[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you cook with wine? I watch a lot of cooking shows and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: wine_clash.jpg (187 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
wine_clash.jpg
187 KB, 750x500
How do you cook with wine?

I watch a lot of cooking shows and all of them deglaze their pans with wine before making a sauce or just add wine to pasta sauces or might mix it with broth and cook meat in it... I don't get it.

I cook a chicken breast, deglaze with red wine, and my whole kitchen begins to smell like shit. I evaporate the alcohol, then it's just a caramelized mess. I use dry wines, too, it shouldn't be too sweet for this to happen.
>>
>>7300278
Your pan is too hot when you're adding the wine and/or you're not using enough - you're not supposed to boil all of the liquid away.
>>
I'll start deglazing with stock to cool the pan off then add wine. Otherwise you can really ruin the flavor or reduce too quickly.

The keys are understanding how little it takes to achieve the profile you want and that wine takes time be "cooked out" and for flavonoids in things like tomatoes to bee pulled out since some of them are strictly alcohol soluble.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.