[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Working with Food Plebs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
Anyone else work with total flyovers?

Here's how a recent conversation with co-workers went

>how was your weekend anon?
>pretry solid. Found a super good Mexican restaurant. Had some authentic tacos with nopales and everything.
>what the hell are nopales
>oh it's like some cactus. Texture is weird but when they grill it up its not terrible.
>HEY GUYS DID YOU HEAR ANON ATE CACTUS TACOS
>get ripped on all week for eating "cactus tacos"

Or another one

>what ya eating for lunch anon
>just some chicken that I coated in coconut flakes and fried up. Got a little spinach too.
>Oh don't tell them that. You're already catching shit for the tacos

This is literally nothing crazy. I like my co-workers but Jesus not every meal is a lean cuisine.
>>
Im a me/ck/anic who works with dudes who eat mcdonalds and pizza every day. The only guy who cooks bomb food is the afghani whos mum cooks for him
>>
>>7311572
>look at me i'm eating authentic mexican food
>"well, it wasn't terrible"
lol
>>
Fucking cactus eater
>>
Lol they put the cactus on there as a joke anon.
>>
Ya cain't eat a cactus, anon. It's got them there little spikeys on it that will poison ya if they getcha.
>>
>>7311572
Lol I would make fun of you too
>>
File: nopal.jpg (50 KB, 540x369) Image search: [Google]
nopal.jpg
50 KB, 540x369
>>7311636
>>7311607

It was on the side. It's a kinda popular thing down there I guess. I was the only white dude in line and all the other mexicans were eating them.
>>
>>7311592
I mean they asked. It wasn't like I was going on ranting about it.
>>
my office is full of Frat meathead dipshits that my boss hires because they were in the same fraternity that he was back in college. They tend to get triggered by vegetables

>hey anon what did you do for the 4th of July?
>I had some friends over and grilled some food
>what did you grill anon?
>well I marinated some chicken thighs and I also grilled some asparagus spea-
>HOOOLY SHIT ASPARAGUS FUCK THATS GROSS DID YOU GUYS HEAR THAT?
>DUDE YOUR PISS MUST SMELL LIKE SHIT
>FUCK HAHAHA THATS GROSS
shit like that
I ran into one of them in the supermarket beside our office, he saw a yellow squash in my cart and was like DUDE YOU BUY THE WEIRDEST SHIT. His cart had like 7 Lean Cuisines in it and a bottle of soda.
I kinda want a different job just to get away from these dipshits, but I get paid way too much to just up and leave
>>
>>7311663
I live in phoenix and we have cactus at all the grocery stores, even walmart.
>>
>>7311702
>>7311572
What the fuck is with the Lean Cuisines? Are they all fat fucks?
>>
>>7311702
I love squash, I like to cut it into disks and baste it with olive oil, put some spices on it and bake it for about 30 minutes. It's a healthier alternative to potatoes.

Of TV dinners, I've found the atkins ones to surprisingly be the best.
>>
>>7311723
>>7311723

Lmao fuck off nerd go kiss your gay vegetebles
>>
>>7311702
do you work for a finance firm? A lot of meatheads seem to end up there.
>>
>>7311572

Proper response to these people is "what are you, 5?"

Also I really hate the dude in your picture.
>>
>>7311723
>healthier alternative to potatoes.
potatoes are healthy though
>>
>>7311906
that's a dude?
>>
>>7311928
sure, but squash is healthier
>>
>>7311702
Dudes sound like total bros what kinda fag eats chicken and asparagus on the 4th of july?
>>
>>7312099
The same people who split a Zima and act tipsy.
>>
>>7311591
I work night shifts with an Iranian.

His mum literally comes in while he's out on patrol and drops off a stack of tupperware full of food for us to share and then spends half an hour talking to me about him as if he's five years old.

It's hilarious, but also kind of sweet.
>>
>>7311572
>going out of your way to mention you had cactus
got what you deserve cactus tacosan
>>
>>7312140
Is the food good at least?
>>
>>7312211
Extremely. People talk mad shit about them, but goddamn middle easterners can cook.
>>
>>7312070
Yeah. One of those awful SJWs.
>>
>>7311572
You sound like a pretentious cunt
>>
Thankfully I live in Louisiana where the food is actually good.
>>
>>7311713
nah, Lean Cuisine guy is just a manchild who doesn't cook for himself
>>
>>7311770
my boss calls it a "consulting firm". we basically arrange things for companies like setting up training courses, or booking and scheduling events like corporate retreats.

