[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Costco General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4
File: costco-wholesale_416x416[1].jpg (22 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
costco-wholesale_416x416[1].jpg
22 KB, 416x416
I like Costco but the worst part about it is its fans who pretend like everything Costco does is godlike

>get told that Costco's pizza rivals that of a pizza place
>people wear by Costco pizza
>get some at the food court
>it's greasy shit with garbage ingredients that even little caesar's tastes better than
>>
and not everything is cheaper there.
>>
it's like a dominos/papa johns shit style pizza,ok for what it is
>>
costco is awesome but it's true.. some of their stuff sucks

people rave about their meat.. it's mechanically tenderized and therefore not safe to eat rare
>>
what people like about the costco pizza is the fact that its twice the size of a normal slice and only $2, i dont think ive ever met anyone that shat themselves over the taste as much as the value
>>
the brats at their food stand are a better decision than the pizza
>>
>>7303925
oh yeah i know. i just went with pizza once. my typical food court faire:

>hot dog or polish (i dont know the difference)
>drink
>churro
>chocolate vanilla swirl frozen yogurt

costs like $4.50 or something
>>
>>7303897
It's a for its price thing

The stuffs the best or some of the best you can get for the price

>$1.50 for a bomb polish dog and a soda
>>
>tfw your father has a legit hatred of costco for some reason
>whenever i would go to costco to help my mom when i was back home he would literally wait at home for us to get home so he could berate us for what we bought, even though he never cooked any of it
>would sit there literally calling us idiots for going to costco
>>
>>7303996
those polish hot dogs are my favourite fast food thing
>>
>>7304012
he never told you why? he would just get mad at your food without explaining?
>>
>>7304032
he hates it just because he thinks that it's a scam, that literally everything you buy there is, in his words, "mayonnaise in 55 gallon oil drums" even though everything would be to the contrary

it's fine if costco isnt your thing but i just didnt see the point of him sitting there berating us for purchases when he didnt even cook the shit
>>
>>7304055
your dad sounds like a retard.
>>
>>7304055
Your dad is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>7304074
>>7304091
he's not a retard, he's just an asshole who thinks he knows everything and that no one can change his opinion

he's also the type who doesn't know shit about technology but wont ask for help with it and when i would try to help him he would say we dont know what were talking about
>>
>>7304012
lel. my dad used to refuse to buy their gas because he was convinced they were not paying taxes or something. he's over it now
>>
>>7304129
So... a fucking idiot...?
>>
>>7304150
>lel. my dad used to refuse to buy their gas because he was convinced they were not paying taxes or something. he's over it now
It's called "loss leader" items.
There are stores who sell items before their cost just to get you to visit more frequently and spend more money. CVS/Walgreens sells their gallons of milk less than your ordinary grocery. They are pretty sure you'll see something else you need before going out the door.
>>
>>7304179
aren't there minimum markup laws on gas?
>>
>>7304129
your dad sucks, find a new one
>>
>>7304226
that's okay. i'm 24 and an only child and he already had a big hand in causing my life to be as bad as it is now. its too late

i've learned to live with it until I kill myself
>>
costco sucks
>>
>>7304184
Why would there be?
>>
>>7304385
>Why would there be?
because politicians never actually understand economics
>>
>>7303897
The pizza at the food court is definitely not all that great, but the chicken bake and turkey provolone is fucking amazing. Their take and bake pizzas are pretty good though.
>>
>>7303897
their liquor store is garbage

still need to order a pizza and that chicken bake thing before I write them off
>>
>>7304506
>their liquor store is garbage
the beer selection is pretty bad (though prices are good), the liquor is fine though
>>
>>7304475
I agree, that sandwich is good. I have to yet try the take and bake pizzas tho

The price is neat too, i guess that's where all the praise comes from
>>
>>7304012
Have to agree with your dad. Costco is most definitely a scam. Unless your running a restaurant or your family consists of 5+kids, then it isn't worth the trip (Costco's always seem to be so far away). You can save more money by visiting a grocery store closer, and buying store brand as much as possible. I'm in Canada, and Superstore is by far a better option than Costco. Why the fuck would I want a gallon drum of oil/ketchup/mayonnaise/etc, because you literally have to buy those ridiculous sizes for it to be cheaper than buying store brands at other stores. Their meat isn't any cheaper, neither is their bread. The only thing it really has going for it is that you can get some cheap fast food on your way out, along with some cheap gas.

