[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how does /ck/ season and cook there pork steaks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: imgp2514.jpg (199 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
imgp2514.jpg
199 KB, 640x480
how does /ck/ season and cook there pork steaks?
>>
>>7315637
Where pork steaks?
>>
>>7315640
i just wanted some ideas... not a grammar lesson. but thanks for it anyways. so when/if you cook pork steak over THERE at your house how do you cook/season them?
>>
never heard of pork steaks only pork chops
>>
File: IMG_3861.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3861.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7315655
>>
>>7315637
I marinate them in mesquite liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce over night.

They're great for grilling.
>>
>>7315637
Fuck yes pork steaks are the master steak! Aside from ribeye and filet and strip...
I sprinkle them in Morton Season-All before grilling them. Other times, I'll marinate in some Dale's seasoning for an hour or so.

For those of you that don't know, it's pork shoulder sliced into about 1/2 thick slices which resemble steaks. It's dirt cheap and fucking delicious. I thought it was an Alabama thing until I met a buddy in STL that also has an affinity for the wonderful pork steak race.

And yeah OP you got shitty grammar but I understand this is just what my fellow southerners talk like.
>>
>>7315829
pork steaks are one of my favorite meats to eat. I was reading on here and someone had recommended seasoning with some italian seasonings and olive oil and pan fry them.

good to know my southern kinfolk understand my grammar as im from tennessee
>>
>>7315637
Heat mostly
>>
I leave them in my fridge until they start to turn. Best way to season a mamal.
>>
>>7315637
black pepper and ketchup.
Hell, you barely need the pepper.
Just remember that pork tastes the best when it's well done, and for anything well done you want to cook low and slow.
>>
>>7315961
>>7315977
>in a microwave with velveeta cheese, ketchup, and A1 steak sauce.
>>
>>7315637
salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and flour. mix that shit up good then toss in a ziplock bag along with the porksteak, shake off excess and into a hot skillet
>>
>>7315981
>he's never had pork cooked medium
yeah for big hunks of pork shoulder/butt low and slow it is, for thinish pieces like porksteak, medium high heat to put a nice crust on it and leave a little bit of pink in the middle
>>
At the risk of sounding meme-y, my current favourite is just salt and finely powdered chipotles but I grew up eating porksteak seasoned with fresh garlic, dried rosemary, dried zest of lemon, peppercorn and salt. That or paprika and salt.
In the case of chipotle, I deglaze with pork stock for a pan sauce.
With garlic/etc, deglaze with lemon juice and water.
With paprika, after searing the steak, add flour and even more paprika to the cooking fat to make a roux then add sauerkraut and thinly sliced onion before topping off with veg stock to make a gravy. When serving, drizzle with thin soured cream.

>>7315846
I am from Italy. The garlic/rosemary/etc mixture is typical of pork and chicken in my region.
>>
>>7315986
Fuck you, I'm serious. Do you not age your meat? Many foods get better as they spoil, and won't make you sick if you're not retarded. I mean, it's not like proper ageing, but it's good.
>>
>>7315997
The cuts OP showed weren't very thin to begin with - they'll cook fine in a crockpot.
The medium heat with a nice crust and pink in the middle also doesn't allow much room for outside moisture - add any vinegar or soy in there and it'll just come out like chicken breast. I dislike chicken breast, if I wanted chicken breast I'd slather it in other things that actually had flavour to it, I would never want my steak to come out like chicken breasts. If I don't add any vinegar or soy or something else that creates magic with that wonderful lard, then I end up just asking myself why I didn't cook a beef steak instead.
>>
>>7316017
you're weird and hard to understand
>>
>>7316009
no i dont age my meat... i have a family of 4 and were not poor, but we are certainly not rich... so when we buy food it is to eat.. not to "spoil'
do you even adult bruh?
>>
Flattened, breaded, shallow fried.
>>
>>7316023
It's like I always say - there's a million different ways to brown meat; in an oven, fryer, on the grill or on a pan, but there really aren't that many ways to put moisture back into the meat.

