[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's that diet going, /ck/? What's the best way or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: antonego.jpg (49 KB, 620x336) Image search: [Google]
antonego.jpg
49 KB, 620x336
How's that diet going, /ck/? What's the best way or method to eating less while feeling satisfied?

Before you shoo me away to /fit/, this is not about gains or health. In the spirit of pic related, how does one go about "enjoying" food without eating 10 servings of it every time you sit down?
>>
Eat slowly. Drink a lot of water. Don't gulp it down, just have it on hand always and continuously drink it throughout the day. Pause between bites to drink more water. You might be surprised by how little you actually drink while eating a meal, but maybe that's just me because I realized a while back that I tended to focus on eating everything and then just took a few sips. Eating slower and staying hydrated are two of the most effective things I know.
>>
>>7312944
I had to come to grips with this one when I hit middle age and becoming a fatshit happened to me slowly over several years. Breaking my patterns of enjoying food were impossible so I needed to find something other than eating myself to death or becoming a monk.

I did start exercising on a regular basis, but that was just to keep things moving along (and it sucked at first). Exercise won't help you burn off a rich diet unless you labor like fuck for hours a day.

To me counting calories was unsatisfying and drained the joy from life. So instead I identified the most calorie rich foods I likes and made them once in a while foods. This included fried foods, meat and dairy. Left with beans, olive/peanut oil, vegetables and grains (in moderation, because you can be a fatshit eating mostly grains) I figured out what the fuck I would eat on a day to day basis.

It turned out to be mostly Asian (especially south) and Mediterranean dishes that leaned vegan friendly most of the time. Then whatever I felt I was missing once or twice a week to round things out. I dropped 60lbs, got off cholesterol meds and have stayed this way for nearly five years. Did have to re-learn how to cook, but that only took half a year or so.

Filling up on well seasoned/spiced dishes loaded with vegetable fiber makes it hard to miss food loaded with meat/butter/cheese very often.
>>
I've replaced solid breakfast with an 80 calorie miso soup, normal lunch and veg+small amount of chicken/beef Monday to Friday. Normal weekend. Losing a kilo per week without giving up alcohol.
>>
Before every meal drink two glasses of water. Makes you feel full faster.
>>
I used to eat quickly and would eat more because of it. Like >>7312953 said, I be sure to eat slowly, chewing thoroughly and taking frequent sips of water between bites. No more watching shows while eating, I focus on actually enjoying the meal. If you're listening to music while eating, it can affect your pace; listen to something slow and relaxing.
>>
eat low fat food only. no cheating. avoid sugar as well, and pasta.

I eat beans and wheat bread mostly. I never feel hungry and have tons of energy. I only eat twice a day, and don't snack.
>>
>>7312944
Fasting is pretty great. Don't eat until afternoon. Have a cup of coffee in the morning. Drink a bunch of tea or whatever low to no calorie drink you prefer. Eat a huge meal when you get home. Your stomach will have shrank and you will feel more full much faster. It's really easy and convenient. Get used to feeling hunger. Rise to the challenge.
>>
I have a cup of tea in the morning for breakfast, and a single sandwich for lunch.

Then I'm free to have whatever the fuck I want for dinner, as long as I don't completely overdo it I can have a very satisfying meal.

Sometimes during the weekend I will sleep in late and wake up at like 12, it's no hard effort to not eat anything for lunch and then have myself a fast food burger with fries and a milkshake, that's like 1400 calories in one sitting.
>>
Low carb high fat.
Scientifically proven to be a healthy diet. Literally a cure for many diseases or conditions.
Lost 30lbs in two months without any other changes. Feel full as fuck all the time, more energy, better sleep. Also more intense orgasms.
>>
>>7312944
Cut down on sugar and carbs, raise your bloodsugar, which causes release of insulin, which makes your brain unable to detect leptin levels in your blood.
Leptin tells your brain you're full. Look it up. Google ob/ob mouse
>>
>>7314839
>no pasta
>wheat bread
>rise to the challenge

Never gonna make it. Just gtfo.
>>
don't drink calories

make food at home out of fresh meat and veg

no pre mades!

that's about all i got
>>
>>7312944 (OP)
The more you cook something, the less calories you spend on digesting it. Also depending on your gut bacteria and other factors, different foods have different effects on fullness. A balanced diet, that satisfies all dietary needs (vitamins etc.) gives you a feeling of fullness.
>>
>>7312944
Ive learned to eat no breakfast/very light one(a piece of toast and coffee), eat a medium lunch at noon or a large mid afternoon meal. A decent sized dinner if I had a noon lunch.
Also cardio workouts
>>7312953
and this
>>
Breakfast like a king.

Lunch like a prince.

Dinner like a pauper.

Front loading your diet isn't about muh hunger, pampering that special snowflake fat belly... It's about getting the bulk of your nutrition as early as possible in the day so that you have a fighting chance of getting those excess calories before bedtime.

