[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /ck/'s favorite hangover food?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
File: hangover-cat-G5bbc.jpg (41 KB, 410x356) Image search: [Google]
hangover-cat-G5bbc.jpg
41 KB, 410x356
What is /ck/'s favorite hangover food?
>>
File: o.jpg (129 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
129 KB, 1000x750
beef tendon and tripe
>>
File: crudo-menudo.jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
crudo-menudo.jpg
25 KB, 640x480
>>7304970
Annnnnd.........

/thread
>>
Congee with a hard boiled egg
>>
Beer and maybe a banana or something small like a melted cheese sandwich. But always beer.
>>
The handful of peanuts and cigarette butts left in the bowl by my computer washed down by whatever remains in the bottle I put down somewhere in the house and must have forgotten about.
>>
The concept doesn't make sense to me, the last thing I want to do with a hangover is eat something.
>>
>>7304997
It's the first thing you need to do if you want to recover quickly. Hence hangover food-- food you find you can stomach while hungover.
>>
there is only one hangover food

mcdouble with extra onions
>>
>>7304973
>>7304978
These and hair of the dog
>>
File: 1449179263089.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1449179263089.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
You might as well have just asked, "what is /ck/'s favorite food?".
>>
denny's lumberjack slam
>>
>>7305134
this is after a night of barfing
>>
all you can eat Chinese buffet
>>
a million liters of water and toast with butter and salt
>>
I'll make an easy chicken noodle soup while constantly feeling like shit and wondering if I can even stomach muh soup.

You know, just frying up some chicken breast with way less than normal garlic and onion. Use a lot less spices but the normal amount of herbs (I really dig rosemary when I'm ill). Smaller pasta like bowtie or something preferred. Vegetables that get soft like potato, spinach, carrot.

Salty and watery.
>>
Hangover food is not a real thing

You are just hungry and want something that isn't too complex

There I said it
>>
Blue Gatorade, room temp pizza and/or white castle sliders
>>
>>7305302
Food is not a real thing

You are just hungry and want something that isn't too complex

There I said it
>>
i find hangover food to depend a lot on the kind of hangover you're having, you know? i mean is it a "drank too much and spent the morning dry heaving and feeling like death" morning? did i sleep in and find myself looking for soothing brunch on a saturday afternoon?

personally my favorite hangover meal is when you stay up all night and pound a sleazy fast food breakfast as soon as you can get your hands on it in the morning
>>
>>7304970
Saltine crackers, gatorade, water, tylenol.
>>
>>7305302
>comfort food is not a real thing
>You are just hungry and want something that isn't too complex
>There I said it
>>
>>7304970
I fucking lol'd so hard at that pic, goddamn.....Do you know how many times I've felt just like that fucking cat (and probably looked like it too).
>>
>>7305123
definitely not that thing
>>
>>7304970
I rarely get hangovers and I'm a seasoned alcoholic. But if I get particularly smashed and pass out before I drink water I can't eat in the morning. I feel like my brain is drying out and I take in liquid energy, stuff like fruit juice and gatorade.
>>
fried egg sandwiches, with plenty of mayo
>>
>>7305768
This, except ginger ale instead of gatorade.

Holy shit saltines are the greatest thing created by man when you're sick
>>
>>7304983
This, beer works everytime.
>>
>>7304970
Scrambled eggs with hot sauce, bacon, fried tomato, buttered whole grain toast, coffee. Either that or anything Micky D's.
>>
Döner kebab
>>
Gumbo. Need me something spicy.
>>
>>7304980
Congee is a yes from me

>i aint even asian mother fucker
>>
>>7304970
A full english breakfast, multivitamin and an original lucozade
>>
Spicy Indian curry
>>
>>7307007
This with a mug of strong tea and a smoke
>>
ghost peppers
>>
Normally drag myself out of bed around midday and go to a bar, have a beer and order a chicken parmigiana or a steak for lunch.
>>
>>7305294
This guy knows whats up. Mine is oxtail soup and a fresh-baked wholegrain roll. Ready to face the day in 15 minutes flat.
>>
>>7304970
Plain water, I'm not hungry when I have a hangover.
>>
>>7305768
no tylenol .. your liver has had enough of your shit already
>>
>>7304970
Chicken noodle soup

Or something spicy
>>
>>7308016
But ibuprofen puts stress on the kidneys. The liver is better at regenerating.
>>
>>7304970
>What is /ck/'s favorite hangover food?

You can't go wrong with soft-ish eggs and greasy bacon eaten SLOWLY. And some hot coffee. And fried potatoes.
>>
shakshouka or a giant hashbrown cooked in my cast iron, topped with a couple of eggs, some tomatoes, cheese and broiled in the oven
>>
>>7304970
drinking as much water as I can down before going to bed
>>
File: kebab.jpg (205 KB, 1600x1068) Image search: [Google]
kebab.jpg
205 KB, 1600x1068
kebabpizza
>>
>>7308046
Swedish/10
>>
>>7308046
That's not Kebabpizza, tho'
That's a Gyrospizza
>>
Oatmeal with some protein powder
>>
>>7308027
no pills..
water and a bit of salt is all you need
>>
>>7308027
>medfag here
Think of it like this
>liver is already stressed - should we double down and force it to detoxify the body while also breaking down tylenol?
Or
>kidneys not stressed - one dose of ibuprofen will do jack shit
Take that anon advice, ibuprofen is better overall anyways.
>>
>>7308770
This, but i usually substitute salt for more sleep. Odds are after a night of heavy drinking i already had some salty ass food before bed.
>>
>>7304970
Fish like tuna rpthat has those bomb omega acids
>>
>>7309159
*tuna that*
>>
File: kebab.jpg (35 KB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
kebab.jpg
35 KB, 800x530
>>7304970
This shit right here. Say what you want, but I can feast on this shit.
>>
>>7304970

One of the few times I drink energy drinks is when I have a hangover. I get the sugar-free ones, and I'm not sure why, but they seem to work really well for hangovers. Must be a combination between the water, the sodium, and all the caffeine, though I guess they do have some b-vitamins.

Other than that, I like something fried and with potatoes.
>>
Warrior Diet

1 pot coffe
1 pack ciggarettes
1 big meal
2 big shits

Mea consists of: if Pho is not available
1 8oz laddle chicken stock (done by morning)
Handfull of cabbage
Sriracha

Note: My flat faced friends like to sub kimchi for the cabbage and double down on the sriracha.

Cocaine helps too.
>>
>>7304970
Very mature blue cheese
>>
File: wienerschnitzel.jpg (17 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
wienerschnitzel.jpg
17 KB, 300x225
Wiener-fucking-schnitzel, massafakka.
But not imediately though. First, you need at least a pint of freshly squeezed orange juice, and a good, long nap.
>>
>>7310369
I don't know what the fuck that is, but that isn't a kebab.
>>
Acid
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.