>>7312099
my chicken thighs are off the chain you little shit

>>7312104
do Zimas even exist anymore?
>>
>>7312239
>based shawarma
>>
>>7311770
Ah so that's why we keep going into recession.
That and non sustainability of capitalism.
>>
>>7311702
>>DUDE YOUR PISS MUST SMELL LIKE SHIT
>>
>>7311572
lol what kind of faget eats cactus tacos

lol

fucking cactus tacos lmao
>>
>>7313023
>consulting

jesus christ this is one of the worthless things out there

I can nver get my head around how people like these have these jobs and they are actually paid to do all that dumb useless bullshit

fuuck
>>
>>7313362
>jesus christ this is one of the worthless things out there
>I can nver get my head around how people like these have these jobs and they are actually paid to do all that dumb useless bullshit

I agree. When I was in college I was a shift leader in a factory that made machine parts. One summer the company paid something like 75k to have a firm send a consultant to observe operations and tell us what could be improved upon. After a week they called all the bosses and shift leaders into a conference room and the consultant gave us his findings. Literally all this fucker had to say was "everything needs to be more efficient!". He had no suggestions on how to be more efficient, nor did he even have any specific examples. They paid 75 thousand dollars for someone to say "do it better".
So yeah fuck "consulting", but at least my firm performs an actual service for the people that pay us
>>
File: 20151230_141716.jpg (4 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151230_141716.jpg
4 MB, 3984x2988
>>7311572
I went to lunch once with my co-workers to a sichuan restaurant. They order
>orange chicken
>general tso chicken
>sesame chicken

I ordered boiled fish in spicy sauce (pic related) and I still get shit for it to this day.
>you're ordering fish? You're going to get sick for sure
>BOILED fish? Who boils fish?

Any time anyone mentions anything like OP's napoles for example they all say shit like
>oh anon would love that, he's a really adventurous eater
>he'll eat anything, he's like that Andrew Zimmerman (it's Zimmern) guy from bizarre foods
>>
>>7314204
>Who boils fish

What the fuck, I've eaten boiled fish all my life and it was just the stuff we got at school and at home. Where are you from that doesn't boil fish?
>>
>>7313316
>>>/leftypol/
>>
>>7314241
I don't know. I live in texas and i think the only fish my coworkers eat is fried catfish or long john silvers. Don't even get me started on the faces they make when anyone mentions sushi
>>
>>7314396
Bruh I've lived in Texas my whole life and I know the exact kind of people you're referring to. There are some rednecks out there that fish who know their shit like rainbow trout or bass.
>>
>>7314415
My brother is one of those rednecks. Going to his place tonight to cook up some red snapper he caught a couple days ago. Will post pics if anybody is interested
>>
>>7311572
My platoon mates make fun of me by pretending to wear a monocle and saying "frumpy pumpy!"
>>
>>7314438
Must've caught it on the gulf coast?
>>
>>7311702
>not grilling steak on 4th of july

fuck off pleb. leave the asparagus with us.
>>
>>7311572
I went a buffalo wild wings kind of place with some coworkers and they had a new gochujang wing sauce. I decided to try it and now I'm known as the guy that eats exotic chink food. They were all disgusted because I chose a different flavor of HCFS sauce than them.

By the way, gochujang is going to be the next big meme flavor, if it isn't already in your area. You heard it here first
>>
>>7314467
it's literally spicy fucking miso. why is this the shit now?
>>
>>7314458
Yes. He goes to Corpus Christi about once a month. Sometimes offshore, sometimes shark fishing from the beach
>>
>>7314472
That's just how meme flavors work
>>
>>7312239
Yeah, I'm all for build wall and remove kebab, but it's hard to deny that if they do one thing right, it's cooking.
>>
>>7314463
grilling steak is for plebs. Reverse sear method is how I do ribeyes and strips
>>
>>7311710
I live in Michigan and we sell jarred cactus shit too. Large mexican population lives in Detroit and surrounding shithole areas.
>>
>>7311723
all of the Atkins stuff is surprisingly good. their peanut butter cups taste exactly like Reeses and their snack bars are good as fuck
>>
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 240x200
>>7311591
>afghani
>bomb food
>>
>>7312239
Iranians are Persian, not Arab. Hence they are far cooler people.
>>
>>7315169
Assuming you're dealing with pre-revolutionaries and their descendents, yeah.
>>
>>7314479
if it means the end of siracha then I'm cool with it
>>
File: 20160127_192743-1600x1200.jpg (438 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
20160127_192743-1600x1200.jpg
438 KB, 1600x1200
>>7314438
The fish was really good. Blackened red snapper
>>
>>7314091

A rancher is tending his flock when a shiny, sports car drives up. A man in a spiffy suit steps out and says, "If I can tell you how many sheep you have will you give me one?" The rancher say, "Sure, I guess."

The man in the suit whips out a tablet, consults it for a second and says, "You have 56 sheep." The rancher says, "That's amazing, you're right!"

The man in the suit selects an animal and is loading it into the passenger seat of his car when the rancher says, "If I can guess your profession can I have my animal back?" The man in the suit says, "Sure."

The rancher says, "You're a consultant!" The man in the suit says, "You're right, how did you know?" The rancher says, "Three things. First you came without being called. Second you told me something I already know. And third you know nothing of my business. Now give me back my dog."
>>
>>7316711
lol
>>
I am a volunteer at meals on wheels.

Most of the people there in the kitchen are fucking useless and half the time all they do is invent drama between eachother. Me and a few other guys simply do our jobs and get the meals done for that day.

And the worst part... It's all the women who work who do it.
>>
>>7311572
>getting mad that people don't have the same interests you do and whining on 4chan instead of just joking around with them or eyerolling

you're probably just angry that they didn't drop their jaws at your aw-inspiring taste when you said you ate a prickly plant that you didn't even cook yourself, faggot
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.