[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dishes that make no sense to make at home unless your time is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: ramen.jpg (475 KB, 622x467) Image search: [Google]
ramen.jpg
475 KB, 622x467
Dishes that make no sense to make at home unless your time is worthless and you want to spend more money than buying the dish at a restaurant
>>
>>7314235
>Dishes that make no sense to make at home unless your time is worthless and you want to spend more money than buying the dish at a restaurant
who /punctuate/ here?
>>
Depends if you have a good ramen place nearby though. Also if have a lot of freezer space you can make and freeze broth, charsiu and make essentially instant ramen that taste pretty nice. But yeah it does take time, and depending on the type of broth it can cost quite a lot.
>>
barbecue sauce
there is literally nothing wrong with using store bought sauce
>>
File: meat.jpg (224 KB, 1400x788) Image search: [Google]
meat.jpg
224 KB, 1400x788
bar b q
>>
>>7314264
The difference between jarred tomato sauce and homemade is night and day.

Every time I've made BBQ sauce at home its either been as good as the bottled stuff or inferior. The only reason I even try is because the Jack Daniels sauce at TGIFridays is amazing and the bottled stuff while good taste nothing like it. But I just can't come close
>>
all the dishes that require some special ingredients that cannot be bought in small amounts and you really need just a little bit of them to make the meal authentic ..also you cannot use those on daily basis since they are pretty specific
>>
and also dishes requiring special equipment, like kebab for example
>>
File: belmer.jpg (5 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
belmer.jpg
5 KB, 251x201
>>7314299
>special equipment
You think a skewer is special equipment?
>>
File: ben-doner-pde-503_base.jpg (120 KB, 900x1169) Image search: [Google]
ben-doner-pde-503_base.jpg
120 KB, 900x1169
>>7314310
Yes dumbass
>>
>>7314322
You don't need one of those to make a kebab.
>>
pho
>>
>>7314299
>>7314322
>they don't own a Der Gerät
>>
>>7314335
yea, you can spend half of the day holding a skewer and rotating it slowly ...
>>
>>7314356
I think they're just being pedantic about the different kinds of kebab, i.e. shish kebab vs. doner kebab.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.