[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should I do with leftover kimchi juice? Been eating it for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Kimchi-5.jpg (292 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Kimchi-5.jpg
292 KB, 900x600
What should I do with leftover kimchi juice? Been eating it for a few months now and I always feel bad for throwing out all that flavorful liquid.
>>
>>7312684
Add it to soups/broths
>>
>>7312684
Boil rice in it.
>>
>>7312690
I'm not a soup person.

>>7312692
sounds interesting. any other additions to it?
>>
Marinate some meat in it.
>kimchi pulled pork
>>
>>7312696
>sounds interesting. any other additions to it?

kimchi?
>>
>>7312709

I've seen cheese, eggs, seaweed, and sesame seeds/oil usually at places I get some kimchi rice at.
>>
>>7312684
Mix it with a bit of sugar and corn starch then sautée some veggies in it. Fuckin' dank.
>>
Kimchi is a side dish, its meant to be something you use to cleanse you pallet while eating. The juice can be used for lots of korean dishes. Make kimchi fried rice and add the juice. This is a staple of Korean bachelor cooking.

>Short grain rice
>Kim (dried seaweed)
>Sesame oil
>Gochu jang (Pepper paste)
>Soy Sauce
These are the staples for being a single man who sucks at cooking in Korea. mix rice, soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper paste. Then grab it with the sheets of seaweed. Or do the fried up version of this and add the juice while frying.
>>
>>7312684
Simmer it down 'til it's almost a syrup, mix it 1:2 with gochujang and you have a wonderful dip.

Freeze it in icecube trays, use when you have to add a bit of kimchi flavor to a broth/sauce, or if you accidentally screw up and drain the jar of the stuff, dumping the juice down the drain. Or if you wanna spice up a soup.

Or you can use it as a starter for homemade kimchi. You have a flavor base to shoot for, add chilis, ginger, salted shrimp and other flavorants until you hit where you want. Combine, add cabbage, jar and refrigerate. Voila, after the ~$20 startup you have the supplies to make enough kimchi to fill a coffin, minus the cost of cabbage.

>>7312849
I'm somewhat surprised some garlic doesn't make its way in.
>>
>>7312684
Drink it like pickle juice, seems like kimchi juice would be good for a hangover.
>>
File: korea speaky people.jpg (74 KB, 505x290) Image search: [Google]
korea speaky people.jpg
74 KB, 505x290
Add it to your ramen when cooking. It helps flavor the noodles.
>>
>>7312684
Can it be used to marinate meat?
>>
>>7313142
Yes, very well. Be warned, it WILL change the color of the meat. Honestly, I'd add a touch of sugar to it to aid in browning but that's just me.
>>
>>7314553
so what exactly should i marinate with? just some of the kimchi juice and sugar and thats it?
>>
>>7312684
Add it to the brine for some pickled eggs. Makes a good after-work snack with a big glass of beer.
>>
You can use it to disinfect wounds, or stockpile it to sell at exorbitant prices when there is another outbreak of SARS.
>>
>>7314985
Yeah, pretty much. Anything else seem good?
>>
This isn't really common but I always do kimchi enemas with the leftovers
>>
>>7312684
>Fry wings
>Make buffalo sauce
>Add kimchi juice to sauce
>????
>PROFIT
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.