[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What cheese can't I purchase from Wisconsin that I can in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: Wisconsin-Cheese-Logo1.jpg (974 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Wisconsin-Cheese-Logo1.jpg
974 KB, 900x900
What cheese can't I purchase from Wisconsin that I can in Europe? Let's be real here, most of the people shitting on pic related never even had it.
>>
It's a meme spread by some coastie that really really hates Wisconsin. He's going to spam this thread with about 100 "WIDF!!!!!" posts.
>>
A whole lot. L'Etivaz, lot of the goat and sheep milk cheeses, basque stuff, etc etc etc
>>
File: Wisconsin.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Wisconsin.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>7308498
Found the WIDF
>>7308488
>What cheese can't I purchase from Wisconsin that I can in Europe?
Most of it. European law would not allow you to import counterfeit products. However, if you can get a fake Fendi bag off Alibaba through customs, you could probably get Wisconsin """"cheese"""" through as well.
>>
>>7308515
and there he is to prove my point
>>
Holland's Family makes some of the best Gouda in the country, it's so good
>>
>>7308488
Cheese made from the milk of cows that graze on the grasses of Swiss mountain valleys.
>>
>>7308515
How is it not cheese? I don't get it.
>>
>>7308500
>he doesn't realize that there is a huge Basque population in the inner west
>>
>>7308488
I'm Minnesotan so our stores are 80% Wisconsin. It's fuckin great.
>>
>>7308609
Minnesota has some good cheese itself. Ever been to Bongards?
>>
>>7308488
Literally every protected European cheese and unpasteurized stuff
>>
>>7308600
How does that translate to basque cheeses? The basque country is geographically very different from Wisconsin.
>>
>>7308706
>implying there exist real, geographic features and people that can be described with words outside of the isolation bubble that is wisconsin
lol

next thing you're going to be telling me that not all of america is like wisconsin, or that the fantastic, imaginary people who live outside of america itself aren't all members of ISIS who want to destroy us and our way of life

frankly, you appear not to think, act, or talk exactly like me and everyone I have ever met in my entire life, which confirms that you are either trolling or insane, likely both
>>
>>7308706
The inner west (Great Basin specifically) is very different from Basque country but the largest concentrations of Basques in the USA live in that area and surrounding areas. Specifically, most of that area is high desert.
>>
Casu marzu cheese.
Actually made with flie's eggs, i'm from europe and in my country it is illegal.
>>
>>7308759
What's your point? Just because the people live there doesn't mean any Basque cheeses are going to be produced from that area. You can have descendants of French immigrants making wine in Australia, but that doesn't mean you're going to have French wine.
>>
>>7308632

>literally every protected european cheese and unpasteurized stuff

Literally the only cheeses you can't get in the US are unpasteurized cheeses that have been aged for less than something like 60 days (no epoisses).
>>
>>7308750
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksJqoiYXjMs

Shut it, coastie.
>>
>>7308866
>2:15

>Sid Cuck is a world renowned...

kek
>>
>>7308759
>being a retard
>>
>>7308866
/thread
>>
Their cheese is better than Europe's, fact.
>>
File: laffin fam.png (20 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
laffin fam.png
20 KB, 120x120
>>7308866
>Sid Cuck
>>
File: 89780618_o.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
89780618_o.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>7308790
>unpasteurized cheeses that have been aged for less than something like 60 days
So no unpasteurized mold cheeses at all.
>>
>>7308488
Stilton
Cheddar
>>
>>7308488
Most local non pasteurised cheeses that taste a. thousand times better maybe ?
>>
>>7308866
Videos like this embody what is wrong with Wisconsin and their cheese.
>>
>>7308488
Good feta. I've never had feta from wisconsin that was as good as bulgarian or greek feta.