And hey, if you're not really hungry earlier in the day, that's even better, you won't overeat. Just don't be an idiot and cream a bunch of shit in your face late in the day to make up for it.

And amen to that idea of "don't drink calories". That sounds fuckin reasonable to me.
>>
>>7314861
I've found it pretty much impossible to maintain a flat belly on high fat. At least if you are eating mainly carbs they don't go straight to fat storage, you can burn them off
>>
>>7312944
go paleo or low carb and your body will naturally restrict you to ~1500 calories a day
http://www.ergo-log.com/paleodiet.html

you can drink green tea throughout the day to completely obliterate your appetite. i just had my fourth glass for today and not only have i not had a bite to eat, just the thought of it makes me kind of queasy

good luck m8, you can do it. i'm down 45lb since thanksgiving
>>
File: 1449179263080.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1449179263080.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
Eat foods that have stronger/spicier, or otherwise more satisfying flavors, then you can eat less and get more satisfaction.
>>
>>7315061

mate i don't think dietary fat goes straight to fat storage, pretty sure it is still digested as normal
>>
>>7315061
>being this retarded
>>
>>7315070

The reason this pizza is so satisfying is not because of the strong flavours, but because of the high levels of fat in the anchovies, olives and cheese
>>
I've lost ~45 pounds so far. I haven't really been "dieting" as much as I've just been counting calories and trying to stay under 2,000. I still eat things I probably shouldn't eat now and again, but counting calories has really made me more aware of what I'm eating.
>>
File: 1436108720119.png (561 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1436108720119.png
561 KB, 1000x1000
>325 lbs when I was 18 years old
>About to turn 20
>Currently 210lbs

Did it by counting calories, moving to a rural area where I need to walk 60+ minutes every day or 90+ minutes if I need groceries, and becoming involved with far-right ideology that gave me an appreciation of aesthetics, simple food and fitness.

I'm also vegan
>>
>>7312944
i usually just eat a tangerine or some other fruit in the morning then wait til dindins and eat a larger meal. get to eat whatever the fuck i want for dinner and i still lose weight, its nice once you get used to being hungry for half the day
>>
>>7315105
Are you the fatass that was microwaving cheese and sausage?
>>
>>7315105
>moving to a rural area
>far-right ideology that gave me an appreciation of aesthetics, simple food and fitness
This sounds thoroughly delightful, can you elaborate?
>>
>>7315105
I'd appreciate some more details as well if you don't mind, especially regarding the ideology.
>>
File: American_bison_k5680-1.jpg (1 MB, 2700x1761) Image search: [Google]
American_bison_k5680-1.jpg
1 MB, 2700x1761
Its going good. Just eat a lot of low calorie yet filling food. I'll premake large portions of stuff like kabsa styled lentils, potatoes, rice, refried beans to make burritos. Then I'll also buy some fruit and rotisserie chicken. I'll usually cook something different up for dinner. Such is life of a poorfag. but the main thing that helps out is not having any junk food around the house.
>>
>>7315105
>>7315225
>>7315220
>LOOK AT MEEEEE, I'M A COOL NEO NAZI
>>
I cut soda out of my diet and lost 8 pounds just because of that.

5 more pounds to go until I'm not considered a fatass.
>>
>>7315072
>>7315075
When you consume dietary fat the amount you can use immediately goes into the bloodstream and any excess (read: a lot if you are eating high fat low carb meals) goes directly to fat storage. The reason native diets are heavy on carbs is because they are simple a more readily available energy source. Fat is more efficient because it is stored but that doesnt help you to lose body fat.
>>
>>7315339
You're overlooking the fact that Insulin, the fat storing hormone, is only released when blood SUGAR levels spike quickly, like you would on a non-lowcarb diet. If insulin is not released, your body continues burning fat.
>>
Water before and after every meal (also good way to do your 8 glasses of water a day...you ARE drinking 8 a day, right?)

More fiber

Limit carbs

If I don't walk a mile a day, I don't eat dinner

I lost some weight, down about 30 pounds over a year. Nothing extravagant, but it's nice.
>>
cook in bulk. choose your favourite meal, make enough for 4 medium-sized dinners on monday, then divide it into air-tight lunchboxes in your fridge to have throughout the week

less carbs, more veg
>>
Senior year of high school I stopped eating school lunches because they were fucking terrible and I was too lazy to bring my own. So l lost 45 pounds in 4 months by
1. No breakfast and a pretty much sub 200 Cal lunch if any
2. lots of water
3. One serving for dinner of whatever
4. Football ( so excersise I guess)
5. And I couldn't drink alcohol cause of football so that got cut out till the end of season
6. a lot of self loathing

There ya go
>>
For dinner had a avocado-oil grilled spinach wrap with grilled chicken, baby lettuce and Mexican cheese, and steamed broccoli and 60% less fat Country Crock
>>
Depression and video games usually make me lose weight.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.