[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some new ideas for lunch; something that's healthy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: sandwich.jpg (78 KB, 560x415) Image search: [Google]
sandwich.jpg
78 KB, 560x415
I need some new ideas for lunch; something that's healthy and high in protein.
I've been eating lots of tuna/lettuce/mayo sandwiches, or salami/cheese, but I'm hoping to cut down on cured meats.
Any suggestions?
>>
>>7306955
Ready for this? I'm going to blow your mind:

>two slices of whole grain white
>three slices of deli chicken or turkey (if you're poor then pre-packaged won't kill you)
>1-2 slices of cheese
>cayanne pepper mustard
Treat mayonnaise like it's trying to kill you
>>
>>7306955
Boiled eggs, possibly with a salad that doesn't waste space with iceberg lettuce.
>>
>>7306958
>>7306959
Thanks

Also, is it possble to get lunch meats that are free from nitrates/nitrites?
>>
If sandwhiches are easy for you, you could replace cured meats with chicken/turkey breast you cook yourself. You could get a meal container that holds the same chicken/turkey along with other vegetables.
>>
>>7306958
Now for the vegetables:
>Tupperware container
>salad mix (preservatives are necessary or your lettuce will probably brown at work)
>cherry tomatoes
>pretzel rods instead of croutons (they taste the same and are way cheaper)
>any other veggies you like
>a sizeable amount of dressing (this is the only fat you're eating this meal, you can be generous with it)
And this is what I eat almost every day
>>
>>7306961
Not cured meats, no. Stew a piece of meat for yourself and it will last an entire week, however,
>>
>>7306955
Bean burrito in a whole wheat tortilla.
>>
>>7306955
Cut the mayo
>>
>>7306958
at least use real cheese
>>
>>7306961
Don't eat the gabagool grandma it's full of fat and nitrates
>>
>>7306958
>treat mayonnaise like it's trying to kill you
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>7306955
Did you know a cup of plain yogurt gas only 100 calories and 22 g of protein
Think about it. 22g of protein for 100 calories. That's better than ANY protein shake or bar
>>
>>7307339
It's almost like you're saying the supplement industry is a massive scam???
>>
>>7306958
I agree with this COMPLETELY.

However... let's go next level.

Make your sandwich the night before you go to work, put mustard between cheese and meat(so it does not make contact with the bread and soggy) and pack lettuce and tomatoes on the side.

When packing sides like this I like to use foil on the side because I'm a wasteful prick. Take lettuce(don't use fucking iceberg you faggot, i.e. use romaine or red leaf--break off manageable 2 square inch portions) and tomatoes(thinly slice it prior,) use 1 paper towel for all and neatly fold everything in and out so it's layered, the tomatoes will excrete water to the romaine or other lettuce, which will keep it crisp. Romaine, tomato, romaine, tomato. Wrap it up in foil, place on top of your samich...you are ready to go for the next day.

Your instruction the following day is A) BRING YOUR SANDWICH TO WORK but b) layer the romaine and tomato on the sandwich before you eat it.

BUT IT'S TOO BIG ANON!

Cut it in half or diagonal with your pocket knife faggot. Jesus.

Best, freshest and dopest homemade lunch sandwich of your life ANON.
>>
>>7306961
me and bf buy a cut of beef once a week or two
season it up nice and pot roast it to about medium rare

wa la

lunch meat free from nitrate

thinking my next kitchen purchase might be a meat slicer
>>
>>7308739
forgot a word

CHEAP cut of beef

like round or chuck
>>
>>7307312
Mayo, if you make it yourself, isn't bad for you. It's basically eggs, oil, mustard, lemon juice and salt. You can use olive oil to make it a healthier source of fat.

Mayo you get from the store has ingredients that are nutritionally weak or it's loaded with salt, etc.
>>
>>7308820
how long does it keep, homemade mayo?

eggs make me sick sometimes but i'm intrigued
>>
>>7307339
Yeh because I really cant wait to chug down an ice cold glass of natural yoghurt after a hardworkout

fuckoff wanker
>>
>>7309773
>chug nice glass of water
>eat nice bowl of yoghurt
?
>>
>>7308831
It will last a week or so. I've had it last longer with no problems. I've also never gotten sick off of it. Use fresh ingredients and I don't think you'll have a problem. If you have difficulty finishing it off in that amount of time, you can make different flavors with portions of it (e.g. make some into ranch dressing, make some into chipotle mayo, etc.)
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.