Also good cheddar comes from Vermont, not wisconsin. Best brie comes from france, etc.
>>
>>7308525
>>7308549
>responding to anybody who uses multiple quotations marks in a row
>>
>>7308488
FUCK YEAH USA USA USA USA

LETS EAT WiSCONSiN CHEESEBURGERS AND CHUG SUPERSIZE MOUNTAIN DEW AND SHOOT OUR MACHINE GUNS

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>europoors this triggered
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1334x750
>>7312777
I like to be this kind of poor. poor, but with heritage. not a nation of (economic) refugees.

real feta has to be from greece, it is protected. same for many other cheeses - and that is a guarantee they are not tainted or just a mix of some fishy ingredients. I'm not sayong that all american cheese is like that - but in a capitalistic society the market rules. obviously there is no market for american cheese in europe and surrounding countries - how about the other way round? deli's stocked with french, german, italian and british cheese.
>>
>>7308866
>putting their filthy hands in there without any kind of glove and generally handling the cheese without gloves

fucking disgusting americans
>>
>>7312875
why gloves?
>>
>>7311656
I wish reddit would leave /ck/ alone
>>
>>7312895
you're a filthy animal
>>
>>7312906
why should they wear gloves? you have not explained your point.
>>
>>7312906
http://youtu.be/qKWEokT6ICg

with my cold bare hands. I can see his sweat dripping in the tank.
>>
>>7312909
you are such a disgusting filthy animal, holy shit

you probably wipe your ass with your hands and then eat a "cheese" burger
>>
Wisconcucks can't handle Europe has better cheese.
>>
>>7312915
you didn't get it - even the renound swiss cheese is made barehamded without a hairnet.
>>
what I dont understand is why some cheeses are so expensive and hard to find in the usa.
For example marscapone; every supermarket here in the uk sells some, you can get own brands, branded, big sizes as well as normal size tubs, and its always cheap.
I tried to find marscapone in the area of miami i was staying in, only publix had it, and it was 11 fucking dollareedoos. Theres loads of recipes that use that cheese, what the fuck? This is a big international city, not the middle of flyover. Its not a moldy cheese, and it has a sweet flavor, which I imagine would appeal more to the sweet tooth of americans.
Your cheese selection is shit and its so overpriced, the only cheap cheese is that bs fake cheese slices stuff that is 90% plastic.
I thought america was the land of choice, you guys cant even make slightly inferior american versions of the european cheeses.
And why is everything so expensive? No wonder america is poor. I thought shit was expensive here but nearly everything I could buy was more expensive, even cheap shitty clothes at walmart.
>>
>>7314422

why the fuck are you buying clothes at walmart you bucktooth bum
>>
>>7314431

because I wanted a cheap baseball cap to keep the sunlight out of my eyes. I forgot to bring one there and just wanted some basic cheap hat.
>>
biologically the bovine mamary glands that produce milk are sweat glands. the only difference is the composition of the sweat. there are additional byproducts like calcium, protein, etc.
per se cheese is fermented cow sweat. and I like it.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 500x333
>>7314582
a platypus is a very interesting example for this theory
>>
>>7314582
Nice fedora
>>
their cheese is about a 7 overall.
>>
>>7308536
>Gouda
>Made in America
>>
>>7308600
>there is a huge Basque population in the inner west
Oh really, how many years have they been living there? I don't remember a mass emigration to America recently.
>>
>>7311605
>feta
>from wisconsin

>cheddar
>from Vermont
>>
>>7308790
>No Époisses

Why fucking bother then
>>
>>7308488
Most Iberian cheese runs roughshod over any US crap
>>
>>7312875
Meanwhile, in europe...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ_-JzM-YQg
>>
http://www.uplandscheese.com/
>>
File: 91771.jpg (60 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
91771.jpg
60 KB, 800x449
Can you get some good old Maroilles in the US?
>>
File: omg.jpg (54 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
omg.jpg
54 KB, 500x667
Wisconsin is the 4th largest region of cheese production on the planet.
>>
>>7320767

Unfortunately most of it is industrially processed crap though.
>>
>>7320773
As are the 3 in front of it, using your measuring stick.
>>
>>7312875
wow you're an ocd european faggot. enjoy watching as your heritage is destroyed by less scrupulous men from other countries

well-washed hands provide the same protection as a glove
>>
>>7322762
DAMN you are MAD, son.
>>
>>7308488

>american "cheese"
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.