[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1446606241889.jpg (60 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1446606241889.jpg
60 KB, 720x960
Hey /ck/
I need some advice.
I am applying for a kitchen job near my area. Nothing major, but a prep cook (chopping shit up, cleaning around) anyway I have no prior experience except the things I make in my kitchen. I am pretty handy with a knife and can work quick. Does anybody have advice on what I should say? Or has anybody been in the same boat? thanks
>>
>>7312439
You can start by learning how to use a pan.
>>
>>7312439
Just say you worked at McDonalds for a year when you were a teenager
>>
>>7312439
Im in a similar situation. Except I've got shitty confidence and 3 year training.
Too much of a bitch to call a restaurant and ask for a job.
>>
No worries OP. Restaurants hire prep so they can train them their way from the ground up. They'll show you how they want it done, do it exactly that way. You can joke around with the other cooks, but go easy the first few weeks. You're the bottom of the totem pole, so expect to eat some shit and laugh about it. The dishie that's been there for a while has more rank than you.

Show up on time, clean, ready to work. Don't stand around waiting to be told what to do, clean if you don't know what else. At least wipe off a counter, put some clean dishes away, something.

Don't call in sick. Show up and let chef decide. I don't give a fuck how hungover you are; the rest of the cooks got more fucked up than you and still soldiered in. No call, no show? Don't fucking bother coming back.

Above all else, find literally any other line of work. There is exactly two reasons to work in the kitchen: you fucking love making food, or you think dick jokes in Spanish are the best thing ever. There is literally no other reason to choose this as a career, which is what it becomes when you're thirty and don't know how to do anything else.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.