[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Street food videos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
So I really love watching street food videos. What I noticed however is that in India, Pakistan and some of the other poorer countries the oil they use is black. Is this just an old oil that took on the color from the spices they cook the food in or do they use a certain type of oil that looks darker than what we're used to in the west?

Here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYNSVbByi1U

Lets make this a street food video thread, please post your favorite.
>>
>>7299123
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutter_oil
>>
It's because of all the poo they don't get in the loo since they wipe with their hands.
Disgusting savages.

https://youtu.be/dz1kDQEHJaU
This is good.
>>
>>7299123
G U T T E R O I L
U
T
T
E
R

O
I
L
>>
>>7299123
It's not gutter oil.

The refining process, if you don't bleach the oil or filter our all non oil particles. You'd get that kind of dark oxidation from impurities. This kind of darkness is kind of like olive oil's impurities. Not harmful and arguably provide additional flavor.

The second type is that the vendor in order to save cost. Keep using the same pot of oil without changing.

Considering this is india, it's probably combination of both factors. You have unfiltered oil and used for way too low for frying.
>>
>>7299140
/thread
>>
That guy is handsome as fuck.
>>
>>7299152
I had a feeling it would be something like this. At first I thought it might be an oil from a grain that produces a darker oil but then I couldn't figure out what grain would cause that. Then I thought about refining like they do with extra virgin oils and then the next batches are usually lower quality. Makes sense that they wouldn't go with bleaching cause what's the point. I bet it's healthier that way too. People here would probably be scared that there's something wrong with the oil.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.