[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The next big Memefood?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: FfNYQ7u.jpg (15 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
FfNYQ7u.jpg
15 KB, 480x270
Okay so theres horrible foods that have became memefoods and some good ones too are there any foods you would kinda like to see become meme foods.

Maybe you just like them and think if they went memefood then it will be easier to find it everywhere.

Maybe you hate it and want to see fucking hipsters gorging themselves on it for ironic reasons while secretly not admitting they hate it.

maybe you just see fun potential in it and want to see what the idiocy of the food industry would do if marketing said to put it in EVERYTHING!

So what does /ck/ (think will be/want) the next memefood to be.
>>
Chicken
>>
Durrian.
>>
aspic is creeping its way back into the popular consciousness ..
>>
File: rightoutofthecan.jpg (40 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
rightoutofthecan.jpg
40 KB, 480x480
I've got one.

Okay we all know that memefoods tend to be overused and placed in things they have no business in.

We also know that if the marketing just wants t capitalize on a trend then they will use the cheapest most artificial thing they can legally advertise n the label as "With real "x"!"

so I propose the next meme food be....

Marshmallows.

first off the hilarity of walking down the isles and seeing shit that any sane person would say "Marshmallows on this?" WHY?

Marshmallow fluff being treated like a fucking condiment on things

Rachel ray makes a sequel to late night bacon where the recipe is
1:Open a bag of marshmallows
2: Fucking eat them.

But the best part would be seeing every insane prepackaged food item that has those dry fake marshmallows as part of it (cake mixes with "real marshmallow", cookie mixes with the same bullshit statement.
The hot chocolate will have to overdose on the marshmallows so much that its a package of marshmallows with a tiny bit of brown powder.
Coffee will start coming with the damn things in it too cause gotta cash in on the meme.
Cereals well remember when cap'n crunch did the whole oops all berries thing.
Imagine seeing in the cereal isle boxes of special all marshmallow edition lucky charms.

TO top it all off since part of meme food is people trying to pass off the fakest most bullhit version of the food as perfection imagine walking down the street and seeing fucking hipsters eating pic related STRAIT OUT OF THE CAN.

Marshmallows The next memefood.
>>
>>7306097
>/ck/ is a barometer for social change
You need to get out more you fucking shut in.
>>
>>7306889
Lol i always loved marshmallows
>>
File: soondubu.jpg (13 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
soondubu.jpg
13 KB, 259x194
For years I've thought soondubu was on the verge of becoming the next food trend. Would still like to see it happen.
>>
>>7306902
-- if you think /ck is the only place talking about it, YOU need to get out more, my friend
>>
>>7305632
>hipsters
>memefood
Why is it you retards can't see the irony of moaning about hipsters while subscribing yourselves to cult of obscurity "I liked it before it was cool" bullshit that is one of the defining features that people ascribe to hipsters?
>>
File: mite b cool.jpg (34 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
mite b cool.jpg
34 KB, 500x384
>bone marrow becomes the next bacon
>prions the next nitrates
>>
Oh-niggery. Simple and cheap to make, and there's a whole lot that can be done with the basic formula to make them more interesting:
>cook the rice in stock
>use a strip of tortilla or pickled cabbage leaf instead of seaweed as the wrap
etc
>>
>>7307087
>subscribing yourselves to cult of obscurity "I liked it before it was cool" bullshit
he never said that bit tho
>>
I wish offal would become more popular among hipsters. It can go beyond this "bone broth" thing.
>>
>>7306889
You also need bullshit varieties of marshmallow and do some meme-mixing
Marshmallows flavoured in:
>Kale
>Bacon
>Chia seeds
>Cookies
>Alovera

And after a while they can bring back 50's styles OG marshmallows and mark up the price.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.