[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Venison burger suggestions? Have alot of venison at the moment.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Dinner.jpg (140 KB, 608x380) Image search: [Google]
Dinner.jpg
140 KB, 608x380
Venison burger suggestions?

Have alot of venison at the moment. I'm pretty good at cooking with it but looking for some help with burgers.

How do you make your venison burgers /ck/?

Not interested in any recipe which includes adding pork. I have some beef fat that I can add.

What ratio of meat to fat should i use?

What seasoning do you guys use?
>>
15-20% fat, salt, pepper, garlic.
>>
>>7299884

Thanks, think I'll go for 20%. Not sure about the garlic.

How much do you use?
>>
>>7299877
>What ratio of meat to fat should i use?
Grilling over a flame? Go ahead and use 70/30, like a nice chuck burger. the smoke from drippings add flavor.
If you're griddling, I wouldn't want to deal with that fat that is rendered, so I'd get it back to 85/15.

Season how you like of course. I'd add marjoram or summer savory to the loads of garlic.
>>
>>7299891

Usually use marjoram myself when cooking with garlic. Will go for that.

I'll just be using the grill in my oven to cook so will try and keep the fat ratio lower.
>>
>>7299887
Not a ton of garlic, I usually just mince up one good sized clove for every pound of meat or so and mix it in then salt and pepper the outside after I form the patties.
>>
Just a word to the wise: Use both parts of a bun when making hamburgers. One for the top and one for the bottom. For years I only used the top bun and my fingers and hands would get pretty greasy and messy. One day it hit me that I could avoid the inconvenience by adding a bottom bun.

#LifeHacks
>>
OK, garlic it is. Will add some marjoram along with salt and pepper.

Using 20% fat.

Also using two parts of the bun. One for the top and one for the bottom.

Thanks cu/ck/s!
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.