[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Jar of pasta sauce Thanks a lot taste.com Can you guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2016-01-24-15-54-18.png (242 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-24-15-54-18.png
242 KB, 1080x1920
>Jar of pasta sauce
Thanks a lot taste.com

Can you guys teach me how to make bolognese sauce without cheating? What the fuck did people do before stock existed? I always see recipes calling for stock, what if you want to learn cooking from scratch?
>>
>>7302210
google "how to make beef stock" you fucking idiot

and it specifically states a 700g jar of tomato sauce, meaning you can just use 700g of any sauce you make yourself

fucking hell how did you even find out how to get internet or post on this site?
>>
>>7302213
>how to make sauce
>firstly, you will need sauce
cheers cunt
>>
>>7302213
OP wants to do everything from scratch.

Like guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URvWSsAgtJE

it's pretty reasonable.
>>
>>7302213
I don't think stupid people should have internet axis.
>>
>>7302222
Therefore, you look up how to make every ingredient. It's not difficult. If you found a recipe for what you want to make, you can find a recipe for fucking stock, one of the most simple and main stay ingredients on gourmet cooking.
>>
>>7302227
he must have an internet ally
>>
>>7302230
Can I avoid using stock in bolognese sauce?
>>
>>7302251
do you seriously not even have bouillon cubes? just go grab some of those if you're too lazy to cook up stock
>>
>>7302231
This board never sees to amaze me.
>>
>>7302307
The posters here are a diamond dozen
>>
>>7302436
its a doggy dog board
>>
>>7302465
In order to succeed on /ck/, you must use calm and sense.
>>
>>7302210
>followed some recipe for madras curry
>recipe asked for jar/can of tomato sauce
>no metrics
>curry ended up tasting like tomato soup
why the fuck. tomato sauce can come in 80mL cans to 680mL cans.
>>
>>7302217
Literally just simmer some tomatoes and keep squashing them. Add whatever herbs you like. Ad a splash of water as needed.
>>
Heat olive oil
Add chopped onions and crushed red pepper
Wait a minute before onions become transparent and add garlic
Add a little chicken stock and wait until it's reduced
Add crushed plum tomatoes from a can
Add salt to taste
Bring to a boil
Just as soon as the sauce starts bubbling, reduce heat to low
Simmer for however long you want (longer is better, I stick with 1 hour minimum)
Add whatever flavors you like (red wine, black pepper, seasoning, etc)
Only add fresh herbs when you're ready to plate your dish
>>
>>7302614
That's why you add everything to taste. I never learned anything by following recipes exactly, I just use them to check ingredient pairings or cooking techniques if I wasn't sure if something would work.
>>
>>7302635
Oops, I forgot, add tomato paste when you're cooking the onions/garlic/red pepper so it browns just a bit.

Also, add the flavors before you start simmering, not after
>>
>>7302210
Literally just google for recipes on all your stuff. Most shit is easy

Stock is mostly made from bones
Broth is from meat and fat and marrow, it's for flavor
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SO3ZUX_NIA
outlines it well and teaches you the technique.

Veggie stock is easy as fuck, literally just save all your vegetable scraps and boil them with herbs, salt/pepper. Chicken is the same, use bones and shit. One anon had a brilliant idea of using those rotisserie chickens for broth since it costs like 4 bucks for the small ones.

As for your bolognese:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DqGMs1DBmc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyayNr65OHc
>>
Is it possible to make stock if you don't have a family nor enough freezer space to freeze large joints of meat?
>>
File: downloadfile-28.jpg (33 KB, 494x768) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile-28.jpg
33 KB, 494x768
>>7302609
Carefull with all these puns, or I might have to take you into custardy
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.