I've seen people drive 2hours just to shop at Costco. I feel like killing these people to remove them from the gene pool.
>>
>>7304616
there are plenty of good deals, and most of the sizes are not nearly as ridiculous as you claim.
>>
>>7304616
Paper products, bottled water/drinks, home goods are all cheaper. And the first two things you should buy in bulk to save. That's all I go there for and it's well worth it. I can stock up on half a years worth.
>>
>>7304623
also they sell plenty of electronics and clothing items at great prices on a per item basis, its not only bulk stuff
>>
File: pomegranate6.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
pomegranate6.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
>>7304616
>Superstore is by far a better option than Costco

Superstore / Loblaws / No Frills / Provigo / Zehrs / Maxi are just OK. Sure, it's a bit cheaper, but the shopping experience is much better at Metro or Sobey's.
>>
>>7304237
>blaming other people for your life sucking
What? Does he cock block you or call jobs you're applying for to tell them that you have downs syndrome and will be doing heroin in a broom closet if they hire you?
>>
>>7304773
>Sobey'

pls no
>>
Their smoked salmon is delicious
>>
>>7304616
costco is not a scam.. go inside sometime and just look around for things you buy a lot of (if you don't have a member card you can just go around the back, no one will no the difference)

i buy a lot coffee and it's literally less than half price anywhere else i've seen .. i go through about a pound a week so it can add up.. also dental floss, soap, tp,trash bags, etc. shit you always need to have at home is considerably cheaper and they have nicer quality stuff

the electronic section is decent too .. and they have the best warranty.. two years or something if shit breaks they just give you another one
>>
>>7303897
I eat a whole Costco rotisserie chicken on my own in one sitting. Is this degenerate?
>>
>>7305796
You're a dick if you don't share with your pets.
>>
>>7304773
It depend on what I want, Metro doesn't stock the Shin Cup I like so I take a walk to the maxi every two week to restock. While I'd never buy meat at a Maxi.
>>
>>7305806
It's probably too much salt for your pets.
>>
The gas price is good but it's shitty gas.
>>
Costco poutine in canada is bretty gud for the price and how much you get.
>>
They have god tier return policy

I buy their meats all the time. Great stew meat. Delicious.
>>
>>7303897
churros tho
>>
I've been going there for 15+ years and have never actually had anything from the food court.
>>
sample lady denied me another brownie

i bathed in her blood
>>
>>7303897
Bitch all you wish about Costco, but it is far and away better than Sam's Club
>>
>>7304616
i have 3 costcos all within 5 minutes of my house

sounds like that solves that issue
>>
>>7303897
I noticed this when I moved to California for a couple years. I had Costco before and do now, but in CA everyone raves about the fucking terrible pizza and the ice cream. And often without any "for the price" language either, although if pressed on it, most say that, but they don't rave about the best cheap crappy thing for any other subjects. It baffles me to this day.
>>
Worked there for over a decade. Some people buy a membership card and never purchase anything. They just come in everyday and roll around on an electric wheelchair eating samples before blowing up the bathrooms
>>
>>7304179
Another big loss leader is rotisserie chickens near the entrances. They're really cheap, and the smell of those cooking chickens really does make you hungry.

I wrote this reply yesterday, and forgot to hit send. Woo
>>
>>7310449
My dad goes there just to eat at their food court and get a few samples and leave

This culture is weird
>>
You don't even need a membership card to make food court purchases, and the pizzas are good for the price, but Costco isn't that cheap, especially compared to internet retailers like Amazon. Even groceries are much cheaper at normal supermarkets if you look online to compare prices.
>>
>>7310201
I've lived in California all my life and I've never heard a single person 'rave' about the pizza. That says more to the type of people you associate with.
>>
>>7311528
Who the fuck buys produce online?
>>
Costco pizza is mediocre.