A lot of the ancient pork seasoning mixes are actually "excessive" for modern pigs - modern pigs, especially yorkshires, don't have much of a foul taste to them (especially when slaughtered as young as they are in an industrialized setting). In older pork recipes (most of which are still around today), you will see a lot of strong spices like rosemary (in the west) and star anise (in the east). This is basically the wrong approach to modern pork cooking.

Modern pork is about how you can abuse the wonderful nature of lard (without going overboard, of course). Alcohol, tomatoes, vinegar, various vegetables, even sweet ingredients can all benefit from lard if applied properly.

Simply dumping a pork steak into a pan then waiting for it to be "almost" done isn't going to cut it. It's something that's been enabled through our modern practice of animal farming, but to pretend that it's the ideal way to cook pork is laughable.
>>
>>7316053
sounds to me like you just flat out don't really like pork
>>
>>7316054
Am I really understanding this correctly? Are you really a fucking pork "purist"?
The best goddamn animal fat in existence that goes with everything, and your choice is to enjoy it as it is?
>>
>>7316062
sorry bruh but if you're trying to drastically change the flavor instead of just accenting it then odds are you don't really like it to begin with
>>
>>7316068
cooking drastically changes the flavours of everything you touch
unless you're a goddamn sashimi chef or some vegan fuckwit then you'll end up applying enough heat to your ingredient to make them taste like something else entirely.
Even steamed vegetables taste entirely different from their raw counterparts
To use "the original flavour of pork" as an argument is asinine and I'll have no more of this senseless conversation, good day.
>>
>>7316088
you're the one going wild bruh, simple salt pepper and pan fry is fucking fine, and if you don't like it that way, then you probably don't like it period, just admit you don't like pork and embrace allah
>>
>>7316038
Fair enough, but it's perfectly safe to eat if you keep your fridge clean, like an adult.
>>
>>7316088
Did you just rage quit /ck/?
>>
>>7316088
>cooking drastically changes the flavours of everything you touch
>unless you apply enough heat to drastically change the flavour of everything you touch
dude your so mad that you're not making cents
>>
File: monsters_csg316_the_mole_people.jpg (99 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
monsters_csg316_the_mole_people.jpg
99 KB, 1024x768
>>7316103
>pan frying pork steak is enabled through our modern practice of animal farming
>but to pretend that it's the ideal way to cook pork is laughable

>>7316152
>you will change the flavor of meat unless you serve it raw or are vegan

If you're going to bait, at least pretend you know how to read, you fucking niggers.
>>
Pepper, Mrs. Dash seasoning, brown mustard
>>
>>7315637
I would Google a recipe for sweet Vietnamese glazed pork chops with lemongrass and brown sugar. If I'm not ordering pho I'm usually ordering those.
>>
>>7317039
You may change the flavor of the meat on the outside but that's why you only cook it rare.
The inside remains the same juicy beautiful piece of meat.
Also to believe that you understand the one true way to cook something is a bunch of shit in the first place.
You sound like those restaurant owners who tell you that they know what you like better than you do.
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>7315637
What's the difference between a pork steak and a pork chop
>>
File: 1444698085265.gif (910 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1444698085265.gif
910 KB, 250x188
>>7317704
lol I'm genuinely sorry someone thinks that the way your mommy made pork for you when you were a fat little shit isn't the best way to make pork.
I really do feel bad to upset your world-view like this. Btw I'm not the guy you were originally arguing with, I just needed to remind you that you're a waste of space.

The person said that completely utilizing lard by seeing how it meshes with other ingredients is a great way to get the most out of pork shoulder. He gave background and reasons to substantiate his argument.

You responded with
>simple salt pepper and pan fry is fucking fine
>if you don't like it then you don't like pork, blah blah blah i can't stop shitting out of my mouth holy fuck

I was assisting you in your lack of reading comprehension to remind you that yes, he said it did think it was fine. But that it very much could be cooked better than that.

Though I guess I can't really expect much from people like you. and in the end, I don't care who's right. Pork steak could taste much better than wasting thought on rendering out the lard. I just needed to say something because your piss poor retorts to a person that might have actually had something intelligible to say is what lets this board remain a shit stain
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.