[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lupini Beans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: lupinibeans.jpg (7 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
lupinibeans.jpg
7 KB, 277x182
How do I know lupini beans are ready for brining and eating?
The beans have been getting water changes twice a day since Sunday, and as of yesterday they taste pretty much neutral, but the water still gets noticeably yellow within a few hours of changing.
>>
bump for interest. usually i just buy jars of them, but have been thinking about doing my own
>>
Bump for another chance at legume wisdom.
>>
>>7299944
They're beans u duck yard
>>
>>7299956
Thy're poison until you leach the alkaloids out.
>>
>>7299688
does they still taste bitter?
>>
>>7299961
why not just eat something else?
>>
>>7299992
Do you eat potatoes?
>>
>>7299995
you dont have to soak potatoes for days
>>
>>7299999
Go live off burger and fries
>>
>>7300008
>eating literal poison beans
are you aware you can get beans that aren't poison? are you aware there are beans that don't taste like shit if you don't soak them and change the water everyday for two weeks?
>>
>>7300016
I bet you dislike olives
>>
i like them fine, but im not going to buy raw olives off the tree and home cure them, that is a total waste of time, water and energy
>>
>>7299999
Nice fazolis.
Don't have to soak fazoilis.
>>
>>7300036
If I didn't do it they would rot
>he doesn't have olive trees in his garden
>>
>>7299990
They didn't taste bitter to me when I tried them two days in, but they did have a weird

>>7299992
>>7300016
I want to eat them because they're great beans. Protein content matched only by soybeans, low carb (for a bean), low fat, filling, delicious, useful as a snack and unbelievably cheap.
The soaking routine sounds intimidating, but it's only really a couple of minutes a day, and too easy to do to even consider procrastinating it.
>>
>>7300056
>Protein content matched only by soybeans
Good to know
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.