[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cheap fat foods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: fatty-foods[1].jpg (783 KB, 900x622) Image search: [Google]
fatty-foods[1].jpg
783 KB, 900x622
Help me /ck/, I'm relatively poor and a skeleton and I want to get fat. (Well not "fat", but fatter)

What are some cheap but fat recipes out there? Or generally any snack/method that will easily get you fat?

McDonalds is a no-go, in my country it's actually pretty expensive (for the cost of 3 ordinary burgers I could buy an entire chicken from the supermarket and cook it myself) And from what I've noticed, the size of our burgers is also smaller than what I've seen in American TV shows/videos.
>>
>>7537787
>method that will easily get you fat?

Any food you want, just more of it.

If money is a concern then cheap starches are probably the best choice: pasta, potatoes, etc.
>>
>>7537787

Okay so you want fattening, cheap, and not too bad for your health.

I would say a good bet is to buy pork belly and pork shoulder, both are cheap fatty cuts that if you cook right can be absolutely delicious.

Rice, dried beans, dried chickpeas, polenta, potatoes are all pretty much fair game as far as carbs go, pasta can get up there in price for a volume comparison but its still pretty cheap. The big thing is making all of these tasty requires a few additional things that cost money, a good start is to look up cassoulet, its a great french bean dish that will pack on some pounds. Fried rice, hummus w/ pita, soft polenta with duck fat ect, all quite fattening but really not that bad for your cholesterol.

You still want to eat your greens and for that I'd say go with cauliflower and broccoli, cauliflower you can roast in a pan and then drizzle with butter, broccoli you can steam and hit with butter.

Butter and animal fats are good for you and will fatten you up, just dont use dumb shit like soybean oil or margarine, those are bad for you.

Good luck getting fat playa
>>
>>7537803
>>7537824
Alright so lots of potatoes and pasta, I can afford that.

>Butter and animal fats are good for you and will fatten you up

Anything else you can recommend eating with butter?
>>
>>7537787
Cheese, peanut butter, nuts. Look mostly for caloric densities; the more calories, specifically from fat, per 100g, the better. Look at stuff that you can digest easily though; don't go chugging olive oil, but a drizzle of olive oil over cheese is good.
>>
The price per calorie should be cheapest for wheat flour and vegetable oil, then sugar, rice and pasta. Specifics vary with location. Animal products are a horrible suggestion, they are much more expensive.
>>
>>7537803
You forgot the bread, load up on bread, buy a loaf a day and stuff some in your mouth with every meal.
>>
>>7537911
>>7538194
Worst advice ever posted on ck
>>
drink a lot of whole milk
>>
>>7537911
Yup cheapest is gonna be rice pasta and beans fried in tons of vegetable oil and corn syrup
Make sure you sleep immediately after eating
>>
Post this on /fit/ senpai, /ck/ doesn't care/know about nutrition that much, and guys on /fit/ do. Ask for some bulking recipes.
>>
>>7538629
ahahah
>>
GOMAD YOU SKINNY PIECE OF FUCK
>>
>>7537787
I'll be honest with ya m8, start drinking beer. One beer is 150 calories and alcohol makes you hungry. Also you could make milk tea. Instead of sweetening tea (or coffee) with some sugar, use sweetened condensed milk. One can of that shit is 1200 calories. Be sure to work a lot of fat into your diet too. I know people always say "calories in calories out" and that is true but with high fat foods it is easier to pack away calories before your stomach knows what the fuck is going on and tells you to stop. Make sure you eat right before bed as well, even if it is just a few handfuls of nuts

t. guy who had to bulk up to get into the army
>>
>>7537787
Beans and rice. Add some hot sauce and fried egg if you want.
Homemade pizza (basically flour and cheese) pretty easy using a no-knead recipe.
Anything fried. Chicken, fish, shrimp...
Any kind of pasta. Mac and cheese or carbonara for maximum fat intake.

However I'm not sure this is the right way to go about improving your body - wouldn't it be better to eat a balanced diet just with larger portions? Because if you just eat a ton of fat you might just end up having extra fat in strange parts of your body (cheeks, belly, arms) and then just turn into a full-blown fatass. If you eat fat along with protein, fibre, etc you could have a more normal-looking body as your body benefits and grows from the nutrition in the food. I'm not a doctor though so idk.
>>
File: munchy box.jpg (282 KB, 1023x1000) Image search: [Google]
munchy box.jpg
282 KB, 1023x1000
muchy box, £10 for a 12" at my local
>>
oil

also see if you can find a good deal on mass gainer protein powder on amazon or bodybuilding.com or something
>>
>>7543259
This.

Protein, starches, and greens (so you don't get booty constipation). Also, a lot of fast food or fatty things will help you gain fat.
>>
Grilled cheese with lots of butter and real cheddar is breddy gud, OP.
>>
File: 1441904732026.png (26 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1441904732026.png
26 KB, 150x150
>>7541470
heart attack: the "meal"
>>
>>7537787
More is more when gaining weight. More calories, more fat, more protein, more vitamins.

I use supermarket frozen pizzas as a calorie supplement occasionally. Otherwise, cheese is a fucking gift it you can get decent stuff and have a sandwich toaster.

Otherwise, if you want to gain weight, eat a lot and then work out. Muscle's heavier than fat, and you won't be working so hard hauling a belly around.
>>
Up your portion size. Eating fucked ratios of fat and saturated fat for extra calories isn't a good idea.
>>
>>7537787
Peanut butter is pretty awesome. But pasta and rice are prolly the cheapest calories you can buy.
>>
File: e11450c1016e55e483736_original..jpg (161 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
e11450c1016e55e483736_original..jpg
161 KB, 640x640
>>7537787
Chinese food has a lot of oil and carbs.
>>
just eat one meal a day, and make sure its a BIG one, then go to sleep. also eat lots of bread, pasta, rice, and processed foods and put tons of sugar in everything. you'll be jigglin' in no time
>>
>>7537787
White pasta with meat balls. High calories and not that filling when you use white noodles.
>>
>>7544585
This.

PB & nutella(call me a memeing faggot. It tastes great) or PB&J sandwhiches are very very calorie dense, assuming you use a decent amount of PB. They're also not very filling.

Pasta with alfredo sauce is another option.
>>
>>7537787
what the fuck man? lift weights as well. might as well put on some muscle too instead of just fat.
>>
>>7544847
nutella will make you fat as fuck. i used to pour myself a bowl of cereal and dip my spoon in nutella before every bite. That shit is like pure sugar
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.