[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help with ordering Chinese food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: chinese food.jpg (163 KB, 1170x400) Image search: [Google]
chinese food.jpg
163 KB, 1170x400
Do you try and pronounce the names like they do, or just normally? Like

>puhrk loh-meh

Or

>pork lo-mein

Like I want to sound cultured and stuff, I even have the Asian Riff on my tablet so I can play it for them when they bring the bag to the counter.
>>
>>7305897
I always say general chodes chicken because everyone says tso slightly differently and the chinese people dont know about chode
>>
>>7305908
>ordering anything bug kung pao
>>
>>7305897
i just saythe numbers
>>
>>7305897
>pronounce the names like they do
Literally everything in Americanized Chinese food is [flavor] [protein]
Hot and Sour Soup
Ginger Beef
Orange Chicken
Mongolian Beef
Salt and Pepper Prawns

Pronouncing it like they do is just mocking their accents.
>>
>>7305942
>not going to a dim sum restaurant and butchering XLB's pronunciation like the white boy you are
>>
personally what i do is perform a deep bow and then, from the folds of my kimono (which i always wear to show respect for asia's beautiful culture) i procure a scroll on which i've written my order in immaculate kanji using my calligraphy set. anything less is disrespectful
>>
>>7305897
Who the hell worries about stupid shit like this?
>>
>>7305942
shoooore
>>
Unless it's something you literally can't mispronounce I'll just point it out or say the English name if it's there. They really don't give a shit as long as they can easily understand what you want.
Unless you just want to give them something to laugh about in the kitchen at closing time.
>>
File: 1372874610884.jpg (19 KB, 450x288) Image search: [Google]
1372874610884.jpg
19 KB, 450x288
>giving a shit about pronouncing a word from a language that you don't speak, and that is in fact so far removed from your language that the fucking shape of your soft pallate isn't conducive to pronouncing it.
I don't use this image often.
>>
>>7305969
Manchilds with no friends
>>
I bow to them
>>
>>7305897
They are serving me food. My servants are below my station. Thus, I do not care what they think of me. They'll clean my shit off their toilets and like it.
>>
>>7305897
I like Chinese. I just say "a fourteen, a seven, a nine and lychees," and see what I end up with. Makes things more fun.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.