfag with shitty heating in the homes I was in, and in the winter I could sometimes wake up for school being able to see my own breath while in my room. I guess I got used to it a little over time. I love hearing Texans whine about their opinions on what they consider cold and freezing though. Usually gives me a good laugh.
>>
>>7316449
the thing is that it doesn't overpower, your tolerance for it grows.
>>
>>7318690
no, Wisconsin....which makes it even more impressive in the winter
>>
>>
>>7316449
Kills bacteria and boosts metabolism
>>
>>7316495
I grew up with shitty heating and no air conditioning, wear shorts most of the time (besides work really).

Roommates are pussies who crank the heat/ac and waste energy, don't go out if it's too hot or too cold.
>>
File: 20160113_013553.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160113_013553.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
>>7316456
This. After years of smoking I can barley taste spicy anymore. OP's insanity sauce is pretty good, so is Dave's ghost pepper sauce but my favorite is pic realted
>>
File: OJ-Jamaican.jpg (515 KB, 1365x2048) Image search: [Google]
OJ-Jamaican.jpg
515 KB, 1365x2048
>>7321169
Also wanted to note that pic related is one of my favorite sauces I've ever tried. Not super searing hot but it has a nice kick and it's backed up with sweet hints of pineapple and jamaican jerk seasoning, and it goes particularly well with fish.
>>
>>7318670
You're projecting pretty hard there. Why don't you take care of your things and plan ahead?
>>
>>7316449
i love the feeling

i put hot sauce on everything too, but i dont like the ultra hot sauces, tabasco is basically around where it starts getting uncomfy levels of spicy

just thinking about hot sauce makes my face start sweating
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.