[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /ck/s thought's on Espresso Machines? Waste of money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 81hA97wqtDL._SL1500_.jpg (192 KB, 1445x1500) Image search: [Google]
81hA97wqtDL._SL1500_.jpg
192 KB, 1445x1500
What is /ck/s thought's on Espresso Machines? Waste of money or a good purchase?

I'm mainly considering buying this for my parents who frequently waste a lot of money on Starbucks each day. I think if maybe I can get a good machine that is pretty easy to use then it'll cut down long term costs.

Yay or nay?
>>
If you think they'd actually learn how to use it, and aren't lazy fucks who will still go to Starbucks half the time, yeah an espresso machine can be great.

You get what you pay for, so avoid lower end models.
>>
Also pic related it's the Breville BES870XL on sale atm, looks nice and reasonably easy to use/clean.
>>
enjoy cleaning it. I put my mocca in the dishwasher.
>>
>>7303098
What do you need to clean on an espresso machine anyway? This one has two components, one for grinding and one for the actual espresso making.

For the grinder isn't it just a matter of taking out the blades every so often and cleaning them, and for the brewing to run some water out of them and descale with vinegar every so often?

Or is there more to it then I'm aware of?
>>
>>7303100
Bump
>>
>>7303149
Anyone own one before?
>>
>>7303100
cleaning the blades only will leave the grinder full of coffee-lard. it will smell rancid, you will get rid of the machine and end up with a mocca. better buy a machine without grinder and make shure you either use soft water or it has an automatic descaling system. buy a seperate grinder.
>>
>>7303212
was very happy with my jura untill I bought a mocca for vacation. found out it is a hassle, waste of time and energy and sold it.
>>
>>7303090
>If you think they'd actually learn how to use it, and aren't lazy fucks who will still go to Starbucks half the time

Face it, this is what's going to happen

>You get what you pay for, so avoid lower end models.

And the higher end models will take longer to start saving money

I'd get them a nespresso machine OP. It'll bring $3-5 coffee down to under a dollar, and the machines are extremely inexpensive compared to the quality of espresso they make.

Does anyone know a good milk steamer that isn't expensive? Preferably one that isn't stove top. Frothing milk with a wand or induction pitcher doesn't compare to the real thing.
>>
>>7303212
I have an older model of the one. I love it. As far as cleaning, there is a water filter that you need to periodically change. There are cleaning tablets that you have to run the machine with as well. Also you may have to decalcify it if you have hard water.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.