[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Slow Cooker recipes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: wecookingmane.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
wecookingmane.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
So in a feeble attempt to curb my habit of never cooking anything ever I bought a slow cooker so I can throw shit in it in the morning and when I get off work have something better than McDonalds.

Thing is, I don't really have any recipes to draw from to throw in the pot. What are some of y'alls favorite recipes using this thing -- preferably on the cheap.

Pic is basically what I got - 5 quart pot.
>>
File: 1447453870375.jpg (87 KB, 454x627) Image search: [Google]
1447453870375.jpg
87 KB, 454x627
Will post dogs in the meantime
>>
I've actually got this going right now.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/jeff-mauro/slow-cooked-cuban-sandwich-recipe.html

Only used it for the marinade though.

Bought a 7lb shoulder. Used the dry and wet ingredients, threw it in the crock pot.

Going to shed it, bag up the leftovers and put in the freezer, and use some for a Cuban style pizza tonight. A little extra work, but the recipe sounds pretty good for sandwiches.

I did double up the marinade ingredients because it's 7 lbs and bumped up the time to 8 hours.
>>
>>7300175

It looks like pork shoulder is one of those slow cooker staples. What would be the beef/poultry equivalents?
>>
>>7300187
>chuck roast
>bone in chicken thighs
>>
>>7299911
You should check out this thread >>7298294

if you haven't already
>>
Put in a whole chicken however you like it, maybe add a little more liquid than you usually would. It comes out just as good or better than baked. You have to be more careful with the timing than you do a pot roast or stew.
>>
File: CYla3WtWYAAjYuV.jpg (58 KB, 599x429) Image search: [Google]
CYla3WtWYAAjYuV.jpg
58 KB, 599x429
>>7300277

Nice dubs. I do have a question about liquid, basically what are some good rules of thumb when it comes to it when using the pot?

Also another dog. No I do not want to cook dog
>>
>>7301418
Not that guy, but if you were doing a chicken, I would use a bit of a marinade or regular chicken stock. Just a bit to cover the bottom so it doesn't stick/burn to the bottom if it's too hot. If you add a little, the chicken has natural juices that would flow out during cooking. Add enough juice that it comes up a little bit on the sides of the chicken when it's in there.
>>
lads how should I cook brown rice in a crock pot? 2 cups of rice and 4 cups of water on high for 2/3 hours?
>>
Soup my man

Take whatever veggies you have, some lentils, maybe a bit of rice and through it in the pot with a can of diced tomatoes and stock/broth. Cook on high for 4-5 hours. And WALA: soup for week.
>>
>>7303405
this sounds good

I have
>potato
>carrots
>white and red onion
>kidney beans
>sweetcorn

but that's about it, what would you recommend? and what kind of stock? I've only got beef in the house atm
>>
>>7303415
boil your kidney beans for about 10mins: there's a toxin in them. Now put all your veggies in the pot (I like red onion raw so I'd use the white one here). Add your stock (plus water if it's not soupy enough) plus salt and pepper. Don't know what you have in terms of herbs, but bay and thyme would work great with the beef. Cook 4-5 hours on high, 7-8 hours on low or until beans are tender.

Play around with it. Soup is really forgiving in terms of flavor.
>>
>>7303429
nice one man thanks for the help
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.