The hot dog is pretty fucking great, though.

The rotisserie chickens that >>7311002
mentions are also an excellent source of cheap chicken. Sometimes I just go home and make it a part of another dish.
>>
>>7304616
I live in a 2 person household. just the amount of money we save buying just their eggs pays for the entire years membership in 2 months.
>>
>>7311690
neet fucks. you realize youre on 4chan right?
>>
>>7311824
actually sorry, nvm i just realized I was wrong. I know a shit ton of neets that buy grocerys online but now that im thinking of it not a single one buys produce or eats anything fresh.
>>
>>7311761
how much is a chicken?
>>
>>7311690

I'm in Britain and all of the major supermarkets do home delivery.
>>
>>7311546
>If it makes you feel any better, I hated these people.
>>
>>7311818
A dozen eggs are like $3. How many fucking eggs are you consuming in two months?
>>
>>7312002
1dz eggs are $1-$2. Where are you shopping, Hawaii?
>>
>>7303897
Their fries are the best fast food fries you'll ever have basically
Everything else is county fair food being done on a shoestring budget (and that's being generous)
>>
Costco brand products are always very high quality(Kirkland or w/e)
They also have great dog food.
Things not to buy is the standard meat but they do sell USDA prime which is nice sometimes. Dont buy their hygiene shit like toothpaste or deodorant or anything else like that as it is way overpriced.
The best thing about costco is they have very high quality items sometimes on huge discount. Their stock is always changing so its good to go check what they are selling every few weeks. This applies to non food items like clothes furniture ect.
>>
>>7312021
The kirkland signature is probably one of the most reliable things in american retailing.
>>
File: dnldtrmp.webm (320 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
dnldtrmp.webm
320 KB, 400x400
>>7312026
I think most of it is might be made by high end big brands just rebranded for costco
Or costco actually takes the time to make nice things because their brand is on the line if they make shit products
>>
>>7304055
your dad needs to get his head out of his ass
>>
File: abhwgakldxk2yy4n7ztn.jpg (46 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
abhwgakldxk2yy4n7ztn.jpg
46 KB, 636x358
>>7312026
>>
>>7305806
>2016
>pets
Shiggity
>>
>>7312007
egg prices are still stabilizing
>>
>>7312035
they wont make a ks item unless its "equal or better than name brands". in all honesty the only thing I've had that wasn't better and cheaper than any name brand was the cooking spray, and thats because the spray cans used to leak but they fixed that.

all of the ks liquor is basically rebranded. for example the vodka is made in an old grey goose factory using the same exact process. at least thats what I've heard
>>
My prescription drugs were $160 at walmart. $35 at costco. A handle of kirkland french wheat vodka is $19. They have a good cheese selection. Bags of frozen shrimps, wings and all kinds of stuff is good. I have never seen comparable things in supermarkets.
>>
>>7312297
It is made there. I worked for Costco and actually visited the plant. Still some markings leftover from when grey goose ran it.
>>
>>7303897
It's about the value more than anything, like with In n' Out.
>>
>>7311546
I live in San Diego and I hear this all the time.
I like costco pizza but it's nothing special. Same goes for Krispy kreme.
>>
>>7303901
All the main things I used to go there for; paper towels, toilet paper, Mexican Coke are several dollars cheaper at Wegmans. I went over there last month to get a giant case of cat food. The next weekend I was at Wegmans again and found the exact same brand with the same number of cans almost two dollars cheaper.
>>
>>7313570
this. its the lowest priced pizza you can get in some places. I still rmemeber the cheapest pizza we could get around our university was from Costco. that's why its so honored
>>
>>7311845
$4.99 and they're never older than two hours out of the rotosserie. Once they're two hours old we pull them from the case and make them into chiken salad.
>>
>>7312007
We buy eggs for .68 a dozen from the local chicken farm.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.